Sign in to follow this  
nyles

Interface discussion

Not sure if this has been mentioned so I apologize if it is a duplicate suggestion/request.

One thing I have difficulty with is the color of the orange 'waypoint' marker. I find the color VERY hard to see if it is against a lighter background. It just gets 'washed out'.

I'm a stone cold newbie so maybe I've missed a way to change the color (a cfg file?). If not it would be nice if you could choose the colors of 'on-screen' displays (comms, X-hairs, markers, etc.)

Edited by Westsailor

sound/say controll? give out commands with words? is that something that could be intresting?

Not sure if this is the right thread, but one thing I'd like to see is the ability to cancel the throw animation, with, say, the right mouse button. I really hate throwing stuff, thinking my gun is selected, and have to wait for the looong throw animation. Plus if it's a grenade that's equipped it'll get you killed.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but one thing I'd like to see is the ability to cancel the throw animation, with, say, the right mouse button. I really hate throwing stuff, thinking my gun is selected, and have to wait for the looong throw animation. Plus if it's a grenade that's equipped it'll get you killed.

I came here looking to say exactly this.

Rather than apologise if this has been said before I am wanting to add my voice to the probably silent thousands upon thousands who want this.

I have said before in forums that mechanics like this create the need for the player to think ahead and make sure his weapon is ready. I have changed my mind and would at lest want some kind of warning light reminding me that I have selected via F cycle menu a non lethal item. I think I would know if i had a flare or a pistol in my hands and that should be reflected even as I chide myself for having failed to mentally check exactly what my hands are doing. I mean it could happen ... point your knife at someone trying to shoot in the milliseconds before life is extinguished.

Also with flares and chemlights I would like to be able to light them without throwing them. Or light and drop. Thanks for the awesome game. I;m back to DayZ servers you knew it lol

One thing that I think would be really nice to have, is an option in the game menus to show/hide global/side chat.

One thing that I think would be really nice to have, is an option in the game menus to show/hide global/side chat.

Single player does this effectively.

Single player does this effectively.

While that is true, I'm obviously talking about when playing multiplayer.

1. need more tools from BI tools integrated into BUILT-IN editor. preferably, all of them. in Crytek-style, so you can do [most]things without hassle with switching/messing w/various tools/appz.

2. kinda missed war quotes from good old OFP games. there any chances to get something similar post-mortem ?

3. kill-cam like in OFP:R. very educational, especially for beginners. can be optionaly tweaked/turned-off by admin. or at least integrate[modified] kegetys spectating script.

4. manageable/powerful spell-checker for editor and ingame chats. doesn't it sometime frustrating/irritating when someone put typo in "pron" word or use extra-"o" letter in "Vodka" word ? :( optional emoticans in chat and smiles with auto-replacement.

Edited by BasileyOne

need manual in game speaker selection (headphones, 2.0 stereo, 4.0 surround, 5.1 surround, 7.1 surround). I'm using creative tactic 3d phones, and in games where you can select speakers in game, setting them to 5.1 surround, adds really nice 3d surround effect, which do i miss in arma 2 a lot.

I'm really sorry if my suggestion was wrong here.