Sign in to follow this  
dkraver

Improved unit editor

Agree with the suggestions :) it would be BEST for ARMA II!!!

Not sure if this has already been said but i think there needs to be a much easier way of adding a briefing and mission objectives to your mission for the beginner editors (like me).

Just like how you see the official missions in the scenarios section (picture, description).

In the editor where you select the weather and so on there should be a section of create briefing, upload mission image, write mission description. You should be able to place an objective on the map and then sync it to a unit.

There should be an option when you open the editor which says create campaign or create mission so when you save the missions, they all go in a folder under scenarios and they are all automatically linked together.

This would make mission creation a lot easier without the use of 3rd party addons.

@Jelliz: There is a nasty workaround for this, but require a bit more "double waypoints" and actual cfgIdentities. Create double identities and use speaker = "NoVoice"; then just change appropriately with setIdentity. It can get messy though, trust me...

It would be so much simpler if we had commands like setSpeaker, setGlasses (and setName and setPitch as well?). SetSpeaker would be very helpful in this instance, and setGlasses would be very helpful in multiplayer for custom "face stuff" that we get in ACE (using identities in MP is NOT a good approach since players will have their own, but no means of overriding certain parts of it).

I think the hidden waypoints is a great feature, just make in the waypoint drop down box an extra option called "Move (Silent)" and a different color or dotted effect, shouldn't be too hard i imagine.

I hope that finally one serious change in game editor will be made: player will be able to choose fraction of unit at first and then side he wants to this fraction (player, enemy, friendly, neutral). So fractions and sides won't be connected anymore.

Editor should be able to dealing multiple units at once.

Grouping,syncronizing,change class/state,add a script line in init box and so on...

It should also let you assign weaponry to AI and to player class. I'd also like to see patrol paths implemented as well. For example a sentry can walk a predefined path until provoked or suspicious of activity.

It should also let you assign weaponry to AI and to player class. I'd also like to see patrol paths implemented as well. For example a sentry can walk a predefined path until provoked or suspicious of activity.

For the Weapon part, use this in the INIT of the Unit

removeallweapons this;
this addweapon "ClassnameofWeapon";
this addmagazin ["Classname of Magazine", "Classname of Magazine"];

So you can fill up the gear of of the player.

For define a path for patroling, just set a linked group somewhere and add some waypoint. set their behavior to carefull and let them walk normaly.

Should do the trick... no bit interfaces for this stuff needed...

Hey thankyou! I am going to try that out rightnow. I just made my own night mission with Delta Forces Rangers. I put myself up against Taki SpecFor. It was us 6 against 24. I lost =o(. An enemy got me from a roof top.

If you using Arma2 without ACE, here are all the classnames of Vanilla Combined Operations

BIS Forum Classnames

If you now have successfully installed ACE, you can google ACE WAGN and there you will find the complete Classlist available online too. Cya soon

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but there are 19 pages full of suggestions for me to read through.

My suggestion is: When selection an entire group to move it on the map, it also moves the waypoints. Can you make it so that moving the group ONLY moves the group please; the waypoints should remain seperate.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Some of the static weapons only come with one magazine by default. Can you make it so all static weapons come with at least 4 magazines by default.

I know we can add more magazines with scripting, but why should we need to?

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but there are 19 pages full of suggestions for me to read through.

My suggestion is: When selection an entire group to move it on the map, it also moves the waypoints. Can you make it so that moving the group ONLY moves the group please; the waypoints should remain seperate.

1. Click on the map to deselect everything
  2. Drag a box around your group
  3. Drag the group

Should work fine.

Customizing unit's weapons & ammunitions feature missed in unit editor. Yes, writing some scriptlines for newfag is really uncomfortable, when you just want to create simple mission but with custom-armed unit. Sad.

Please add a LAND and a REARM wp! Rearming is fucking terrible and this might be a start to improve vehicle rearming. And like everyone else being able to customize units in editor please. i know i have custom units that do this but still pain in the arse(as well as getting old and lazy :) )

Please add a LAND and a REARM wp! Rearming is fucking terrible and this might be a start to improve vehicle rearming. And like everyone else being able to customize units in editor please. i know i have custom units that do this but still pain in the arse(as well as getting old and lazy :) )

adding "rearming servant unit" ? dedicated unarmed unit for both sides ? :)

remind me famous story about singapoore solider and his backpack, carried by his female[!!!] servant ;-)

Like a mission editor a map editor would be godlike. A fully customizable player would also be great including starting weapon with chosen attachments. As well as let you do that in the editor for any specific unit in your mission.

I should throw this out there too, there should be snow terrain. And skins to match it for all vehicles and BDUs

And please, better indoor combat. Easier to implement AI inside buildings.

Edited by VISION1776

Actualy, If we're going to go into this much depth, why not have an complete, inbuilt unit editor, like mission editor, rather than in it?