Sign in to follow this  
_Assulter_

Multiplayer

I really hope that Bis top priority for the mp part right now is to improve the netcode. :rolleyes:

how many players on the server will be? how many cards will be? when do the game on the market?

I really hope that Bis top priority for the mp part right now is to improve the netcode. :rolleyes:

Agree! So far the netcode is one of the most worse parts of MP.

BIS should have this as priority 1

I really don't see how the netcode is that bad? I regularly play 60+ player missions with no desync at all. If there is some, it is usually due to the mission being too heavy on the server.

I really don't see how the netcode is that bad? I regularly play 60+ player missions with no desync at all. If there is some, it is usually due to the mission being too heavy on the server.

Well, it depends on so many factors at server HW, client(s)HW, objects in mission, common VD, changes per second at any moment, .......

.....to state it works with 60+ without desync. If you would have proper stats at server for all clients you would see that there is ALWAYS desync, but how big matters.

BIS could improve it of course, no doubt about that, especially the treatment of clients causing lag.

One thing I'd like to see is an advanced browser filter. For example I really want to keep my list clean of missions that include the words "evolution", "domination", "ace", or "warfare". I know the list will look empty after that but oh well.

The worst part of ArmA multiplayer is the joining players synchronizing with the server that slowdown the network transmissions for players in-game. (oftenly yellow/red chain when you are playing and this on many many servers i've tried)

Nb : Even if you got a strong hardware/network broadband.

The worst part of ArmA multiplayer is the joining players synchronizing with the server that slowdown the network transmissions for players in-game. (oftenly yellow/red chain when you are playing and this on many many servers i've tried)

Nb : Even if you got a strong hardware/network broadband.

That's pretty much been fixed as of v1.15b.

I don't play beta, not enough server on it. And i think ArmA 2 will be out before we got the 1.17 final patch :p

Thanks anyway to inform me ^^

I would suggest an separate non-cdkey dependable exe for LAN play. That way we can play with our friends on one copy of OFP2 without worry of Fade. This was demonstrated in Delta Force: Black Hawk Down and was a very nice addition, as I work in Games Club (Not sure if you call it that way, it's a place with lots of PC's where alot of ppl play games) this would largely decrase my bosses expenses on one game, as OFP can be found in BiH for $30 and counting 16 PC's that are in service (30x16=$480) it's not an option.

PLEASE!!!!! sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

I missed quite a few opportunities to get people hooked on ARMA at LAN parties because of this. Most people had never heard of it and weren't about to go drop $40-50. With other games that had no CD-key check or disc requirement for LAN play people would run out and buy a copy of the game after the LAN party because they had so much fun and wanted to play online.

This would then open the game to all vpn pirates, a lot of illegal servers running through Hamachi etc.

Enjoying Arma2 immensely, but disappointed with the 'new' MP menu and the 'P' screen in MP games.

IMHO, they need the following improvements:

MP menu:

- ability to see ALL currently connected players (scroll through), not just a few

- game duration - how long has the game been in progress? Saves me joining with only a few minutes left.

'P' screen in MP games:

- why is the game duration info missing? Now we have no idea how long the mission has been running, or at least I can't find it ;)

- players in the list on the left are now all the same colour! That means you can't quickly see if the teams are balanced, or work out which players are your team-mates/enemies. I really don't understand this decision, as both OPF and ARMA had red/green players in the list - please bring this back!

Not major issues, but quite important :D

This is probably mentioned in other threads too...

I wish there was some way to play campaign as coop on dedicated servers (which would take off CPU load from host player). I mean proper campaign, not just separate missions sliced off from the campaign.

Saving campaign progress might be tricky but I hope BIS will find a solution.

Enjoying Arma2 immensely, but disappointed with the 'new' MP menu and the 'P' screen in MP games.

IMHO, they need the following improvements:

MP menu:

- ability to see ALL currently connected players (scroll through), not just a few

- game duration - how long has the game been in progress? Saves me joining with only a few minutes left.

'P' screen in MP games:

- why is the game duration info missing? Now we have no idea how long the mission has been running, or at least I can't find it ;)

- players in the list on the left are now all the same colour! That means you can't quickly see if the teams are balanced, or work out which players are your team-mates/enemies. I really don't understand this decision, as both OPF and ARMA had red/green players in the list - please bring this back!

Not major issues, but quite important :D

I totally agree with the GUI. It's poorly designed.

No map timer

If admin you can't tell if a player is ready on breifing, as they just look the same. You have to keep clicking continue until it stops popping up players are not ready.

Who is on what side? Not all servers use a scoreboard, and that only shows top 10 players.

Bring back the ArmA1 P menu if you have to.

It's nice to see the server console already for ArmA2, but I would still love to see more options to do something with it rather than it just a read only log.

Having a basic way to kick/ban players through it and to send messages to everyone or inviduals would be great. Many times as a server admin I have seen someone with a bad ID or people are contacting me saying a hacker is playing on the server, and I have to go and start the game up to just go kick and ban him - I could do it in the console within about 10 seconds.

Good work so far though :)

I would love to have seen more buildings that you could go into, go upstairs etc for somewhere to go/hide. It wouldnt bother me if they build a huge town on repeatable buildings/ lots of the same, would mean there are other places you or the opposition could go to. I know the likes of the hotel you can go into the front door and into the lobby, but it would be cool if you could then go upstairs to say the roof and snipe etc.

I would love to be able to assign dedicated servers ip on a multi-ip server.

i remember seeing a "grayed" out button for "Friends" is this going to be activated some time? because a friends list is a must have in todays games! :)

The one thing that would lift this game from a 9 out of 10 to a 15 out of 10 for me would be simple: Multiplayer Armory Mode.

Let people join, pick their favourite animal, vehicle, weapon or character, and then just randomly generate challenges as usual. Some could be competetive: Who gets the most skeet shooting hits, who gets to the assassination target or steals the item first(but they also have to deliver it first, have fun running from your friends' sniper rifles!), races, etc.

Others could be cooperative: Attacking positions, defending positions, maybe an enlarged Kill House, so forth.

I have a much simpler suggestion that is nonetheless highly important:

Please, please for god's sake let people still be able to join the server if it has a 15 player mission running with all slots filled, but the actual maximum slots in the server config is set to 48.

It's such a simple thing but it's one of the most annoying things when you are trying to run a server.

1. Please improve MP performance. This game has some of the worst lag of any online game.

2. Please allow PvP to be a filter option. Playing AI all the time is horrible game play.

3. Please improve MP performance. This game has some of the worst lag of any online game.

My request is pretty straight forward, a x64 version of the dedicated server and a ban option in the admin's player UI

Please Guys do something against Teamkillers in MP.

OK there is already a cool Feature that marks TKs as Enemys on the Map, but could you somehow highlight them visually, so that you don´t need to look at the Map to indentify this Idiot? Maybe paint him red or something?

Please Guys do something against Teamkillers in MP.

OK there is already a cool Feature that marks TKs as Enemys on the Map, but could you somehow highlight them visually, so that you don´t need to look at the Map to indentify this Idiot? Maybe paint him red or something?

I think here the answer is not a system but your choice of server. If you play with idiots it will be a mess no matter what system you go define.