Sign in to follow this  
9mm

Game physics

Quote[/b] ]

Flak jackets do not provide any protection from small arms fire, they just hold you together a bit better till you can see a medic.

Quote[/b] ]

They're good for catching shrapnel from grenades and RPG's.

..Neither of which are small arms smile_o.gif

Kicking doors in would be neat like you walk up to a door and the actions would be like

| AK-74 On Back

| Open Door

| Kick Open Door

|Reload AK-74mag

| Discard webbing

|____

Notice the discard webbing action, that would be neat too, as it would let you go faster farther. wink_o.gif

i don't want to be negative and of course i want all THAT u listed above in ofp2 but STAY REAL! no-one's gonna do it anyway... ragrolls (ok maybe DOable, but surely not with the OFP1 models, physics), pickable objects(rocks, bottles?! come on, it's a game about realism, not some Jet Li action movie)... and i saw something about playing paintball and aiming when running... i'd say that this aiming in ofp is kinda crappy, but i surely wouldn't compare a paintballgun shooting blastic balls with a m16/m60, which weights about 5-7 KGs... i'm sorry but THIS perfect game isn't possible EVEN by the BIS guys (i think ) rock.gif

Are you phiysically handicapped to the extent that you cant pick up rocks, If so how do you brush your teeth?? Think about it, did you ever see blackhawk down? The villagers threw............................ROCKS

Seriously, it is possible with todays technology, but ofp2 is still about a year and a half away, imagine what can happen in that time!!

I still think it is a good idea, and I stick by what I said..

Sorry to seem so negative, but you burned what i said pretty good, so have a nice day!! smile_o.gif

i didnt say it isnt possible, i just said that u cant have EVERYTHING in one game... have u read the topics before yours? ppl suggest everything, and i think that BIS can't do it all... they should concentrate on more important matters... gameplay would be a good example... collisions (yea i know everybody mentions it :P).

Put bullet hit textures on vehicles, and when going to the map make the cursor a light pen and when its dark have the pen illuminating part of the map.

Oh, sorry I must have misunderstood your post, I know BIS can't compile it all into one game, but a few suggestions might help, just think if maybe just one of these things could be implemented! But I agree Gameplay should come first. wink_o.gif

Are you phiysically handicapped to the extent that you cant pick up rocks, If so how do you brush your teeth?? Think about it, did you ever see blackhawk down? The villagers threw............................ROCKS

You call Mogadishu a village? rock.gif

I think BIS should concentrate on important engine issues instead of eye candy.

i don't want to be negative and of course i want all THAT u listed above in ofp2 but STAY REAL! no-one's gonna do it anyway... ragrolls (ok maybe DOable, but surely not with the OFP1 models, physics), pickable objects(rocks, bottles?! come on, it's a game about realism, not some Jet Li action movie)... and i saw something about playing paintball and aiming when running... i'd say that this aiming in ofp is kinda crappy, but i surely wouldn't compare a paintballgun shooting blastic balls with a m16/m60, which weights about 5-7 KGs... i'm sorry but THIS perfect game isn't possible EVEN by the BIS guys (i think ) rock.gif

Voices like yours were proven wrong when OFP v1.00 was released!

Why don't you let the developers tell us what isn't possible?!

Who the sheol are you to tell us that?

Notice the title of this forum? OFP 2 SUGGESTIONS!

i didnt say it isnt possible, i just said that u cant have EVERYTHING in one game... have u read the topics before yours? ppl suggest everything, and i think that BIS can't do it all... they should concentrate on more important matters... gameplay would be a good example... collisions (yea i know everybody mentions it :P).

There was a "fan" like you back when OFP1 was in development, always pretending to have some authority to be telling us what was impossible. I think Eric something was his name.

Meanwhile, B.I. was making the things we were asking for!

You remind me of that RedStorm wh0re at PC Gamer, Li C. Kuo. In his preview of OFP, he acted like the game was an impossibility that wouldn't work, but when it DID work he didn't even bother to eat his hat! Instead, he tried to nit-pick about the little things that were not up to his standards while heaping praise on that piece of shi'ite game, "Ghost Recon".

There was a "fan" like you back when OFP1 was in development, always pretending to have some authority to be telling us what was impossible.  I think Eric something was his name.

You remind me of that RedStorm wh0re at PC Gamer, Li C. Kuo.  In his preview of OFP, he acted like the game was an impossibility that wouldn't work, but when it DID work he didn't even bother to eat his hat!  Instead, he tried to nit-pick about the little things that were not up to his standards while heaping praise on that piece of shi'ite game, "Ghost Recon".

hehe yea.. look here it is.

That weasel... crazy_o.gif  mad_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Voices like yours were proven wrong when OFP v1.00 was released!

Why don't you let the developers tell us what isn't possible?!

Who the sheol are you to tell us that?

Notice the title of this forum? OFP 2 SUGGESTIONS!

i know it's all possible to make, but no normal person would put all this in 1 game... anyway it would take another 2 years to make such games... and why are you so angry at me? these are JUST SUGGESTIONS like u mentioned.

You call Mogadishu a village? rock.gif

Somalians, we happy now.... tounge_o.gif

But seriously, suggestions can find thier way into games, so our voices may just make them put most of this stuff in the game. And BIS are no ordinary people, they made Operation flashpoint, by which is by no means an ordinary game, It is the nectar of the gods!

What do you mean by smooth and natural? You mean like halflife? Unreal? That's not natural. If anything If they improve the movement made the thud of footsteps more pronounced... make stopping from a sprint take a few extra steps to slow down... You don't stop on a dime and you can't strafe from right to left (actually moving, not just swinging your torso left and right) without a brief pause or a slowdown.

I think a lot of people especially me, like the movement because it's appropriately limited. It's not (trancending-all-laws-of-physics-and-sensibility-so-that-you-can-circle-strafe-at-60mph

-like-some-kind-of-idiotic-attention-deficit-bullcrap-festival). There's nothing realistic or natural about those games. It's more appealing to people who don't like thinking, you know considering basic human limitations and all... if you don't like that. Go play some repetitive circlestrafe festival where you dance around your opponent for 10 seconds filling one another with 10 metric tons of lead. I prefer thinking in my games. I prefer capitalizing on the lack of thinking on behalf of my opponents and exploiting it.

From the first person perspective it doesn't look like much now if you mean improving the movement to be more like a human's movement... that is moving further AWAY from the design philosophy of FPS games of the past, like doom and halflife and quake where you ran at 30mph constantly and could strafe and turn effortlessly. Then I'm all for it.

I'd also have to agree on a side-note. Trespasser despite terrible bugs. Was really interesting to play. I personally. Despite many people lacking eye-hand coordination. Loved the arm and wrist manipulation idea. Being able to manually aim using the sights on the gun was great. It would have been nice to have some pre-set locations for the gun to be held or to save your own so that you know generally the best way to aim the gun.

Not only that but cocking my hand up and holding a pistol sideways "gangsta-style" and busting a cap in a raptors head was wicked good fun. =P

Not to mention that trespasser at times had the most detailed and impressive inverse kinematics (ragdoll to the layman) effects. If you shot a raptor in the head while he was running. His head would pitch violently and accurately relative to how he was hit... and usually crumple to the ground all with a realtime animation.

I don't recommend that for a game like ofp. Where you were fighting one or perhaps three processor draining raptors in trespasser... OFP's main strength is and should always be it's versatility in creating broad-scale battlefield simulations.

BTW "Uziyahu--IDF "

I remember that stupid little prick at PC gamer. It was that point of time where I realised that all the intelligent staff save William R trotter had disappeared. It was at that point I realised that open-minded sophisticated reviewing was no longer a possibility and I simply stopped reading that magazine.

I remember for issues after that all they did was take every opportunity no matter how irrelevant to extol the arguable virtues of ghost recon like some snot-nosed little highschool clique.

Yeah, and you know why "Dr." Kuo was doing that? Because PC Gamer had a long-standing "I'll scrub your backside if you scrub mine" relationship with Red Storm Entertainment, starting with Rainbow Six, which we all know WAS a great game, for its time.

The guy is a farking sell-out, that is, if he EVER had an honest day.

I can't wait 'til OFP2 w/ join-in-progress, just to see if Li C. Kuo will lick Marek Spanel's feet for forgiveness.

Unfortunately deviating off topic here... forgive me. =P

Yeah I figured that's what it was. Only I couldn't think of how to put it into so few words at the time. Heh. As far as I'm concerned all the staff reviewers there are pretty much sellouts. Just peddling the opiates of the very average and very unsophisticated consumer.

I'll bet they were surprised to find out how excellent the game went on to be. Especially from an emerging development house with no titles that had be as yet released. The way they handled mail from bewildered readers talking about how cool Ofp was also responded to in a very immature and nonsensical matter.

Man that really sucks mad_o.gif

Luckily its the opposite here in sweden! As far as i can remember they really liked ofp and had all kinds of positive previews and stuff and thats how i first found out about ofp.

Now they've promised to report as much info as they can about Ofp2  smile_o.gif

we had some really amature previews here in estonia... these non-sense 'i-haven't-even-played-the-game-but-saw-the-screens' previews were first cool, when i hadn't played the game, but now i'm a big fan of it... and these previews relly piss me off... they sayed about this: "Very modern graphics engine, this is all so cool, u can even sit in the backseat of the car"....

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Uziyahu--IDF @ June 15 2003,15:17)

Quote (Batukhan @ June 14 2003,13:35)

There was a "fan" like you back when OFP1 was in development, always pretending to have some authority to be telling us what was impossible. I think Eric something was his name.

You remind me of that RedStorm wh0re at PC Gamer, Li C. Kuo. In his preview of OFP, he acted like the game was an impossibility that wouldn't work, but when it DID work he didn't even bother to eat his hat! Instead, he tried to nit-pick about the little things that were not up to his standards while heaping praise on that piece of shi'ite game, "Ghost Recon".

hehe yea.. look here it is.

That weasel...

i read it and it was.... TERRIBLE.. insulting and amature. and please, if u get angry at me, do ANYTHING to me, but PLEASE, don't call me like HIM! :P

You should read how he talked up Ghost Recon in some of the same issues. It'll make you heave your lunch.

oh i read about Ghost Recon allright... :P my favorite sentance was "FIFTEEN MISSIONS AND YOU'LL NEVER GET BORED" :P

How can anyone love that game as clumsy and ugly as it was? It was a boring shooter, the storyline was lackluster as best not to mention the enemy was as smart as a sack of rotting potatoes and the levels were about as big as a cardboard box, hell you didnt even see your gun in first person!

On to the ragdoll, there could be an option to have either that or basic animations just so those with higher end systems could use the ragdoll or vice-versa.

I agree on Tresspasser, I also loved the hand wrist system, but I dont think a woman with arms like hers could handle a 12 guage shotgun with one hand  wink_o.gif

Well thats my ranty 2 cents.

I think we need ability to drop the flag, and also a vehicle, which is able to flip tanks, and other vehicles, and can repair them as well... also the human mechanic should be able to repair minor problems on the vehicles (like engine problems, change a tire, change some damaged caterpillar-track, etc).

CU!

Go play some repetitive circlestrafe festival where you dance around your opponent for 10 seconds filling one another with 10 metric tons of lead.

Baphomet,

I love that sentence, It is so true...You wouldnt mind if that went in my sig would you? wink_o.gif