Sign in to follow this  
9mm

Game physics

I don't care the age too, but i don't think that ofp2 would be better with negative publicity.

I remember when "Barbarian" was released. There were moral ladies at every corner doing everything to stop the game. biggrin_o.gif

But portraitation of war legitimates the use of more gore.

Would you like to see Band of Brothers, with a "violence/gore off" mode. Wouldnt it destroy the whole thing?

While playing Jagged Alliance 2, I thought some of its features might be nice to have in OFP2.

The support for new/more equipement, e.g. different kinds of body armor (FLAK- vs. Kevlar-West, Helmet vs. Caps,...), on-the-fly (at least in the mission briefing) modding of weapons, e.g. attaching scopes, bipods or silencers (if the weapon supports it).

A kind of Stamina/Endurance feature beyond the short term breathing stuff, e.g. if you marched nonstop twice across the map in 50 hours, you would be tired, slower, less effective.

A more sophisticated health system. Medics in the field usually just fix you up, so that your status does not become worse. Later you have to see a real Butcher (Doctor), that can cure your wounds. Same applies for damaged vehicles.

For obvious reasons some of this implies the support for a different campaign system, more like a single loooooong mission, with phases of fighting and phases of recovery, rest and reorganisation.

Can't think anymore - heading off to the next beer garden...

Jumping we need to be abele to jump and swim.

And dpn't change the gore level. I won't be buying OFP 2 if the gore level changes simple because It takes to much to render it. I think that we have a balance right now beween realisum and lag. Please don't make the people models explode or crap like that because than all of the modlers would have to redo all of thier work and than instead of rendering outside faces you also need to render the inside faces. So more gore = LAG.

While playing Jagged Alliance 2, I thought some of its features might be nice to have in OFP2.

The support for new/more equipement, e.g. different kinds of body armor (FLAK- vs. Kevlar-West, Helmet vs. Caps,...), on-the-fly (at least in the mission briefing) modding of weapons, e.g. attaching scopes, bipods or silencers (if the weapon supports it).

A kind of Stamina/Endurance feature beyond the short term breathing stuff, e.g. if you marched nonstop twice across the map in 50 hours, you would be tired, slower, less effective.

A more sophisticated health system. Medics in the field usually just fix you up, so that your status does not become worse. Later you have to see a real Butcher (Doctor), that can cure your wounds. Same applies for damaged vehicles.

For obvious reasons some of this implies the support for a different campaign system, more like a single loooooong mission, with phases of fighting and phases of recovery, rest and reorganisation.

Can't think anymore - heading off to the next beer garden...

Ok would you want this in multiplay?

LAG and a multiplayer game would take forever this way.

As for the bipods they have been made already.

As for the flack vests look at BAS ranges and Delta unit's the have increased amor due to thier vests. This would be a night mare for just about every mod team. Now they would have to make all kinds of BPVs and differnt hats and stuff. It a novel idea but if you like a certian look or want several levels of armor just make your own models with all of these things made the way you wont the. I am just thinking of how hard this would be to patch and how this could possibly foul up some things for addon makers and mods. Though the mechanics would be a good idea a guy that carries a tool box around or a tool back pack and he could fix vehicles.

Ok would you want this in multiplay?

LAG and a multiplayer game would take forever this way.

As for the bipods they have been made already.

As for the flack vests look at BAS ranges and Delta unit's the have increased amor due to thier vests. This would be a night mare for just about every mod team. Now they would have to make all kinds of BPVs and differnt hats and stuff. It a novel idea but if you like a certian look or want several levels of armor just make your own models with all of these things made the way you wont the. I am just thinking of how hard this would be to patch and how this could possibly foul up some things for addon makers and mods. Though the mechanics would be a good idea a guy that carries a tool box around or a tool back pack and he could fix vehicles.

Well, the Jagged Alliance plot is difficult to put into MP (who would like to be disbanded by the squad leader wink_o.gif ), but generally, I would wish there were no features limited to a certain playing mode. Of course, it must be possible to save MP games for such missioins... It should be up to the mission designer, what is supported in his mission. You know, those CTIs/RTS can take forever as well...

About all the modelling stuff - no, I am a lazy ass and I will not do it on my own. And I did not say, it would be easy to implement biggrin_o.gif

But instead of having models of the complete weapon with all combinations of potential attachements, it would be good to have a model of the weapon with predefined link points, and models of equipement that can be attached to those links. Links and attachements would have special characteristics, so, that certain attachements can only be put on weapons with specific links, e.g. no pistols with M203 Launcher. (Isn't there already something like this with the rifle grenade/mortar?)

It would be good to have a kind of generic 'frame' on both sides (weapon and addon) for each link class, which would constrain the model dimensions, so that attachement and weapon would properly fit.

But why do I bother about the implementation - shall BIS sort this out, if they want to implement it biggrin_o.gif

This has partly with the gamephys to do;

BUT it would be Great with solid areas which could be destroyed like in RED FACTION 1 . Then you could blow off things with grenade (and holes to hide in in the ground).

ALSO A SPADE SYTEM WOULD BE GREAT (DIG HOLES IN THE GROUND) and throw away the earth abdn build fortifications manually.

When OFP2 Comes will almost everyone have a GeforceFX comp with 64 bit architecture. So I say stake for the FUTURE and not the past. Make the game so smooth so it balances performance with good PHYSICS and Graphics (THATS THE FUTURE OF GAMES).

I like the idea of more interaction with the environment. e.g digging in etc.

Currently a player feels they can only change what is around them by shooting it or blowing it up. To be able to change the environment with a shovel, or if you are laying in the bushe move the bushes aside a bit to give yourself a better view, it would greatly increase the player emersion in the environment.

The thing is how to do it? The way I think of it is the * key on the numpad releases your head, allows you to look around. Why not a similar thing that releases your left and right arms? while laying down you could gently shift aside the bushes with your left and right arms. You could also use this while kneeling to draw in the dirt make a plan etc.

Being able to push / pull objects aswell, you can tie this in with how you interact with other players. Dragging wounded to safety, 2 soldiers pushing their jeep into town to refuel smile_o.gif

Often you round around a corner straight into another player and there is no "impact" of the two bodies. Now the players themselves are supposed to be the most important element of the game, especially in multiplayer, however they have the most limited way to effect the environment, only with the gun. If you could knock a player on his ass and then shoot him your "player" becomes more physical, more real. You run around the corner, knock each other over first one to bring their gun up and get a shot off lives. biggrin_o.gif

My several questions about OFP2.

I am interested in the real working thermovision in OFP2. Can we wait it in the game, dear BIS boys?

Next: I would like to have special feature that would make OFP2 more realistic. So -> sometime, there could happen that soldier weapon would foul. It would just stop working for a moment. Soldier would have to "repair" his gun. It could depend on the environment where the soldier is. Deserts have sand. Sand and dust is bad for weapons, so it could happen more often. This really happens. See soldiers in Iraq. They have problems with their weapons and sand.

Also, there could be some kind of temperature feature. Also, it would depend on the environment. If you would be somewhere in the mountains, there would be cold weather, soldiers would have wors conditions for the fight (soldier hands could tremble -> bad aiming), etc...

If you would be somewhere in the mountains, there would be cold weather, soldiers would have wors conditions for the fight (soldier hands could tremble -> bad aiming), etc...

I like that idea. smile_o.gif

If you would be somewhere in the mountains, there would be cold weather, soldiers would have wors conditions for the fight (soldier hands could tremble -> bad aiming), etc...

I like that idea. smile_o.gif

I think it wouldn't be too difficult to make in the OFP2 and the game would get other realistic feature that would force us to think more about which way to choose for our soldiers.....

Also, there could be some kind of temperature feature. Also, it would depend on the environment. If you would be somewhere in the mountains, there would be cold weather, soldiers would have wors conditions for the fight (soldier hands could tremble -> bad aiming), etc...

Then Scottish soldiers/ mercenaries should get Irn Bru in their equipment to make them immune to the cold.

I dont know if it was brought here before, but what about foot trails? in snow, mud, sand etc.? i think its rather elementry... smile_o.gif

Besides, while i was in the army, one of the things i remember hating was to swich magazines under pressure and after running alot (or any heavy physical effort) - it's not easy, i gurantee you, so sometimes you unintentionally drop the new magazine or missing the right spot to place it into...

I guess that in the first game, this feature could've already been implemented, because everybody who ever played OFP remembers the player's heavy breathing and having trouble to aim good after a long run. i guess it should mean more in the next game, like i mentioned above. smile_o.gif

I dont know if it was brought here before, but what about foot trails? in snow, mud, sand etc.? i think its rather elementry... smile_o.gif

Besides, while i was in the army, one of the things i remember hating was to swich magazines under pressure and after running alot (or any heavy physical effort) - it's not easy, i gurantee you, so sometimes you unintentionally drop the new magazine or missing the right spot to place it into...

I guess that in the first game, this feature could've already been implemented, because everybody who ever played OFP remembers the player's heavy breathing and having trouble to aim good after a long run. i guess it should mean more in the next game, like i mentioned above. smile_o.gif

AS far as I know there is already foot trails anywhere you go ...

I've never noticed... rock.gif

Even though my graphic settings are maxed... (besides of viewing distance... makes the game unnessecerly jumpy)

Even though my graphic settings are maxed... (besides of viewing distance... makes the game unnessecerly jumpy)

Well Ive always had them maybe it depends on your benchmark ....

are you fully patched? they were introduced in one of the patches...cant remember which though sorry

I have GOTY, and ofcourse fully patched... i guess i just didnt pay attention to these details like i used to tounge_o.gif

But enough of foot trails - what about my other ideas (with the magazine etc.) ghostface.gif

... so sometimes you unintentionally drop the new magazine or missing the right spot to place it into...

I think it's a good idea, It should be based on experience though.