Sign in to follow this  
TaNK_Em

Animations

OFP animations are not the best (geting into a viechle etc) they should be fixed.

While I am not too concerned with the OFP animations, I agree that they could be better. It looks a little strange when soldiers stop a jeep then suddenly appear next to it ( or maybe soldiers in the Cold War had secret magical powers? )

Same with getting in. They almost climb on top of small vehicles (jeeps, bikes, etc).

And the gun clips should be removable. I have let the tiny graphic/animation bugs go, but I still say the OFP2 engine should be improved. Apart from some minor glitches, the game's as about as realistic as it's gonna get, especially with Resistance and all.

and mabye some animations connected to the group commands (of there will be any commands in ofp2)

like "Flank right" and he points to the right side.

"Get down!" he points his hand down a couple of times.

"Go go go". He stays back and swing his arms to 12 O'clock.

Yes more unscripted actions for offiers and medics. I would like to see realistic moving parts on a reloaded gun like in MoHAA. I would like to see different movements when shot like in MoHAA and the ability to rifle butt an enemey. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LaPoieto @ April 24 2003,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and the ability to rifle butt an enemey. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ever heard of strikefist and strikegun?

it makes u able to hit the enemy either with your hands or with your gun (only when you are empty of ammo)

try add this into a players init field:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

removeallweapons this; this addMagazine "StrikeGun"; this addWeapon "StrikeGun"

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ArchangelSKT @ April 24 2003,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- Be able to lean / peek<span id='postcolor'>

A must! Every "tactical shooter" has it - OFP2 should have it too!!

I hope for an ability to import newly created animations and the ability to "hot key" them, instead having to execute them only by script or action menu.

BIS needn't handle everything requested--not everyone will be satisfied anyway! so increased mod-ibility would be just plain sexy! tounge.gif

A crouch-run type movement would be welcomed too, like that of Vietcong. Where by you can crouch, and still run in a slower slumped over fashion without standing up in full view - the amount of times the AI has blown my head off when I've tried to move along a sandbag wall without having to crawl is un-countable.

Take it into concideration please wink.gif

ability to roll left/right while laying on ground (like americas army operations), and well all animations (jump, HITtheDIRT (from running jump forward to lie down), weapon reload, weapon jam&fix, ironsight, nade roll, bidpods use) to be MINIMALLY at AAO quality ...

another missing thing in actual games is ...

u have hill, in everygame u can lay only HEAD down or head up (prone), but just imagine, u are under 65degree hill (above river) and lay on stomach is stupid >>> i want ability to prop against hill ON NECK (lay on neck) !!! and fire from that position ... (animations)

i want ability to climb trees (huge ones) and be able to fire from there ... (animations)

i want jump (limited to be abused by heartbeat and fatigue and total height of equipment hold) (animations)

really hope for butt-end and hand/leg attacks smile.gif (animations)

ability to choke enemy (animations smile.gif

i'm sure i forgot something smile.gif ...

maybe sophisticated demands but if they become part of OFP2 then it sets quality standards for all other games.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (andersgrim @ April 24 2003,21:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LaPoieto @ April 24 2003,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and the ability to rifle butt an enemey. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

it makes u able to hit the enemy either with your hands or with your gun (only when you are empty of ammo)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

All it does is crash OFP.

Not America's Army, it's a bit crap.

Just keep all your timings for standing up but have variations, some soldiers might get up on their left knee instead of their right .

Change the running, look at videos and see how they do it, it might be posed but it's still better than trying to use your rifle to pole vault.

The motion capture in OFP sucks. It's the worst I've ever seen. This sure need to be redone from the ground up.

-Horrido

Indeed, the running animationshould be better, I'd say make it a combination of GR and the current OFP (or something better).

And don't forget to make an animation for airborne operations, a jump out of the plane one. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LaPoieto @ 25 April 2003,06:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (andersgrim @ April 24 2003,21:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LaPoieto @ April 24 2003,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and the ability to rifle butt an enemey. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

All it does is crash OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

Its strokegun and strokefist i think.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 26 April 2003,02:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not America's Army, it's a bit crap.

Just keep all your timings for standing up but have variations, some soldiers might get up on their left knee instead of their right .

Change the running, look at videos and see how they do it, it might be posed but it's still better than trying to use your rifle to pole vault.<span id='postcolor'>

well just say in what way it is crap ... and u sure speak about v1.6 and above?

AA is a good game but:

a) it's not finished, it will be developed for at least some time wink.gif

b) it's not supposed to be like OFP, actually several maps could be straight from any R6 game biggrin.gif

I don't care much about soldier animations, I want the ability to make custom VEHICLE animations. This would be a boon to all the mods which are sure to rise from OFP2, especially the scifi type ones. And it would also allow us to do some other interesting things with it.

I want more animations like the following (to make the game more lively):

- smoking a cigarette

- drinking from a canteen

- sleeping

- carrying a wounded

- playing a card game

- carrying an ammobox (or something else)

- using a radio

- taking off helmet and wipe off sweat

- chewing a bubblegum (and kick ass tounge.gif)

- eating

- relieving himself (like in Hitman) crazy.gif

One thing that is'n't really important but it has irritated me for a while is that you hold your gun in a strange possition, (against you bicep) if it is held like that you will probbibly get really hurt, it is supposed to be held against you shoulder... wink.gif

All OFP animations were a little "rough". The salute animation looks a little handicapped and when using the binoculars it looks like drinking from a bottle. crazy.gif

I'd like to see a skeletal system compatible to milkshape that we can make our own custom animations.

I'd like to see a new movement control implemented, let's call it stretch and duck.

I guess we all know the problem, when we are inside a house or behind a sandbag barricade and you shoot into the obstacle in front of you. You don't have the chance to stretch a little bit to get your weapon to point over it (or to duck behind it a little more when you are shot at).

It would be nice to use eg. the mouse wheel to move ~10cm up or down.

It would be nice to be able to climb up a wall or object just the way it happens in the game called Splinter Cell.

He puts the gun on his back and climbs up a wall or object.

Let's talk about how the medic's healing animation is so quick and its the same animation for every kind of wound. The animation should be different for every kind of wound on the body and therefore should take a longer time. I'm talking pulling out the stuff, putting in the needle, etc. I want that part to go into detail so that a "carry your buddy" animation could be put to use as well. That way when our friends get hurt in multiplayer games we could carry them off with the medic providing cover fire or something or other and while we find a nice open house to set up camp in the medic could be going through his long healing animation. If BIS could nail that I'd definitely buy ofp2. I also want to see food play a major part in the game. I also want the ability to carry an ammobox and other things too.