Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Will you buy ofp 2?

i will pre order at least one OFP2, perhaps even 2 of them (mapping)

Before OFP2 comes out, I will have upgraded my PC to to play it with no glitches.

I will go about getting OFP2 the same way I did OFP, wait for a demo, play it, love it, buy the game. tounge.gif Reviews don't mean squat all with me, they are good for letting people know what's in the game, but as far as opinions go.......... well, didn't PC gamer give better reviews to Ghost Recon? crazy.gif

Tyler

I was lazy about making stuff for OFP because so many else did.. but OFP 2 seems to be located in -nam, so this time I will have to grab myself in the neck and start making more familar scenario's without jungle landscape.

I am willing to do it, anyway, as long as OFP 2 will be at least as high-quallity as OFP 1985. Am slightly concerned about how the new terraing engine will look from the air, though. MSFS comes to mind..

hehe, I will and i Must buy a new computer only for OFP 2 =)), so, i will not cost 1500 KÄ, but 40 000 K Ä with computer

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ April 05 2003,19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Someone from Illusion Softworks? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I've always wondered what they think of each other. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Speaking of Codemasters, has anyone played "Prisoner of War" i am thinking of picking it up. <span id='postcolor'>

I was thinking of buying it too.... anybody who has it, is it good? I hope so coz I want to buy it!

And hell yeah, I am buying it right when it gets released. Go BIS! biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Who Voted BIS sucks?!

(wonder why I made that option?)

I think it was placebo itself!!!!!

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BergHoff @ April 19 2003,07:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it was placebo itself!!!!!

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

itself? Am I not a person *sniff*

IIRC I voted yes smile.gif

Il buy it if it has uptodate hardware and in game join, otherwise ofp covers all my co op needs. Im more interested in playing with the latest toys than retro stuff and jungle warfare really doesnt suit computer games imo.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BergHoff @ April 19 2003,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif

Who Voted BIS sucks?!

No, it was Tom Clancy tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ April 21 2003,02:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BergHoff @ April 19 2003,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif

Who Voted BIS sucks?!

No, it was Tom Clancy   tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm with you Winters. I bet it was Tom Clancy. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (@WAR @ April 20 2003,15:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Il buy it if it has uptodate hardware and in game join, otherwise ofp covers all my co op needs. Im more interested in playing with the latest toys than retro stuff and jungle warfare really doesnt suit computer games imo.<span id='postcolor'>

Whats so wrong with jungle warfare?, opf does a very good job in that area, realistic movement, weapon handling, navigation through compass, sun or stars. Vehicals are just a bonus the way i see it, oh and will buy opf the moment i see it smile.gif .

I will definitely get OFP2! And if the system reqs. are too high I will just have to upgrade my bloody comp! Anyone who has stuck with OFP for this long will surely agree with me. It's simply a must! OFP2 will surely rock. And will it be called 'Between the Lines' or not?

And BIS, please, please, please release the editing tools sooner this time! That is if we can't use the existing ones...

I'm happy I got my Radeon, so BIS, make it as high res as possible biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure someone who took the time to find a forum that mostly just OFP fans use and said 'BIS SUCKS' is probably someone who's just looking for attention.

As far as OFP2? I watched OFP be developed over the course of 2 years, watching the movies be released one by one, seeing entising pieces, getting the demo before release, then ordering the UK version so I could have it before the US version was released. OFP and OFP-R have yet to disappoint. In the myriad of common average games that copy something or another, OFP is a unique gem.

I hope Codemasters shoves plenty of dough and resources towards BIS to make OFP2 incredible.

MP

I voted not intrested as long it`s not sure if this will be a NAM thingy or not confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ShadowY @ April 25 2003,14:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I voted not intrested as long it`s not sure if this will be a NAM thingy or not  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You should get it anyway, just for all the addons and the updated engine.

Indeed,the main reason why I play ofp is because of the addons, no offense but I just got bored of 1985-era equipment.

And hell yeah I'm going to buy it, even if my pc sucks, I will get a better one sooner or later...  smile.gif

edit:

And the person who said bis sucks should be executed for high treason mad.gifmad.gifmad.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ April 25 2003,15:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ShadowY @ April 25 2003,14:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I voted not intrested as long it`s not sure if this will be a NAM thingy or not  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You should get it anyway, just for all the addons and the updated engine.<span id='postcolor'>

Only when it`s a cheap sale in the stores i`ll buy it tounge.gif

*refuses to play on american side in a (filty) lost war*

and my Max Payne (camo)Face doesn`t fit on a VC anyways.

I think I can speak for many Europeans, East and West that we want more European stuff.

For my part you can make a fictional war between Europe and the usa

Euro MBT`s, Euro choppers, more selection of soldiers under one FICTIONAL flag and camo,markings, signs ,decalls.

but plzzzzzzz NOT NAM!! biggrin.gif

Anyways do what you want I can wait a 5\6 months longer before I decide to buy that cheap sale at my local store smile.gif

OFP aint the only game I play and with great other games coming I dont have time to think about what I will be missing in those 6 months.

I bought CWC in September 2001 and I was not missing anything, except for the bugs in V1.0 and up biggrin.gif

After I finished OF all I could think was damn I can`t wait `till

OF 2 will come...It had almost all that I`ve dreamed in a Tactical shooter...But if OF 2 is gonna be in Vietnam it will change my opinion on BIS...Sure I`m gonna buy it but only for future mods and not for the campaign itself....

I'll buy it the day its released, BIS have never done anything to disappoint me and I trust that anything they decide to do with OFP2 will be well thought out and executed, so they're assured 30 notes from me biggrin.gif

I will most certainly be buying OFP2, if it's anything like the first. I hope my $79 AUD (or whatever they're going to make me pay for it) will allow the BIS guys to buy a nice bottle of scotch for their hard work smile.gif

I'll most likely up-grade by then and buy it. smile.gif

But I really hope they improve the flight simulation for the planes. I just love the A-10 and hope they keep it and improve it in OFP2. And I agree with a previous post; better terrian graphics from the air.

Also, why bring in old addons? Let's start over and have those experienced mod makers make new ones.. I'm sure they would want to (new projects).

I trust BIS and I'm sure it's going to be one kick azz game.