Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Operation flashpoint 2

what about a number 68? Its a last number.Does it means that OFP2 is gonna be in the year 1968? Vietnam?

And about a picture: its looks like an *X* and a *t*, *i*. What can it be?

I noticed this, when you choose channel ~65, your browser quickly gets an image from a czech site. I managed to take a screenshot of the url.

hit-url-ofp2.JPG

http://navrcholu.cz/ is a site featuring some sort of counter for websites, I think. (Looks like it on the url on the screenshot.)

All this says is that they have a counter that might register a hit when you put on channel 65.

I think we should pay attention to channel 50.

Maybe it is like OFP only maybe the islands are in Indonesia and China invades another 3 fake islands. Remember China is communist too.

Vietnam, China, Indonesia!?!?

I think a lot of people around here don´t understand BIS too well. BIS is a Czech company, and what was their last game like? A small country, Nogova, is invaded by the evil Soviet union and is basically left to fend for itself and forms a resistance movement. Also, Nogova seems distinctly Czech (petrovice, velka ves etc.). Not saying that they can´t do anything that isn´t related to Europe or the Czech Republic,

but specifically, WHY would they want to do a Vietnam

game!? The U.S isn´t the ONLY country that has ever gone to war!

In OFP, NATO (read:U.S) was the only power that could defeat the evil Soviet Union that the Czechs hate(d) so much. Let the Americans do their own games about their own conflicts, the Czechs could just as well do an "Afghanistan in the 80s" conflict. BIS Australia have a lot more to do with Asia, and they´re making a game where the ADF is involved in East Timor.

Anyway, all this is IMO and not in any way absolute truth tounge.gif

I wouldn´t want anyone to take this too seriously, just theories.

I´d much rather have a fictious conflict, everything is much more dynamic and neutral that way. But I´m sure BIS have made their mind up some time ago, so any speculation is useless.

When the brief thing at the bottom pops up with the czech website, it's not the onlything. Something else along the same frequency pops up for a slit second before it. Somebody capture that!!!

What channel?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ April 11 2003,04:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What channel?<span id='postcolor'>

You'd know if you had read my post on the previous page.

I agree with Gollum, there are more than enough US based games where they go in, do the fighting and go out, but OFP has been more than major based conflicts.

They have (for some part) been fictional smaller based conflicts that the rest of the world doesnt know about. This is better, because this way you wouldnt know the history and the outcome. Lets face it, who wants to be on the American side in the Vietnam war, a war which they loose no matter how excellently you do in your battles.

OFP and its future games Im sure will continue the line of smaller conflicts along little know parts of the world, as this leaves more scope for BIS imagination.

First of all what's about OFP2 site?Will a sequel be released?I'm asking because I aked 'em (the codemasters) and replied that they don't plan to release a sequel!

About war now,I would like to congratulate Iraqi people for their Resistance!Where's the American bodies they prommised us?Im a proud Greek(¸ëëçí) and I support our goverment so I'M AGAINST THE WAR FOR OIL(Operation Iraqi Liberation)!mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ripsaspis @ April 11 2003,14:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im a proud Greek(¸ëëçí) and I support our goverment so I'M AGAINST THE WAR FOR OIL<span id='postcolor'>

Relax. As soon as the people of Greece reclaim their government, your olive groves will be returned to you. tounge.gif

LOL this really has me intrigued now, on channel 50 you get the flashing......so is that a clue? to a year? like 1950 perhaps? Maybe it is about the Korean War? The TV set is certainly styled like a 1950's TV tounge.gif

I'm not really sure how the Korean War would be much better...It was (mainly) Americans, who eventually 'lose' no matter how excellently you fight...

OFP suits Vietnam, the helicopters used there are one of the things ofp does best, there are not many huge battles with thousands of troops among thousands of houses meaning the game would be much easier on the system, also OFP is not good with CQB which dominates modern conflicts, go much earlier in time than the vietnam war and its going to be too much walking, which can really get boring in ofp, go too far forward from vietnam and you have easily winnable situations, and, Vietnam is the new WW2 in the games industry, so why not cash in on it?

Well I hope BI have more originality to them, than 'cashing in' on the Vietnam and WW2 bug thats going about at the moment with other games.

So I think the Korean War would be rather original and as we are talking about OFP2 I would expect some improvements in the game engine, and some new ideas, so in any style of gameplay we could expect better performance.

Whatever it is, we should expect some sort of American/Western conflict, otherwise it wont sell in the States, and thats where the market is.

Its like with OFP now, we got a game set in the 80's, but most user made addons are of modern day stuff. BIS can make us a fantastic game from any era, but we will always want to mod it. Its about progression, and I hope they can push the boundries further, and be original.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ April 09 2003,14:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avonlady said in this closed thread that the new Codemasters Command Center Newsletter read

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(P.S. Be sure to look out for any potential Flashpoint news next week. ;-) Check out the Code M Newsletter for more info).<span id='postcolor'>

Will BIS update their flashpoint2.com site with information? Or what else is coming up next week? I can't wait for next Code M Newsletter.<span id='postcolor'>

So did you like my newsletter??? wink.gif

If any others would like to receive regular updates on action games, rumours, screens, then feel free to sign up to Code M.

Hi by the way smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (miker_CLO @ April 11 2003,17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ April 09 2003,14:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avonlady said in this closed thread that the new Codemasters Command Center Newsletter read

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(P.S. Be sure to look out for any potential Flashpoint news next week. ;-) Check out the Code M Newsletter for more info).<span id='postcolor'>

Will BIS update their flashpoint2.com site with information? Or what else is coming up next week? I can't wait for next Code M Newsletter.<span id='postcolor'>

So did you like my newsletter???  wink.gif

If any others would like to receive regular updates on action games, rumours, screens, then feel free to sign up to Code M.

Hi by the way smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

where do i do that?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZIKAN @ April 11 2003,17:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I hope BI have more originality to them, than 'cashing in' on the Vietnam and WW2 bug thats going about at the moment with other games.<span id='postcolor'>

Who cares? If they make a good vietnam game, the others are useless.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZIKAN @ April 11 2003,17:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whatever it is, we should expect some sort of American/Western  conflict, otherwise it wont sell in the States, and thats where the market is.

Its like with OFP now, we got a game set in the 80's, but most user made addons are of modern day stuff. BIS can make us a fantastic game from any era, but we will always want to mod it. Its about progression, and I hope they can push the boundries further, and be original.<span id='postcolor'>

You're very correct. I don't care a lot about what the story is, but I think U.S. will most likely be one side because of the reason you mentioned. I'm fine with that, I wouldn't really like to have a game with two sides being like South Africa and Urugay for example. Mods will be able to make units of South Africa anyway. So yes, I'd like US to be one of the sides.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (miker_CLO @ April 11 2003,17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So did you like my newsletter???  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, cool that you're here. The OFP part of your mail was interesting wink.gif Wanna get Code M letter soon smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (miker_CLO @ April 11 2003,10:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ April 09 2003,14:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avonlady said in this closed thread that the new Codemasters Command Center Newsletter read

So did you like my newsletter???  wink.gif

Hi by the way smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I liked your newsletter, I'm interested in that RTS game that was shown in it too.

Please stick to the theme of this thread, if you wish to discuss the code M newsletter perhaps while it has little information pertaining to Opf it would be best done in private smile.gif

A thing i dont like about this wave of ww2 games is that everyone plays the games, and then they think they know everything about world war II because they compare unrealistic games like battlefield 1942 to the real thing, they just dont understand. I to also hope that BI has a fictional plot to go on, but still a plot that is realistic and would actually happen.

that domain is registred for some Bohemia Interactive studio and leader of the studio is some unknow Marek Spanel... wink.gif