Sign in to follow this  
Vinsen

What would you like to see in ofp2

Maybe adding some better support for multi crew kills, maybe everyone except ppl in cargo gets credit for a kill to encourage multi crew mplayer? I dunno, maybe there is a way to do that now

I would *love* to see infantry and tanks fire at lowflying aircraft when they believe they have a chance of hitting. It's a little unrealistic at the moment being able to whore infantry and tanks from 20ft and not having them shoot back but as soon as you land they recognise you as a legitimate target and shoot back.

I would also like to see more AA soldiers or included in the above, RPG soldiers using their RPG/LAW launchers to fire at lowflying aircraft & helos.

It's pretty much a turkeyshoot at the moment as soon as you get in the air.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (//relic// @ Jan. 16 2003,14:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would *love* to see infantry and tanks fire at lowflying aircraft when they believe they have a chance of hitting.  It's a little unrealistic at the moment being able to whore infantry and tanks from 20ft and not having them shoot back but as soon as you land they recognise you as a legitimate target and shoot back.

I would also like to see more AA soldiers or included in the above, RPG soldiers using their RPG/LAW launchers to fire at lowflying aircraft & helos.  

It's pretty much a turkeyshoot at the moment as soon as you get in the air.<span id='postcolor'>

ever played with the nam pack? this happens to some extent in that, machinegunners will fire full auto at the helicopters, and RPG guys will shoots at the helos too, going slow and low is a very bad idea when playing

OFP is nearly perfect, but...

- walking in/ on vehicles

- shooting from vehicles

- 2nd weapon on vehicles (e.g. machinegun on tank-turret)

- trenches/ foxholes

- more realistic medic-system

- more userfriendly action menu (it takes to long in the heat of a firefight to choose a command)

- fire AT-weapons from prone position

- Object Destruction !!! - not only deforming (especially buildings)

- FASTER MOD-SUPPORT

... would be great to see in OFP2!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renegade @ Jan. 17 2003,13:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP is nearly perfect, but...

- walking in/ on vehicles

- shooting from vehicles

- 2nd weapon on vehicles (e.g. machinegun on tank-turret)

- trenches/ foxholes

- more realistic medic-system

- more userfriendly action menu (it takes to long in the heat of a firefight to choose a command)

- fire AT-weapons from prone position

- Object Destruction !!! - not only deforming (especially buildings)

- FASTER MOD-SUPPORT

... would be great to see in OFP2!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

I agree with most of these, except the prone AT launcher. If i remember correctly the projectile has backwash when its fired. I don't know if they put this in OFP, but it makes sense that they fire it from the kneeling position.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blakord @ Jan. 23 2003,00:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Underground trenches<span id='postcolor'>

I believe those are called tunnels? biggrin.gif

I think that is never write but 34 pages is very long to read.

then, the one of most important thing is that OFP 2 have the ascendant compatibility.

it will be great if mods, addons, islands and missions can be use with ofp2. It will be very bad to lose all that, isn't it ?

"Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!" Homer Simpson

Sorry couldnt resist tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

Hovmand, I'm not full of self importance, I'm just Simpson's fan, then felicitation for doing the relation between Homer and Maxpower.

Also, I don't understand all what you say because i'm french

bye

Sorry if you misunderstood, its just the lyrics for the part where he sings the max power song smile.gif

I'd like to see the ability to litterally 'ride' on vehicles you are standing on, I simply love that touch, it had so much importance in CE and BF. Imagine sitting on the rear of a T80 and doing drive-by's on your enemy.

More animations. Boarding vehicles is a major part of OFP so it could need a better animation.

Maybe animations connected to the orders so when you order the soldiers to stop the leader will do the stop sign with his hand.

Dynamic inviroment. Trees that moves in the wind.

Lights in the houses that could be turned on and off (would look cool in the dark). The light houses should be on during the night.

Burning houses and vehicles with sound of fire would add alot to the feeling.

The water should be improved (maybe several more or less transparent textures so the deeper it is the more layers you'll have too see throu).

That would be a simple solution to see the bottom of the river at shallow places.

The shadows could be more blured.

I really hope and believe that BIS will have more money developing OFP2 so it will be more finished when they release it.

Most of the improvements I'll like to see are no problem to do. It's all about spending more hours polishing the game.

Maybe BIS should pay a visit to their czech colleges at Illusion softworks. Mafia has a great atmosphere.

I really like the reflecting surfaces among other things.

This was about the visual parts of the game. I'll try to come up with some ideas about the other parts later.

It would be nice if the copilot in a helicopter could also fly. The pilot could have an option to give control of the aircraft to his copilot. And if the pilot was killed, the copilot could automatically have control of the aircraft.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (John_McClane @ Jan. 31 2003,06:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be nice if the copilot in a helicopter could also fly. The pilot could have an option to give control of the aircraft to his copilot. And if the pilot was killed, the copilot could automatically have control of the aircraft.<span id='postcolor'>

The choppers in this game dont have copliots, just gunners tounge.gif, unless u want the pilot to hop into pilots seat in mid air wow.gif

he was talking about wanting it for the next iteration of this game me thinks smile.gif

During the making of all the Nam pack heli's, the only way it seemed that something like this "might" have worked was to make a commander and driver positions in the heli, but when SelectThis tried it, it caused all sorts of headaches I was told.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The choppers in this game dont have copliots, just gunners, unless u want the pilot to hop into pilots seat in mid air<span id='postcolor'>

The next time you get in the OH-58 Kiowa, take a look at your gunner/copilot's seat. He has a cyclic, collective, and pedals. The AH-1 can also be piloted from the front in real life. The CH-47, UH-60, etc. all have the controls, you're just not allowed to get in those seats in OFP.

The UH-1C Hueys in the 2nd NAM pack are good examples as well. You already have the pilot and copilot/gunner positions available.

All that would have to be different would be that the player could mount the aircraft in those positions, like in the Kiowa, AH-1, and the Nam Pack UH-1C's.

tounge.gif

I would like to see more realistic iron sights in OFP 2.

The Iron Sights in Viet Cong are the closest to real life I have seen in a game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (John_McClane @ Jan. 31 2003,07:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The next time you get in the OH-58 Kiowa, take a look at your gunner/copilot's seat. He has a cyclic, collective, and pedals. The AH-1 can also be piloted from the front in real life. The CH-47, UH-60, etc. all have the controls, you're just not allowed to get in those seats in OFP.

The UH-1C Hueys in the 2nd NAM pack are good examples as well. You already have the pilot and copilot/gunner positions available.

All that would have to be different would be that the player could mount the aircraft in those positions, like in the Kiowa, AH-1, and the Nam Pack UH-1C's.

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You can mount those seats, but as cargo, and usually you need all the other spaces for cargo filled before you can fill the copilot seat.

Laying down in a chopper or sitting on the edge to snipe as it flies.

Really really good sounds.

Ability to shoot somewhat accurately while running.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can mount those seats, but as cargo, and usually you need all the other spaces for cargo filled before you can fill the copilot seat.<span id='postcolor'>

That's the way it is in OFP, we're talking about things we'd like to see in a sequel. smile.gif

I would also like a better debriefing screen. Instead of just telling you how many people you killed, I think that more statistics should be shown specifically the amound of KIA and WIA from both sides.