Sign in to follow this  
NeZz_DK

Screenshot ripped out of the ofp2 flash file

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ April 25 2003,05:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The screenshot is fake!!!! Here's the proof (property of my friend seifer)

screen_fake.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, the creator fools us not biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ April 25 2003,22:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ April 25 2003,05:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The screenshot is fake!!!! Here's the proof (property of my friend seifer)

LOL, the creator fools us not biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

holy crap! its an ofp/human hybrid, run for your lives! wow.gifwow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Little Blue Assassin @ April 24 2003,11:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have three words for you.  Dream on.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm sure that's 2 words.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ April 26 2003,00:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Little Blue Assassin @ April 24 2003,11:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have three words for you.  Dream on.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm sure that's 2 words.<span id='postcolor'>

maybe he was hungry when he posted it, what he really ment was i have three words for you: Bacon Lettuce Tomato

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mrukas @ April 25 2003,22:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ April 25 2003,22:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ April 25 2003,05:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The screenshot is fake!!!! Here's the proof (property of my friend seifer)

LOL, the creator fools us not biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

holy crap! its an ofp/human hybrid, run for your lives! wow.gif  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hm... kinda like the IL SS w/ the 2 cobras over the ocean? That was a fake as well wasnt it?

BIS is probably laughing their asses off at how we fell for Vietnam rumours....... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ April 26 2003,02:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIS is probably laughing their asses off at how we fell for Vietnam rumours.......  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

They used shots of soldiers out of Vietnam in the OFP2 announcement on Codmasters' site, that's what started the rumors. That and the VTV... Vietnam TV as someone suggested.

If this new Balkans rumour turns out to be true, then it could be Voivodijna TV or however you spell it. Voivodijna being a province in Serbia, not any relation to the Canadian progressive metal band Voivod. wink.gif

I don't care anymore, I just hope it doesn't have bugs and looks better than S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Well... unless ofcourse it turns out to be a WW1 game where you sit in a trench for two hours with rats gnawing away at your rotting feet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ April 25 2003,05:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The screenshot is fake!!!! Here's the proof (property of my friend seifer)

oooooo wow.gif the plot thickens!

I some how got in that mirc program and made it to the flaspoint 2 channel where i asked Mike_clo from CM why CM had a Nam picture. He said they brought it, probably just because it was a cool looking image.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 26 April 2003,10:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I some how got in that mirc program and made it to the flaspoint 2 channel where i asked Mike_clo from CM why CM had a Nam picture. He said they brought it, probably just because it was a cool looking image.<span id='postcolor'>

You're sure that it was a real CM employee you were talking to? wink.gif

Maybe it won't be Vietnam but Korea? wow.gifcrazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ 26 April 2003,18:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 26 April 2003,10:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I some how got in that mirc program and made it to the flaspoint 2 channel where i asked Mike_clo from CM why CM had a Nam picture. He said they brought it, probably just because it was a cool looking image.<span id='postcolor'>

You're sure that it was a real CM employee you were talking to? wink.gif

Maybe it won't be Vietnam but Korea? wow.gif  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well he is apparently the "Community Liaison Officer" for CM and he was´nt 100% sure when i asked him.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CAVE]guerilla @ 27 April 2003,17:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I found the original Photo of the OFP2 Cover -

Check: www.vietnampix.com<span id='postcolor'>

face2a.jpg

Good site. Thanks.

by the way, he's smoking Malboro i think:

Original Text from this image:

Marines on a combat-reconnaissance mission crouch down as they move through low foliage in the Demilitarized Zone in February 1968. They have just been attacked by a group of Viet Cong and are waiting for medical assistance and re-inforcements.

So they allrdy use a camper for their cover, lol. I think they would'nt use a vietnam image on their cover, if it was'nt a Vietnam Game. So it will be one and that for sure. And please stop moaning and bitching about the Fact, that it plays in the bloody Vietcong. I don't think that it will be like any other Vietnam Game because it is one of BIS creations and it can play whereever it wants to. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CAVE]guerilla @ 27 April 2003,18:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and you write it down like i did. Are you my missing sister from Australia confused.gif lol<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry but I don't miss you. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">by the way, he's smoking Malboro i think:<span id='postcolor'>

So you saying we should get a marlboro in ofp2 with a option to smoke marlboro while on patrol biggrin.gif

Oh my god...sponsoring in computer games... That would be aweful. What's next then? A 30 second message like: "This missions is sponsored by heckler&koch in cooperation with Pepsi!" ?

Personally, I think that the 20 seconds clan advertisement in the beginning of certain maps like Battlefield1985 are overkill already. Ah well, if they need it to boost their ego.... crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ 28 April 2003,19:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh my god...sponsoring in computer games... That would be aweful. What's next then? A 30 second message like: "This missions is sponsored by heckler&koch in cooperation with Pepsi!" ?<span id='postcolor'>

Mountain Dew might be a more appropriate beverage.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 27 April 2003,17:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CAVE]guerilla @ 27 April 2003,18:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and you write it down like i did. Are you my missing sister from Australia confused.gif lol<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry but I don't miss you. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ups, it was a Quote of mine text, sorry for interrupt ya

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ 24 April 2003,22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The screenshot is fake!!!! Here's the proof (property of my friend seifer)

I don't see anything... confused.gif

withstupid.gif

ok, Haunted's hallowed opinion time, seeing as Ive bothered to read all 5 pages of this in one sitting you better listen up tounge.gif

Picture, man has to be a real guy and implemented into an OFP landscape, as the muzle flash looks too "symetrical" for me, also, notice the lack of the belt for his rounds, the wall does seem unnatural.

I cant see BIS using a pic from vietpix.com or whatever as a ploy to distract us, after all, fooling its community is one thing, and we can take a joke, but fooling the who gaming industry??

Lastly, it would be a lot harder to create the vietname setting if BIS decide to keep the freedom of OFP (Which Im sure they will) what with the dense jungles of vietnam simply spanning hundred of miles, to the town and villages all around it, but good luck to them, if they can pull it off well, it will be the best game ever, think about it, you just survived an ambush, and have been able to push the VC back, you reach a clearing, when yet another ambush hits you from a bombed out town with you and your squad avoiding both standard and sniper fire... Would be bloody hard to create, but I wanna play it...

Do any of you work in the marketing or design field? You don't purchase or use images in "real life" without having a reason to. If you really believe that they would purchase an image, use it in marketing an upcoming possibly million copy seller, then honestly think that the image used has no bearing on what the upcoming product will be, then you really need to take a reality check. Purchasing rights protected images is not cheap. I do it every day. You do not pick images at random or just because they are "cool". You have a concept and you stick with it. There have been meetings, conference calls, memos, business plans, marketing plans, you name it. All in the process of gearing up for this game. Why do you think OFP NAM went offline? It was being made by BI Australia. Coincidence? Not likely.

I still cannot believe how some people can really think that OFP2 will have nothing to do with Vietnam or that a Nam image was used yet the game won't at least partially have a Vietnam setting. BI and CM would not let anything out the door publicly that hasn't been approved by at least 3 levels of management. Jeez... c'mon people this isn't a high school age mod team here.