Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Damage

Can jeep class fire tank rounds?

I was wondering whether a HEAT round can be fired from a jeepclass vehicle?

Guest BratZ

Yes any weapon can fire basically any round,just cant put a missile proxy on a rotating turret

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BratZ @ 25 April 2003,20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes any weapon can fire basically any round,just cant put a missile proxy on a rotating turret<span id='postcolor'>

Just to correct here; you can have proxys on a moving turret if you use the SetObjectTexture trick, see Col. Klinks tutorial on how to pull that off.

BRSSEB

From my own experiments, i doubt so, but then i am not an expert. Tried several times to squeeze a shell outta an JeepMg class but cant. Only way to simulate it is to use Explosive Bullets.  Couldnt even get a missile outta it too. Only APC class and above seem to be able to fire shell and missiles. Never tried the 'sections inherit' before, perhaps it might work?

Notice also that the config turret for jeep class is config Turret. But for tank class shells and missiles it seems it uses the TurretBase config. As jeepMG is actually a hybrid of the car class ( no turrets), it seems BIS only gave Turret hardwired into its JeepMg and not the TurretBase for shells and missiles. I could be wrong but the best way is to EXPERIMENT. Its self knowledge and empowerment to create anything u want. smile.gif

Didn't someone make a Hummer with a TOW launcher that, due to engine restrictions, fired like a cannon instead of a missile? I would have thought it entirely possible to simulate a recoilless rifle on a wheeled vehicle...but then again, I'm not much of an addon maker... tounge.gif

Well just make it like machine gun, take out the tracers, put more smoke to simulate the recoilles rifle firing and give right values to "bullets". That should do it.

Guest BratZ

ALL weapons in OFP are the same

Look at it this way:

A weapon is just shoots the ammo

The ammo can be anything thats defined in cfgammo

So you can shoot any ammo out of the basic weapon launcher

Basically what I am saying is this:

What is a weapon in OFP? There are no different types, they simulate shotrocket,shotmissile or bullet

All the weapons in ofp are same !!!!!! Its just a launcher,whatever ammo you define to come out of it is the type of weapon it is.You can have a 9 hit bullet or a 300 hit bullet,you can have it revolve or discharge shells,you can define the bullet shape and all,whether it locks or explodes.

You can call it a tank round or a bullet or missile even, ALL WEAPONS ARE SAME!!

Guest BratZ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brsseb @ 11 May 2003,20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BratZ @ 25 April 2003,20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes any weapon can fire basically any round,just cant put a missile proxy on a rotating turret<span id='postcolor'>

Just to correct here; you can have proxys on a moving turret if you use the SetObjectTexture trick, see Col. Klinks tutorial on how to pull that off.

BRSSEB<span id='postcolor'>

Just to correct here ...NO you cannot.That is still not a rotating proxy

ALL weapons in OFP are the same

Look at it this way:

A weapon is just shoots the ammo

The ammo can be anything thats defined in cfgammo

So you can shoot any ammo out of the basic weapon launcher

Basically what I am saying is this:

What is a weapon in OFP? There are no different types, they simulate shotrocket,shotmissile or bullet

All the weapons in ofp are same !!!!!! Its just a launcher,whatever ammo you define to come out of it is the type of weapon it is.You can have a 9 hit bullet or a 300 hit bullet,you can have it revolve or discharge shells,you can define the bullet shape and all,whether it locks or explodes.

You can call it a tank round or a bullet or missile even, ALL WEAPONS ARE SAME!!

Actually you are wrong, they are not all the same, it depends on which 'simulation=;' the ammo is defined with, only certain 'simulation=;'s can be used on certain vehicles.

The weapon does nothing at all apart from launch the round, the important information is in the ammo, you also forgot:

simulation=shotShell;

The only ammo simulation that can be used on car 'simulation' vehicles is shotBullet.

Guest BratZ

k so it dont have a missile trail and thrust and aproxy shape sitting there,you can still set the speed and damage and model shape and shoot a missile

Someone should develop a list of simulation characteristics