Sign in to follow this  
N.o.R.S.u

Half-life 2 is out (and CS:Source)

Lol that was great. I like the connection part rofl.gif

Offtopic: sigh wont be posting anymore for a while off to basic training banghead.gif

Hehe funny video. That door sound when another player is jamming it sounds too familiar biggrin_o.gif

And the goofy looking style everyone has when they move and ofcourse point your weapon at your mates rofl.gif

Guest The Cobra

BIG LOL!!! biggrin_o.gif

Really funny, specally when the hostage didn't get out, real nice impersonating of bad AI wink_o.gif

I give it 5 stars smile_o.gif

Individual threads of this nature really only serve to encourage an atmosphere or "spamminess", you're not here to have fun people!

Merging into the HL/CS thread (once I can find it) yay.gif

bumped with permission (although i soley hope this is deemed as appropiate)

Has anyone bought the Episode One expansion? I got it the other day, waited an age for steam to downloaded and sat down to begin what PC Gamer was a fun experience.

I loved the missions, although a few were very frustrating at times (especially as in a large part you have to use your inadequate torch's battery life to mark targets for alyx) - Many were quite novel, and the unraveling story line proved very interesting (new, unknown creatures with telepathic powers it seems - you dont do much more than see them twice, but it bodes for an interesting episode 2)

my only complaint was that i paid around Å15 for something that lasted me sunday afternoon - about 4/5 hours on normal difficulty, this was the major let down - i was hoping for maybe a few more chapters, but its got me hooked to download episode two once its done, as the story line certainly seems very very interesting (here's hoping for some new weapons this time)

Alyx proves quite useful and fun to work alongside, but there is litle use of Dog again... Alyx also comes out with a few rather random one liners, but I like the fact that she confeses to hating the jumping posionous head crabs (which i too have said too many times to count). She does become a tad annoying at stages, with what can only be an obvious sign of some deep seeded crush on you - really wanted to shoot her

tounge2.gif

I agree, Episode 1 was brilliant, but waay too short. I felt like I spent as long downloading the never-ending series of updates (must have taken at least 2-3 hours, and I have a 3MBPS connection). However, the game was much more challenging and really required you to use your head (like that place in the car park with the antlion hole, that took me ages to figure out what you had to do banghead.gifbanghead.gif ) Well, Im looking forward to Episode 2, I just hope its longer biggrin_o.gif

christ yes, that car park had me guessing for ages... fun little problem solves everywhere (although the room mined to shit, i just reloaded and threw a grenade down the air duct into the room tounge2.gif )

i hope episode 2 is longer as well, but the story has me hooked for sure

I hate ordering things from the Internet so I'm probably not going to get episode one; not to mention I've lost interest in the Half Life series(not the mods mind you; Dystopia still rocks my socks :P).

ordering it was fairly painless.... and the download was good till it reached 60/70% then it went painfully slow for some reason... still, worked first time and has me hooked for the next one

I hate ordering things from the Internet so I'm probably not going to get episode one

That episode is available in stores over here (199,- NOK).

I hate ordering things from the Internet so I'm probably not going to get episode one

That episode is available in stores over here (199,- NOK).

Or Å20/€30/$20-30

Played Ep1, it was okay, the lenght doesn't seem bad.. I'm slowly going though it, playing for 40-60 minutes at a time.. I could probably finish it in a day if I tried, but I don't want to.. The level design is amazing, theres a few stupid things, like the short battery life (Though when Alyx says something along the lines of "We'll need to get Klyner(?) to take a look at that battery, wont we..", it's obviously more to stop the player running around with the torch on all the time, t'is still annoying at times though tounge2.gif)

I'm not sure if I like the idea of Episodic content, hopefully only certain games will use it.. If every game suddenly uses it just because it's what's cool now, a lot of games will suffer (imagine Oblivion, you can only wander around the sewars untill a few months later they release the first little bit of ground etc..), but for HL2, I think it works.. Not that I wouldn't have prefered an entire game in a nice shiney box, like HL2, but I'd prefer "episodes" rather than waiting 2 more years to play it tounge2.gif

- Ben

Have you all seen the HL2: Episode 2, TF2, and Portal trailers?

Man, Valve is coming out with some great stuff. I'm glad that TF2 and Portal will be coming out with Episode 2 - I really felt that Episode 1 wasn't worth the $20.00 for such a short campaign.

I can't wait for Portal, it looks like a whole lot of fun. It appears that they have made an entire mod out of it where you just complete different challenges? Hopefully they'll release some more info soon.

As for TF2, it sure has changed, but it looks like it will be interesting...

TF2? (pardon the ignorance)

the trailers look fun, and i agree the portal stuff could deffinatly while away a few hours...

lets hope they up the length of EP2.

TF2? (pardon the ignorance)

Team Fortress 2, the duke nukem forever of mods. yay.gif

Yes, I recall reading a preview article about it in 1997 or 1998 and thinking "wow, this is pretty cool, hope it comes out soon." wink_o.gif