Sign in to follow this  
N.o.R.S.u

Half-life 2 is out (and CS:Source)

Damnit I can't get the console up  mad_o.gif

I have enabled console and tried -console too.

Keyboad -> advanced -> allow developers console

Then its the key to the left of 1.

Can't get the super grav gun to work in early levels tho, it appears none of the static objects have gravity  rock.gif

I have tried that and I have pressed every key on the keyboard.

Screw ~ mad_o.gif

hehe it aint ~ but `  tounge_o.gif

edit maybe this is a character map problem, can the key for console be changed in the keyboard options, or via a file?

add -console to your shortcut, just like -nomap in ofp.

Keyboad -> advanced -> allow developers console

Then its the key to the left of 1.

Can't get the super grav gun to work in early levels tho, it appears none of the static objects have gravity  rock.gif

I have tried that and I have pressed every key on the keyboard.

Screw ~ mad_o.gif

hehe it aint ~ but `  tounge_o.gif

edit maybe this is a character map problem, can the key for console be changed in the keyboard options, or via a file?

Hmmm, It said so

Quote[/b] ]Enable console (~)

I shall try re-installing HL2.

add -console to your shortcut, just like -nomap in ofp.

I have said I tried -console, but thx for the tip anyway wink_o.gif

I have done that too

As I said before: I have tried "Enable console" and I have tried -console on my shortcut

(Console comes up one time in the main menu when -console is made, but in-game codes dosen't work)

try

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">bind "\" "toggleconsole"

in config.cfg of hl2\cfg folder

u can also add in hl2\cfg folder a file called autoexec.cfg with this inside

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

sv_unlockedchapters "15"

sv_cheats "1"

con_enable "1"

Have you turned sv_cheats 1 on?

smile_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

No

Will that make the console to start when I press the console key?

HL2 has issues with international keyboard layouts, edit the \half-life 2\hl2\config.cfg and bind toggleconsole to the key you want.

try

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">bind "\" "toggleconsole"

in config.cfg of hl2\cfg folder

u can also add in hl2\cfg folder a file called autoexec.cfg with this inside

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

sv_unlockedchapters "15"

sv_cheats "1"

con_enable "1"

HL2 has issues with international keyboard layouts, edit the \half-life 2\hl2\config.cfg and bind toggleconsole to the key you want.

I'll try this tomorrow, I need to get some sleep now.

Night everyone, and thx! smile_o.gif

I'm playing on BD's server.

And I thoroughly pwn3d both of you! :P

de_dust20003.jpg

Yeah so what is the final score was 28-8, I know Blackdog was hacking! :P

I liked it when I used noclip and knifed you on that one art museum level...

I also enjoyed stabbing Hellfish in the face after leaping off a two story building into the water.

This whole knew instert-enemy thing has made the game 100% better! More enjoyable than OFP, even!

Disable AI, set up a house with barricades and settings, drop a couple Civvies in, put out a section of Combine outside, turn AI on and watch the carnage!

My opinion for HL2:

HL2 is a good in the graphic and the physical gameplay, but I think Hl1 has better enemy AI(Hl1's marine, black ops, assasin girl were way better) and level design(somehow i feel hl1 is more fun then hl2).   Hope there will be more expansion

to make hl2 better in the future.

I miss spy's back stab, medic's AIDS- love spreading kit, and Engineer's sentry gunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.  i want to play TFC: souce or TF2 so badly (i-i)  hope TF fans' dream will come ture one day smile_o.gif

Long time no see CuteQA.

I must agree, the lack of the assassin-style AI was a bit dissapointing, but I think the graphics make upfor it.

Sooooo. Anyone know of any good end user maps that have been made yet?

A friend bought it and I was trying it out at his place...

Eh. It's alright. The physics are definitely the gimmick that make the game worth playing. I haven't see any especially great feats of AI yet. Which is why I was wondering if there were any small maps that featured objects and houses with which to do some interesting CQB.

I found when I was being shot at in certain areas. It was really cool to be able to pick up a wooden pallet (the bullet proof kind =P) and use it as a bullet shield.

I haven't tried doing this yet but it sounds cool. Shooting a  flammable barrel and picking it up and tossing it over a guard rail or something down on some enemies. I'm going to try that I think.

I'm really glad that you can still modify parameters like locational damage and weapon damage and health.

Edit.

Wow, a whopping total of three single player maps to download at hl2files.com

It's funny. Halflife is just inundated with shitty SP maps and yet because Halflife 2 is so new. Pretty much any new singleplay content might be interesting to check out... no matter how shitty it is. So long as I can plonk down some badguys and have at it.

Sooooo. Anyone know of any good end user maps that have been made yet?

A friend bought it and I was trying it out at his place...

Eh. It's alright. The physics are definitely the gimmick that make the game worth playing. I haven't see any especially great feats of AI yet. Which is why I was wondering if there were any small maps that featured objects and houses with which to do some interesting CQB.

I found when I was being shot at in certain areas. It was really cool to be able to pick up a wooden pallet (the bullet proof kind =P) and use it as a bullet shield.

I haven't tried doing this yet but it sounds cool. Shooting a flammable barrel and picking it up and tossing it over a guard rail or something down on some enemies. I'm going to try that I think.

I'm really glad that you can still modify parameters like locational damage and weapon damage and health.

Edit.

Wow, a whopping total of three single player maps to download at hl2files.com

It's funny. Halflife is just inundated with shitty SP maps and yet because Halflife 2 is so new. Pretty much any new singleplay content might be interesting to check out... no matter how shitty it is. So long as I can plonk down some badguys and have at it.

Well if you block a door with objects like a dishwasher and such the AI will try to kick it, blow it up, get through the window. That's a cool function they got. smile_o.gif

I can't play it right now. However I was fiddling around with HL2 last night... we were messing around with the physics "cannon" which is really different from the one you saw in the halflife e3 demos... which kind of sucks. This physics cannon isn't nearly as fun.

Is the old physics gun still in the game. It looks like there's a cheat to enable it. Has anyone tried?