Sign in to follow this  
N.o.R.S.u

Half-life 2 is out (and CS:Source)

mad_o.gif

I HATE THAT STEAM PROGRAM. IT IS THE DUMBEST THING EVER.

making you patch it is damn irritating. especially when what the patch is fixing is not explained. i wanted to play it yesterday, and had to download a patch that took 45 minutes to download then install. if I have to do that every second day or whatever just so it makes it harder for someone to pirate, i dont think this game will be getting much use at all.

NOT HAPPY JAN.

You might want to switch it to offline mode. This way you will not have to hook up to the internet to play etc wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Best content delivery system there is, why wait for months to get a map fix or a big fix when it can be streamed to you when they fix it.

i can't be online all time while playing HLË›

i thought i just have to connect to steam when starting the game, but i have to stay online the wole time, thats really crap

No,

You only have to sign into Steam once forever, and thats it. You can play offline, but only if it's disconnected.

But otherwise, it will use the internet regardless to whether or not you want to. It's annoying, but I don't really have any complaints. Been using Steam for awhile.

In fact, if you don't want to connect to Steam anyways, turn off your modem and then play. Or, if you're on a home lan like I am, disconnect to wire or disable your wireless. Thats what I do.

mad_o.gif

I HATE THAT STEAM PROGRAM. IT IS THE DUMBEST THING EVER.

I read a review of HL2 where the reviewer said it was seemless. My game is nothing but seems.

Run forward for 4-5 minutes killing things, then you get a 'loading' screen which takes anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute, and then, on top of that, sometimes it downloads something from steam! this can take up to 2-3 minutes, seriously interupting game enjoyment.

and making you patch it is damn irritating as well. especially when what the patch is fixing is not explained. i wanted to play it yesterday, and had to download a patch that took 45 minutes to download then install. if I have to do that every second day or whatever just so it makes it harder for someone to pirate, i dont think this game will be getting much use at all.

NOT HAPPY JAN.

You dont have to update the game, there is an option not to update built into steam, alsow ith levels loading that is not steams fault also steam downloading patches should not affect your HL2 game.

Quote[/b] ]
Another thing is with the videos. I saw almost all of the videos, and I'm confused that I never saw the same scenes as in Striders, Traptown, Docks, Barricade, and that scene in some tunnel with Alyx and a tentacle. I think there's some multiple paths somewhere in the game.

They were just scripted for E3, some say would "faked" - this caused quite bit of discussion all over net when that stolen version of HL2 leaked out last year.

The tentacle was not included due to AI problems + gameplay isssues, Most of the videos where test beds for how the game was progressing ie the strider vid was a test for Strider AI and how it was implemented, the issues that you said about where over how much game content was actually in the game.

In the last 2 games we have seen G-man regulary and he is become famous. But who is he really?

Rumors on some forums says it is his father (!), others says it is himself many years forward.

He looks like a goverment man, like coming from X-files, but is he really that?

Will we find this out in HL3 or would the quest go on?

Anyone got a thought?

colossus

i dont know who he is but when he is near me he causes trouble. like in one level after big firefight he runs away...  wink_o.gif

he definetly works for government crazy_o.gif

I'd say the G-man is some alien from another world that's been watching over Earth, and simply shows up in a human form. Who else would be an "employer" wanting to hire him?

And he can't really work for the government, because in HL2 the government is the Combine, and he obviously doesn't work for the Combine.

In the last 2 games we have seen G-man regulary and he is become famous. But who is he really?

Rumors on some forums says it is his father (!), others says it is himself many years forward.

He looks like a goverment man, like coming from X-files, but is he really that?

Will we find this out in HL3 or would the quest go on?

Anyone got a thought?

He reminds me of the Cigarette smoking Man from X-files. I see him alot during HL2, its kinda creepy. Once he was on a Tv screen for a split second and then disapeared when he looked at me. The best thing about HL2 is it runs so smoothly. I am constantly getting more than 60 fps even though my system isnt "l33t h4x" like some peoples. (Athlon XP2600+, 9800 Pro 256mb, 1 Gig DDR400 ram) Right now I am on the "Follow Freeman!" part of the campaign and I am kinda stuck, but sofar this game has the most enjoyable campaign I have ever played.

PS: Whats wrong with Steam? I have absolutly no problems with it. Maybe it is not the steam but the computer's fault for buggy performance.

If you get the new Prima strategy guide, it has all kinds of little easter eggs (g-man spottings etc).

I love this game.

Yeah - I'd have to agree that the only thing missing is HL2DM... I'd love to whack Hellfish over the head with a crowbar and numerous other things multiple times.

If you get the new Prima strategy guide, it has all kinds of little easter eggs (g-man spottings etc).

I love this game.

Yeah - I'd have to agree that the only thing missing is HL2DM... Frenchman and I'd love to whack Hellfish over the head with a crowbar and numerous other things multiple times.

Fixed. blues.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I'm just about to assault the citadel and I haven't seen G-man at all.  rock.gif

you dont really see him but he has several small subtle appearances, IE near the start of the water boat level you can see him walking away on a ledge, or somewhere before the attack on the citadel you can see him walking away on the TV.. etc

Heheheh, reading those HL2 forums is a good laugh, those kids come up with the most far-fetched "theories". smile_o.gif

The 'father' rumour got started from a Ravenholm design sketch where there was a text over a walkway: "G-man? (=father?)"

It is OBVIOUSLY in reference to Father Grigori appearing as an alternative (as he does in the game), but some decided that the plot writers like to scribble random things about character's personalities on level design sketches and then release them. His father... tounge_o.gif

Besides the mentioned G-man spottings I saw him walk away on a monitor in Nova Prospekt.

I'm just about to assault the citadel and I haven't seen G-man at all.  rock.gif

I'm done with the game and I haven't seen him at all, besides the end and start.

You should accually see him in every level, so now I'm going to go through the game one more time to see if I find him.

I already missed him once

*Spoiler*

He is talking to the British guy on "Highway 17"

Well, so they say. I haven't seen it yet.

*Spoiler*

On one of the Combine outposts there is a binocular trained across the river. If you look though them and scan around you will see a man with a briefcase (Gman) and another man talking and I believe also shaking hands.

you dont really see him but he has several small subtle appearances, IE near the start of the water boat level you can see him walking away on a ledge, or somewhere before the attack on the citadel you can see him walking away on the TV.. etc

Theres also one (waterboat) where he is near the exit from those docks before you reach Black Mesa East. You know, the long drop.

I'll see if I can pull out a screen.

If anyone's done with the game, PM me. I need help!! sad_o.gif

If it involves whacking you with a crowbar or using the grav gun to throw a car at you, then I'll be glad to help out.

Anything else and you're out of luck.

im on the level after the buggy coastal drive, i entered prison, accompanied by my "mates" and killed all guards...now i seem to be stuck...can anyone help out?

Got to be more spesific, there is places in the prison which is almost like.

I love this game.

Yeah - I'd have to agree that the only thing missing is HL2DM... I'd love to whack Hellfish over the head with a crowbar and numerous other things multiple times.

yep I've seen him a couple of times.

Currently on the beech bit after shooting down the chopper (Where British guy is)

Brilllliant game biggrin_o.gif

I'm done with the game and I haven't seen him at all, besides the end and start.

You should accually see him in every level, so now I'm going to go through the game one more time to see if I find him.

I already missed him once

*Spoiler*

Be sure to check all monitors, I have seen him twice on a monitor. Once in the prison and one time before that, can't really remember were that was though.

Great game!

im on the level after the buggy coastal drive, i entered prison, accompanied by my "mates" and killed all guards...now i seem to be stuck...can anyone help out?

i8f you are in a prison, try to throw a grenade to a room near you..