Sign in to follow this  
CoolCarlos2002

Parachuting soldier invicible?

How come i can't kill soldiers that are parachuting i have to wait till they hit the dirt,

Is it for the geneva convention?

i remember in ofp 1.00 you could shoot the parachutes and they would smoke after

why no killing parachutist confused.gifcrazy.gif

smile.gif

Paratroopers aren't protected by any international law from being shot at, since they are regular combatants. Pilots who have ejected from disabled aircraft are protected, however.

Regardless, in OFP, you cannot hurt parachutists until they hit the ground. Unfortunately we'll have to live with this limitation for now.

You can't shoot them in OFP, they are invincible until there at the groud... but there is one weakness...

If you take a chopper or plane and run it's propeller/nose right into the guys head, he'll die. Other than that, ya just can't kill the buggers!

Nope it just flies right through it.

Would it be possible for somebody to make a new parachute. You could probably just replace the model in the data.pbo, and it may just be something like it having no fire geometry.

Damn enemy paratroopers on my mission , you really think i cant kill you ?

/me edit my mission and open paratrooper properties

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setdammage 1<span id='postcolor'>

Now ,victory is mine biggrin.gif

Actually, you can ram them with aircraft and it will kill the guy paradroping. (not the chute, but the soldier) and splash damage will kill him...... like say you hit a helo w/ a streala right as the soldier jumps out, it will kill him.

An explostion nearby will kill em. So say they jump out an A10 and at that moment its hit with a HEAT shell they'll die.

Guest BratZ

You cant shoot parcahutes anymore? Apparantly i havent tried lately but that sux, I like shooting them in BF1942 and/or ramming the plane into them.

I do remember that you shoot the parachute in OFP and it destroys, if it doesnt do this anymore it needs to be fixed.

Another option is you dont want to open the chute till you are near the ground so you wont be seen as easy,but they need to fix that too, I vote OFP2 has manual chutes and killable paratroopers!

I mange to kill 1 paratrooper once i had him flying into a flack script using laserguidedbombs but that took about 10 wow.gif and i only worked about 1/10 th of the time using OFP 1.91