Sign in to follow this  
The Corinthian

Parachute query

Hi

Im trying to make a scene in a mission where a player drives a motorbike off a cliff and then parachutes down safely. I have tried using a radio trigger to run a script which moves a parachute to the players position and then moves the player into the parachute as the driver but it isnt working.

My first attempt focussed on a modified version of the Real_HALO drop script so I could use the Deploy Chute option on the use menu but again this didnt work.

Im really new to scripting so I could do with a couple of pointers on the following please...

(a) If the player is already in a vehicle when the script is called do I first have to eject/unassign him from that vehicle before reassigning him to the recently moved parachute?

(b) How would I activate a script via the use menu instead of using a radio trigger?

© to make a player use a parachute do I just have to move him as driver into it?

Thanks

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Corinthian @ April 19 2003,11:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a) If the player is already in a vehicle when the script is called do I first have to eject/unassign him from that vehicle before reassigning him to the recently moved parachute?<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think you have to move/unassign frist. Anyone else?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(b) How would I activate a script via the use menu instead of using a radio trigger?<span id='postcolor'> something like this: Player addAction ["Para", "chute.sqs"];

chute.sqs would be your script.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">c) to make a player use a parachute do I just have to move him as driver into it?<span id='postcolor'> Yes, as far as I know.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 19 2003,17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Corinthian @ April 19 2003,11:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a) If the player is already in a vehicle when the script is called do I first have to eject/unassign him from that vehicle before reassigning him to the recently moved parachute?<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think you have to move/unassign frist.  Anyone else?<span id='postcolor'>

You don't need to unnasign him. But you must setpos or eject him out of the vehicle.