Sign in to follow this  
Vicious

Using new weapons

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the new weapon designations are, such as the styer Aug and Bison. Also how to be able to select different weapons in the breifing area.

Tks

Yeah, I need to know that too.

I have been looking for atleast 4 hours in forums after answers but I cant find any, just same question unanswered everywhere.

Question:

Why dont they give them easy names like the M60?:

M60: this addweaponcargo ["M60", 1]

M60 mag: this addmagazinecargo ["M60", 1]

The Steyr Aug for example could be:

This addweaponcargo ["Steyr", 1]

This addmagazinecargo ["Steyr", 1]

But instead the new weapons have crazy names that everyone is asking about right now, why why why ?

Vicious´s question of course is in more need of an answer :-D

Whoops, looks like those new weapons have config.bin instead of config.cpp. They seem to be encrypted, and unpack-sqm doesn't decrypt them.

Real Newbie question at this point: Are the commands (or variables btw) in the editor case senstitive. Every time someone answers a question they write the commands differrently: addweaponcargo, AddWeaponCargo, addWeaponCargo, etc... Does it make a differrence? Is the same true for variables? Or are variables case sensitive?

It's true that you won't find much help on this noticeboard by asking, but don't be put off by these 'Children'. Not everyone who posts and reads here is stuck up their own ass!

Designations are as follows;

Weapon                     Ammo

"Bizon"                       "BizonMag"

"Steyr"                       "SteyrMag"

"G36a"                       "G36aMag"

"XMS"                         "M4"

"Mm1"                        "Mm1Base"

"6g30"                       "6g30Base"

Have fun!

btw

Add the magazines first, then the weapon to the unit/vehicle or you will have to manually re-load the weapon.

Tried to surf for 'em but without any luck.   Various Noticeboards too for same result.

Ended up converting pbo files to different format and then carefully searched those.

A bit of trial and error and hey presto!

(Edited by DV Snake at 6:14 pm on Nov. 4, 2001)

Can U give me a list of the namer of the weapons like Maverick and stuff that is not meant for soldiers plz ? I cant find that kind of stuff just the other weapons, when I look at forums I just get cunfused cuz its alot of advanced stuff like custom addons and airstrike scripts and weird objects and stuff, plz help.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from InqWiper on 12:48 am on Nov. 6, 2001

Can U give me a list of the namer of the weapons like Maverick and stuff that is not meant for soldiers plz ? I cant find that kind of stuff just the other weapons, when I look at forums I just get cunfused cuz its alot of advanced stuff like custom addons and airstrike scripts and weird objects and stuff, plz help.<span id='postcolor'>

You can find out this kind of stuff at this URL. It's a pretty big reference site.

http://www.axleonline.com/cmdref.htm

Hope this helps.