Sign in to follow this  
Jimboh

Code blue

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dave8 @ April 18 2003,19:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I also support the US and British troops<span id='postcolor'>

Please send us some food, and toothpaste, we need toothpaste!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Landwarrior87 @ April 18 2003,20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">err.. The US Army has recruited all fat asses.. the faces i dunno.. something went wrong.. maybe you should change em back to the ones u were showing off at beta stages.. when ur about 10 feet away they appear to be tank crews... whats going on?? this was a beta release right?? the textures tend to vanish alot.. make them a little more skinny.

M16 sounds are good.. dont like the burst sound tho.. to echo'y and i cant hit $hit with those reticules. their too tight in close quarters.. if i press shift the enmy goes prone and gets me while im looking for him in my optic view.

nice units.. still<span id='postcolor'>

you can change the faces to your own...forgot the code, but you can definately change the faces with your own in the INIT field

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">err.. The US Army has recruited all fat asses.. the faces i dunno.. something went wrong.. maybe you should change em back to the ones u were showing off at beta stages.. when ur about 10 feet away they appear to be tank crews... whats going on?? this was a beta release right?? the textures tend to vanish alot.. make them a little more skinny.<span id='postcolor'>

M16 sounds are good.. dont like the burst sound tho.. to echo'y and i cant hit $hit with those reticules. their too tight in close quarters.. if i press shift the enmy goes prone and gets me while im looking for him in my optic view.

nice units.. still

you can change the faces to your own...forgot the code, but you can definately change the faces with your own in the INIT field<span id='postcolor'>

This setface "CB_FaceA" (I forget if you use the quotation marks or not)

Faces are:

CB_Face* Where * is = letters A-H

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">their too tight in close quarters<span id='postcolor'>

Most firefights in my campaign are going to be 200+ meters, so i'm using the 200+ meter rear iron sight.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">when ur about 10 feet away they appear to be tank crews... whats going on<span id='postcolor'>

LODs.... i'll make them more detailed

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this was a beta release right?? the textures tend to vanish alot.. <span id='postcolor'>

again.... LODs.... i'll improve them

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">make them a little more skinny.<span id='postcolor'>

The NBC suits make them look fat... if you want a pic of them, give me your e-mail, and i'll send you some pics

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway, the Interceptor is good body armor but I doubt anyone would still be standing and capable of fighting after getting shot 8 or 9 times. <span id='postcolor'>

lol we just fixed this... the guy will be laying down, but not dead after a few shots now... Wait for the update

Nice units, but aside from the other bugs people mentioned, PLEASE make the body armor like the BAS units.

Yes the interceptor vest can stop bullets...but here's the thing. ONLY the area protected by the ceramic plate insert will stop rifle rounds. The vest does not protect the arms and legs, nor it will stop rifle bullets from going through the side of the body armor or through the shoulder areas of the vest. These areas are only Level III body armor that will stop most pistol rounds but not rifle rounds.

The BAS Delta/Ranger units I think does the best job of giving a reasonable simulation of body armor without totally throwing off the balance of the game when putting them against enemy units. So again please if you can, make the body armor similar to the BAS units as overall I think this represents a more realistic simulation of the interceptor vests while still giving enemy units a chance.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

shadows are from the lower LODs... If you set the Shadow LOD higher in the flashpoint prefrences, the problem should go away...

after HUGE demand, i say: sure, let's lower the armor just a tad bit... the enemy we're making do take several hits as well though (to make firefights longer.... that's to similate taking cover)

ok... now 3 shots in the arm or leg will kill you

3 shots to the chest (not quickly repeated shots, but shots with at least a second and a half in-between them) will make you go into a "combat ineffective" mode... You have your ribs cracked, and you are serverly hurt... so you lay on the ground and scream... 2 more shots to the chest will kill you.

3 quick repeated shots to the chest will kill you... too much impact for you to handle.

1 shot in the head will kill you.

Your enemy:

same thing for arms and legs.

2 shots to the chest will make them go to a "combat ineffective mode" a third shot will kill them.

same thing for head.

That sound good? or want some things different?

Acidcrash: what game is that? (the screenshot in your signiture)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dave8 @ April 19 2003,03:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok... now 3 shots in the arm or leg will kill you

3 shots to the chest (not quickly repeated shots, but shots with at least a second and a half in-between them) will make you go into a "combat ineffective" mode... You have your ribs cracked, and you are serverly hurt... so you lay on the ground and scream... 2 more shots to the chest will kill you.

3 quick repeated shots to the chest will kill you... too much impact for you to handle.

1 shot in the head will kill you.

Your enemy:

same thing for arms and legs.

2 shots to the chest will make them go to a "combat ineffective mode" a third shot will kill them.

same thing for head.

That sound good? or want some things different?

Acidcrash: what game is that? (the screenshot in your signiture)<span id='postcolor'>

i think your levels of damage are good but only if the enemy has an equal one.. true because flashpoint battles dont last any time.. kinda sad for cqb battles their all over in 30 seconds. let me clear this thing up about the tank crews.. i didnt mean they turn into BIS Tank Crews literally.. they just look very skinny and the goggles make them look like tank crews.. im saying the Body armor and everything disappears.

I like these units, after the bug fixes about the poly's and the faces not looking so strecthed and set to BIS's default ones.. im gonna love this addon. Maybe you should ask SJB to use their M16 and M4 models... or perhaps join forces.. lol.. these BIS weapons not to appealing with these great units.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i think your levels of damage are good but only if the enemy has an equal one<span id='postcolor'>

lol they're about equal now

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im saying the Body armor and everything disappears<span id='postcolor'>

But that vest adds more polygons to the low detailed LODs... i will make the rest of the LODS have kneepads and etc... though...

as for using another person's model.... If we can, we'd be using inquisitor's model.... now thats some nice models

wow...I am getting really excited about this mod. The units models and some textures are really good. However,

1. all the body armor issues. what it combat ineffective mode though? How about a screenie?

2. weapons suck. weak sounds that echo funny, and the models aren't very good. Perhaps you could join up with earl. or Cheeky_Monkey? Cheeky_Monkey is making an accurate weapons pack, you should talk to him.

3. MARPAT isn't very good. Look at Suchey's marines to see what good MARPAT is. Also, 3-color desert BDU isn't very good.

4. Units seem a little bit too chubby but generally pretty good. But the height...they seem too short.

all in all, I'm looking forward to this mod more than any other except Nomad biggrin.gif because you guys are the first to make good-looking or potentially good-looking modern units. I can't wait to see what improvements you guys do.

BTW why not use Andraz's M24? It's awesome.

I really like these units a lot. Obviously there is the issues with the armor and faces, as discussed above, but otherwise they are sweet.

Couple of suggestions for the next release, could you

1. Have a soldier with a heavier AT missile, i.e the Javelin/dragon, one with maybe a SRAW and one with an AA missile;

2. Setup some pre configured squads; and

3. Have the soldiers without their body armor on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dave8 @ April 18 2003,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Oh, I don't think their armor should be able to withstand 25 bullets from a M16.. you might wanna do something about that. <span id='postcolor'>

yeah it can actually.... my friend in the army tried out the damn armor (intercepter body armor), and the thing only cracked at 8 shots.... no bullets went through at 20+ shots.... He said, however, that cracked ribs do occur, and more crap does happen to your body underneath that armor.... That's what kills you in the game..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> The M4 model was made in 5 minutes, the m16 too <span id='postcolor'>

tell that to BI (Bohemia Interactive) The m16 and M4 are theirs... i just made the forward sights a bit more realistic...

We will improve on the M249.... That M240 is just a crap version i put together in less then 5 mins. It will definately improve..... lol you guessed something right  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah i know but i ment your modification of the models was made in 5 minutes biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ April 19 2003,00:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Please send us some food, and toothpaste, we need toothpaste!<span id='postcolor'>

!

Are you one of the guys out there with a laptop? wow.gif

The model in which the face skin is put onto to really editted to much and it is realy evident because they make the model look really fat. I suggest keep the default model used by BIS for the face.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (thirtyg @ April 19 2003,11:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really like these units a lot. Obviously there is the issues with the armor and faces, as discussed above, but otherwise they are sweet.

1. Have a soldier with a heavier AT missile, i.e the Javelin/dragon, one with maybe a SRAW and one with an AA missile;

3. Have the soldiers without their body armor on.<span id='postcolor'>

It would be awesome to have a portable wire guided missile like the Dragon or the Javelin AT missile. For an EXCELLENT example of a wire guided missile addon for Operation Flashpoint, check out the Eryx (sp?) guided missile that's part of the Operation Frenchpoint mod. You can find it at:

http://ofrp.free.fr/en/dl/?mp=5&cat=mod

That missile is incredible. The scripting used in it would be perfect for a Dragon or Javelin missile as the missile does not lock on to a target like the standard guided missiles in OFP. Instead it follows where you have the sites aimed at just like real wire guided missiles such as the TOW, Milan, Spigot, Sagger, Dragon, Javelin, ect...

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Landwarrior87 @ April 19 2003,16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeh hooking up with INQ's weapons is a good idea.... matta of fact its a great one!<span id='postcolor'>

INQ's ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 19 2003,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Landwarrior87 @ April 19 2003,16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeh hooking up with INQ's weapons is a good idea.... matta of fact its a great one!<span id='postcolor'>

INQ's ?<span id='postcolor'>

Inquisitor's High Detail Weapons Pack

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 19 2003,08:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow...I am getting really excited about this mod. The units models and some textures are really good. However,

1. all the body armor issues. what it combat ineffective mode though? How about a screenie?

2. weapons suck. weak sounds that echo funny, and the models aren't very good. Perhaps you could join up with earl. or Cheeky_Monkey? Cheeky_Monkey is making an accurate weapons pack, you should talk to him.

3. MARPAT isn't very good. Look at Suchey's marines to see what good MARPAT is. Also, 3-color desert BDU isn't very good.

4. Units seem a little bit too chubby but generally pretty good. But the height...they seem too short.

all in all, I'm looking forward to this mod more than any other except Nomad biggrin.gif because you guys are the first to make good-looking or potentially good-looking modern units. I can't wait to see what improvements you guys do.

BTW why not use Andraz's M24? It's awesome.<span id='postcolor'>

1. Body armor isses fixed...combat ineffective can't really be shown...you'll just have to play it to see it... biggrin.gif

2. Yes we know...we just added the Muzzle Flash bangs and thats all we did...

3. ok

We have already asked him about this, I think we have permission...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (thirtyg @ April 19 2003,11:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really like these units a lot. Obviously there is the issues with the armor and faces, as discussed above, but otherwise they are sweet.

3. Have the soldiers without their body armor on.<span id='postcolor'>

1. Hey man, we can't make an entire addon in a single day crazy.gif

but the Javelin is in the works... biggrin.gif

2. Yep,, we will add groups in next release

3. That will take a while... wink.gif

sweet... Jimbo.. make sure you guys kinda work on the strecthy faces thing too. Any Screenshots of the enemy's? and what will be the origin of the enemy?

the "combat innefective script" is really good. I have three suggestions.

1. make a pool of blood under the soldier. have it steadily get bigger. Also, if you are injured too long you should die.

2. have the soldier stop turning to face you! If you're hurt that bad, you probably can't squirm around so much.

3. Make it happen earlier. After maybe three chest shots or one leg shot maybe. BTW, how many leg/arm shots are fatal in real life?

really looking forward to the final release. When are they going to get new weapons?

Well, you have a major artery in your leg so you can only take one hit in certain upper areas and then it's "game over".

I think the wounded effect is just great, I think that other mods should adapt this as well. Nice touch!

biggrin.gif

I dunno if it's just me but when I was trying to shoot some CB troops who were crawling around on the ground, they seem to be able to take about 5 shots before they stop moving?