Sign in to follow this  
Jinef

Bas mh-47e

Guest jacobaby

@ DKM Jag,

Aww c'mon, anybody who says they dont like the RAH 66 needs swinging from the highest tower.....

I especially like the things in the cockpit and how they are all animated etc....

I just dont know how to do all that stuff........

The kind of features I have gone for are things that should make it easier to interact with the helicopter.

Like it always annoyed me that there is no easy way to get the pilot to land, and things like that, so I have tried to make it more intuitive and easier to have the chopper as part of your team.

To be completely honest, this is the first real addon I have worked on. The talent went into making it and texturing it really. Before this I had very little idea of what was in a CPP file at all. I am very pleased with the result nevertheless, and like you guys, cant wait till it is released.

We are just ironing out some flaws and making sure it all works nicely etc, so it wont be long now.....

TJ

Guest jacobaby

For CuteQA

Screenshot212.jpg

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ April 20 2003,23:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For CuteQA

Screenshot212.jpg

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, Now CuteQA will sleep well! biggrin.gif

Guest jacobaby

Just some extra "unofficial" pix I snapped;

Screenshot237.jpg

Screenshot227.jpg

Screenshot225.jpg

Let him boss us around,? why of course, just post the pics of what you want and we will put them in.... Im just working on the Hyperdrive plamsa engine code........... biggrin.gif

TJ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ April 21 2003,00:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did you let Cute boss you around??? Can I do that? Plzzzz<span id='postcolor'>

Can i have a shot at what you would do??

RELEASE THE DAMN CHOPPER... Or something like that am i right? (No i didn't mean it like you boys have to release it now.)

I can't wait... And tell Tigershark that we wan't our pics natural... Not edited.... wink.gif

Well gentlemen.....as TJ explained...I am a master at Photoshop and I do claim this helo will make you all wanna have our babies. smile.gif

I may have edited that photo of the MH-47E....I may be overselling the chopper. wow.gif

Then again....maybe I didn't...maybe I'm not. wink.gif  But TJ is one of the main team members working on this bird. What do I know?crazy.gif I guess we are just going to have to wait patiently for release. Then the truth will known to all.

*Goes off to play with his fast roping MH47.....or maybe not*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well gentlemen.....as TJ explained...I am a master at Photoshop and I do claim this helo will make you all wanna have our babies.

I may have edited that photo of the MH-47E....I may be overselling the chopper.

Then again....maybe I didn't...maybe I'm not. But TJ is one of the main team members working on this bird. What do I know? I guess we are just going to have to wait patiently for release. Then the truth will known to all.

*Goes off to play with his fast roping MH47.....or maybe not*

<span id='postcolor'>

Arrrg crazy.gif Now I am confused! Could we have a list of ALL the current feutures and the ones that the chopper will have? PLZ...I know you all want one! It will make everyone very happy. Thanks! biggrin.gif

Aaaaaaah...Project Iraqi Information Minister a success tounge.gif

I doubt you'll see a full list of features before release. I believe TJ wants to keep any features a surprise. Not sure what features they are....but I could edit some more Photoshop images to show what we'd love to have in them?

Perhaps I could Photoshop cargo carrying abilities, slung loads under helo and even fast insertions and automatic helo extractions?

They would be really cool additions to our MH-47E.....one day.......dreams are free. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (coporal_punishment @ April 21 2003,02:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is BAS also looking to orelease a BAS island<span id='postcolor'>

Yes...Nagual has something in the works.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ April 20 2003,23:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For CuteQA

Screenshot212.jpg

well with bis official ch-47 you could land on water only the gears would go in the water but only the ramp wouldnt open

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ April 21 2003,01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For CuteQA

Screenshot212.jpg

I tried to do this with zodiac, but it is too big tounge.gif

Is that a swimming scrip!? crazy.gif

Also,the third mh47 pic is really nice!! look like real  wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tigershark_BAS @ April 21 2003,02:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Aaaaaaah...Project Iraqi Information Minister a success  tounge.gif

I doubt you'll see a full list of features before release. I believe TJ wants to keep any features a surprise. Not sure what features they are....but I could edit some more Photoshop images to show what we'd love to have in them?

Perhaps I could Photoshop cargo carrying abilities, slung loads under helo and even fast insertions and automatic helo extractions?

They would be really cool additions to our MH-47E.....one day.......dreams are free.   wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL Iraqi Information Minister! biggrin.gif

And i know its offtopic, but can we get something know about the island? "BAS_intro" tounge.gif

Guest jacobaby

" I deny we are even working on the MH47E! That impostor will crash at the gates of BAS ".

All the pix I took were on the official Islands. The middle one is Kolgujev. All at V high Res.

For the chopper in the water, the guy is in a prototype vehicle, but I didnt want to show it. The Zodiac addon will not play any part with the MH47, unless you can get out of the zodiac and INTO the seats in the MH47 before you drown...

I just wanted to copy CuteQA's pic biggrin.gif

Some of you will remember what happened last time a preview of the MH47 was released, it led to a lot of disappointment when the features "shown" couldnt be "used" so to speak, so I am keen for that not to happen this time...

In fact as I speak I am on my way to Tigersharks house to break his photoshop CD.........

Just a few textures and final testing........

TJ

I think a crashed version of the MH-47 helicopter would be cool so we can do those SAR (search and rescue) and BHD(black Hawk Down) style missions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (coporal_punishment @ April 21 2003,11:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think a crashed version of the MH-47 helicopter would be cool so we can do those SAR (search and rescue) and BHD(black Hawk Down) style missions.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah... But the realistic thing would if we only had a Blackhawk since it takes ALOT of fire power to shoot down a MH47 wink.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

Dont talk about BHD :| the OFP community is full of those mods, and most are falling apart as we speak. Wow, this forum moves fast  sad.gif

Urm...that third picture, the close up of the cabin... that looks hot!

BTW, if our commanche is so "perfect" then how come we had more "bug reports" for it than any other addon? I mean, [not trying to sound like blowing one's trumpet] it is full of stuff, but that exposes in a way, more of what we CANNOT do. For instance, we had the radar so that when you turn on jammer, you get ghost units. That wasnt a bug, but yet people complained about it and the fact you can see your own helicopter in the radar. That could not be fixed.

well, not to go offtopic: What period is the MH-47E from? I know some people are mixing you guys up for a **ahem** BHD mod, but AFAIK, it was not used in that conflict, so what conflict era is it from?

well, anyway... gotto go before i realise i just said "blowing one's trumpet" **cringe**

Guest jacobaby

@ DKM Jag...

We get them too....In fact some of the e-mails make us wanna pack up and say "do it yourself then!"

Most of the trouble comes from players not reading the readme. When I released the dust script I got a stack of e-mails...." It doesnt work......its not in my helicopter..where do i put it....."

I know it will be the same with the MH47E, as it does have a LONG readme so that people can understand the feature list. Also it contains some features that will only work in single player.

I cant speak for the other guys, but to date this helicopter has cost me many hundreds of pounds in HARD CASH, not to mention hundreds of hours. As a lot of the features have been experimental, they have needed repeated testing and tweaking over and over. That doesnt take into consideration the others involved in testing and retesting.

Also Deadmeat has been on call nearly every night to tweak aspects of the model as I have asked him.

We bought a scale model of the MH47 to make sure we had the thing correct.

My wife wants to divorce me because all I seem to do is play with helicopters...

All in all we have made HUGE sacrifices for this bird, and so I think it is the least players can do is to take 10 minutes and read the readme. In fact I may suggest to TS that we release the readme BEFORE the helicopter.

As to era, Afghanistan + current I would say, but I'm not the guy to ask... biggrin.gif

Crash model? Good idea.......but maybe a little late to implement if we havent already......... tounge.gif

TJ

Guest DKM-jaguar

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ April 21 2003,12:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@ DKM Jag...

We get them too....In fact some of the e-mails make us wanna pack up and say "do it yourself then!"

Most of the trouble comes from players not reading the readme. When I released the dust script I got a stack of e-mails...." It doesnt work......its not in my helicopter..where do i put it....."

I know it will be the same with the MH47E, as it does have a LONG readme so that people can understand the feature list. Also it contains some features that will only work in single player.

I cant speak for the other guys, but to date this helicopter has cost me many hundreds of pounds in HARD CASH, not to mention hundreds of hours. As a lot of the features have been experimental, they have needed repeated testing and tweaking over and over. That doesnt take into consideration the others involved in testing and retesting.

Also Deadmeat has been on call nearly every night to tweak aspects of the model as I have asked him.

We bought a scale model of the MH47 to make sure we had the thing correct.

My wife wants to divorce me because all I seem to do is play with helicopters...

All in all we have made HUGE sacrifices for this bird, and so I think it is the least players can do is to take 10 minutes and read the readme. In fact I may suggest to TS that we release the readme BEFORE the helicopter.

As to era, Afghanistan + current I would say, but I'm not the guy to ask... biggrin.gif

Crash model? Good idea.......but maybe a little late to implement if we havent already......... tounge.gif

TJ<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We get them too....In fact some of the e-mails make us wanna pack up and say "do it yourself then!"<span id='postcolor'>

We get loads on our forums like that... and i frequently DO tell them to do it themself, just look at our forums [i go crazy to ungrateful people] crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this helicopter has cost me many hundreds of pounds in HARD CASH, not to mention hundreds of hours<span id='postcolor'> WAA? i can understand the hours thing...but money? What on?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We bought a scale model of the MH47 to make sure we had the thing correct.

My wife wants to divorce me because all I seem to do is play with helicopters...<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, i often use that excuse to buy models biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I hope your joknig about the divorce thing...