Sign in to follow this  
JJonth Cheeky Monkey

Larger ai engagement range pack

ive tried getting it to OFP.Info a few times now. Anyway Ive finished the Resistance and the East men. I just need to do the vehicles now. Ive changed all the weapon sounds so that they dont echo as much, which causes wierd sound problems when firing the weapon in fully automatic with slowish framerates. Ive added a nice new texture to the AK grips and barrels. New recoil effects too for all weapons. AK74 has least recoil and the G3 has the most. Ooh yeah grenadelaunchers have a recoil effect now too. smile.gif

I'll send it to Cervo or someone at OFP info tonight.

Well whats the recoil like strong or what because the origanl BIS (if there was one) grenade laucher recoil was rubbish extremmmmmly weak i doubt it is even coded in confused.gif  confused.gif

40mm grenades don't have recoil, that's why it wan't coded in.

it's just a pop sound and they're off.

You sure? I saw somet on Discovery. SEAL firing M203 at a target and it kicked quite alot. Also think about it there has got to be some backward movement when the round is fired.

Sorry, but I think the 7 damage value for 5.45 ammunition is funny. It makes it weaker than most of original Res pistols (not even mentioning realism, you can survive 4-6 bullets in the chest). It is possible to use numbers like 8.5 ?

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eda Mrcoch @ April 24 2003,20wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry, but I think the 7 damage value for 5.45 ammunition is funny. It makes it weaker than most of original Res pistols (not even mentioning realism, you can survive 4-6 bullets in the chest). It is possible to use numbers like 8.5 ?<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry I made yet another mistake. its not 7 its 8. The M16s do 9 and the AK47 does 10. The G3 does 12 or somet. He he my 50 cal does 49. Hey thats reminded me, there should also be a new version of my sniper pack. I sent it to fighter and he says it should be up soon. No guarantees though biggrin.gif . It only has the WA2000 and the M82a1 now, but vastly improved models and textures.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Discovery <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SEAL<span id='postcolor'>

There's your 2 suspect words which claim it ain't going to be very accurate.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also think about it there has got to be some backward movement when the round is fired<span id='postcolor'>

Yes but it's not very signifigant, there is a lot more recoil from a 5.56. 40mm grenades don't have a lot of velocity, they have quite a short range before they start coming back down, beyond 350 metres (in real life) the wind is going to be affecting them anyway and you can't aim accurately anyway so they don't need a lot power.

It is a lightweight launcher, it's meant for light support, it doesn't need power.

It was a close up video of some guy firing an M203 at a burnt out tank and it kicked back when he fired it, do you think he ws faking it or somet? some computer generated video to fool us all into thinking the M203 has recoil?

Right im sorry about the massive delay, but Cervo mailed me back saying it would be up on his site soon and that was Saturday (I think). So to be honest I haven't a clue whats happening. Maybe if Cervo or Fighter tells us whatever is happening then you can believe my excuses. smile.gif Once again I am sorry and to Gunnerman, none of those new sites you sent me worked, I got the service not available rubbish again. Its bloody AOL, it absolute crap. crazy.gifcrazy.gif

so is it out or not?by the way it is now tuesday and i saw somthing on ofp.info but it just looked like an updated sniper pack.

OK Ive decided to re equip all the vehicles themselves with new better weapons. The vulcan is hilarious now. God knows how fast it fires, but its fast. Also I didn't like the way a T72 could survive a direct hit from a SABOT or Hellfire from an M1 or AH-64, one shot kill now. If you dont like the sound of any of this then post your comments.

Ive been watching some archive footage of soldiers firing M79s and they all seemed to recoil much more than an M16. Just becasue the round travels slower it doesn't mean that it recoils less, look at the velocity of a 5.56 SS109 and then the 12.7 BMG, the 12.7 travels slower, but which recoils more? wink.gif

If you could prove your point then maybe I'll start to believe you.

Sounds like a good idea but please release the Engagement Pack First

please man, just stick to the small arms. If someone wants good tanks, they download Sigma-6's stuff.

OK theres some images at OFP.info. BTW the M16 butt is a tiny bit shorter than in those shots. The handguard is a bit longer. Think the M14 stock is abit longer too.

Lookin Good i like the G3's and the M4's what size grendes dose the G3 fire

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ 02 May 2003,19:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just becasue the round travels slower it doesn't mean that it recoils less, look at the velocity of a 5.56 SS109 and then the 12.7 BMG, the 12.7 travels slower, but which recoils more? wink.gif

If you could prove your point then maybe I'll start to believe you.<span id='postcolor'>

I have actually never fired any of these firearms, but just from the weapon statistics you should be able to get some idea.

There would be three main factors that would influence the recoil:

M - mass of the projectile (bullet or grenade)

V - speed it is given when fired (muzzle velocity I guess it is called)

T - amount of time it takes for the projectile to accelerate to that speed

To find the average force exerted on the projectile (and consequently on the weapon and the man firing it) over the time it took to fire it, calculate MV/T. Generally, the greater this value, the greater the recoil. There are numerous other factors that would influence this, but this approximation should be enough for your purposes.

The G3s use a launcher based on the HK79 I think, which is a 40mm weapon, so it uses the same grenades as the M203. He he maybe I should make some HE AP grenades, bye bye BMP tounge.gif . The only thing I am unsure about is the sounds for the weapons. I have made the length of the sound match the ROF, so if a weapon chambers a round every 0.075 seconds, thats how long the sound is. I did this so you dont get that horrible stuttering while firing full auto as I put sound continuous on. The only problem is in semi auto it sounds a bit weak. Its still better than a sound that lasts 3 secs just because its better in full auto. I could make a longer sound for semi and keep the short sound for full auto, but it may seem odd when firing singl shots in full auto.

Hi Cheeky Monkey nice looking aks and well thanks for the info on the G3. hope the Ak has a bad recoil on auto

Yeah the AK47 is quite bad, but not as bad as the G3 or the M14. The AK74 is probably the most controllable in full auto apart from the MP5s. The M14 the worst for recoil yet I find it very pleasing to use, fills the gap between a sniper rifle and an assault rifle smile.gif . Although I quite like the AK74SU because of the 40 rnd mag, just look at the length of it in the screenshot. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ 16 May 2003,00:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah the AK47 is quite bad, but not as bad as the G3 or the M14. The AK74 is probably the most controllable in full auto apart from the MP5s. The M14 the worst for recoil yet I find it very pleasing to use, fills the gap between a sniper rifle and an assault rifle smile.gif . Although I quite like the AK74SU because of the 40 rnd mag, just look at the length of it in the screenshot. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Any drum mag available for the RPKs ?