Sign in to follow this  
killagee

Child soldiers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ April 19 2003,23:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All that you said about the only people that carry guns are criminals or gangs is prejudice to gun owners, Americans, and the right to bear arms.  I know that plenty of gun owners here in Arizona carry guns to go hunting, sport shooting, or are collectors.<span id='postcolor'>

A point that I was trying to make earlier is that what is decisive is not the availability of guns in the society but the nature of the society itself.

If you have a violent society then having a lot of guns is a bad idea. The fact that people think that they need weapons to survive indicates that it is indeed a violent society.

When that violence is above a level of what the society can accept then the guns should be banned. Yes, it will hurt a lot of sport shooters, hunters and collectors but that is a sacrifice made for the good of the overall society.

By banning guns you will effectivly reduce the flow of the weapons to the criminals (>80% of the "illegal" guns in the US are former "legal" guns). As pointed out this will not eliminate the problem entirely, but it will make it very difficult for small time criminals, nut cases and angry teenagers to get to them.

Another benifit would be that the people being subjected to the crime would not be armed. Why is that a benifit? Very simple, if the criminal knows that he has nothing to fear from his victim then he won't use überviolence. If he knows that his victim can shoot back, then he'll bring a bigger gun and shoot on sight, just to be sure. So you get robbed, but nobody dies. Invest in a good police force and catch the robbers afterwards.

There will of course always be killings, but you can bet your ass that they will be reduced if the smaller crimes do not involve killing your victim or the criminal.

I don't see anything wrong with teaching your child how to fire a firearm. I would much rather have my child know the capabilities and dangers that a loaded weapon presents, then have him or her come into a situation with a weapon and do something stupid because they saw it on tv.

I also think that taking your child target shooting, skeet shooting, or hunting is a fun and healthy thing to do. Like it or not guns are part of our society here in the U.S. So rather then fearing or misunderstanding them, I would rather have my child be comfortable with them.

The majority of gun accidents in homes are because the parents were irresponsible with teaching their children about firearm safety, or didn't teach them about the guns at all for fear of something bad happening.

I wouldn't worry about my kids hurting themselves with the guns for a few reasons. Number one, the guns won't be available. Unless little timmy or tina figures out a combo lock they're out of luck. Number two, the fascination with the unknown won't be there, because it will be known. and Number three, there won't be any angsty youth type incidents because they won't be angsty youth, I'll kill 'em first tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ April 19 2003,23:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't see anything wrong with teaching your child how to fire a firearm.  I would much rather have my child know the capabilities and dangers that a loaded weapon presents, then have him or her come into a situation with a weapon and do something stupid because they saw it on tv.

I also think that taking your child target shooting, skeet shooting, or hunting is a fun and healthy thing to do.  Like it or not guns are part of our society here in the U.S.  So rather then fearing or misunderstanding them, I would rather have my child be comfortable with them.

The majority of gun accidents in homes are because the parents were irresponsible with teaching their children about firearm safety, or didn't teach them about the guns at all for fear of something bad happening.

I wouldn't worry about my kids hurting themselves with the guns for a few reasons.  Number one, the guns won't be available.  Unless little timmy or tina figures out a combo lock they're out of luck.  Number two, the fascination with the unknown won't be there, because it will be known.  and Number three, there won't be any angsty youth type incidents because they won't be angsty youth, I'll kill 'em first tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Number three, there won't be any angsty youth type incidents because they won't be angsty youth, I'll kill 'em first<span id='postcolor'>

! Can't beat the evil dictator father figure eh? The system works!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ April 19 2003,20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is going to hurt some of you more than it hurts me but that bit about kids being kidnapped and made into soldiers, that's bull.  It's very outlandish.  I can't see something like that happening and I believe you can't prove it so where did you come up with that, hmmm?  Feel free not to answer if you're wrong.<span id='postcolor'>

Name a few differences between the lifestyles of a child in Sierra Leone and let's say San Francisco.

I doubt the children in Sierra Leone are going to be listening to Avril and Britney.

In Britain before the Industrial reveloution there was no difference between children and adults, they worked as soon as they were capable and they usually were reproducing as soon as they hit puberty. There were lot's of child prostitutes, and we're not talking about the 12 year olds in British cities today, they were very young. It was then decided in middle class society that children needed to be protected and slowly legislation began to come into place that stopped these things happening. However the working class still saw children as a very useful asset in lot's of working enviroments like mines and factories and child labour continued for a long time. Now the industrial reveloution, if i can remember my history, was in 1750, that was 253 years ago, well that's a fairly good image of a child's life in many deprived countries around the world.

As you have a 24 pr for calling the British, or was it the entire of Europe, a bunch of elitist bastards (which is true to a certain extent, but then again look at the Dutch!wink.gif maybe you can think about this and actually do research instead of looking out the window and expanding your narrow view to fit the entire world and it's 7 billion inhabitants.

I'm suprised no one else commented on this, well stupid is a good word, statement.

yay, I like the Moderators here!?!

Anyway, it is so easy for me to walk into a city, go to the right part and pick up any sort of firearm that I want. Couple that with my own Firearms training and I could just go around and do a bank. However i dont, and that is the problem. If people were more educated as to what they could acctually do in there lives, then there would be no need for any of this gun culture.

Simple - Blame the Goverment (as opposed to Canada)-

Epita

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Couple that with my own Firearms training and I could just go around and do a bank.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, i doubt you could. I expect the US banks have tighter security than over here and what happens in a lot of these is that the robber is too slow and get's trapped in the bank. I'm sure the average child has enough firearms training to intimidate people enough to give him/her money, all you have to do is point a gun at people.

Because of the fear of guns in Britain, as soon as someone sees one they call the police, who then send out the Brit version of SWAT, the SO19 branch. This is what keeps the guns crime rates low, and if the suspect/criminal (why use that word when they have a gun!wink.gif tries to use it he/she is shot by the police, and they shoot to kill.

Fear can be instrumental but like in America it drives people to defend themselves, maybe they should try to raise the level of trust in the police force. That would be beneficial in my view.

American banks let's them take the money.I mean there could be some banks that have special stuff(lock them in ,fast shuting windows at the tellers desk)But most of them don't.Also locking the a bank robber in a bank with a gun is bad idea for the customers.

This is how i feel about gun control....

Drugs are illegal,yet their still getting in.It wouldn't any be different for guns to get in.American borders are too large to stop everything that comes in.

I live in the UK.

I dont mean just normal firearms, I have trained in FIBUA so I can acctually fight. But thats not the point. What I wanted to say (really) is that people should be educated to know that guns are not wrong, or evil. But that they should know that using them is not 'cool' and is likly to make them end up dead.

In england there are road safty and anti-smoking adds, it would be quite good if there were anti-gun adds to. So kids could understand what happens if you join that circle.

Epita

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Epita @ April 20 2003,16:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it would be quite good if there were anti-gun adds to.  <span id='postcolor'>

After the Birmingham shooting there were loads of ads about giving ur guns in and no questions asked and also r+b stars and garage stars all making anti-gun ads smile.gif Hopefully they will stay smile.gif

Do you have ?

Do you allow people to replay WW2 battles in uniforms, with accurate weapons and Nazi relics ?

Do you have a problem with racism ?

Are blacks "equal" in the US ?

Are islam people "equal" in the US since 911 ?

Balschoiw,Isn't that call flame baiting ? I don't know what the hell you watch,but geez ,you've been brain-wash by something or someone.

Also about school shootings.Didn't germany have a school shooting(damn wannabes)?

After columbine school shooting there wasn't alot more like that.

Do you allow people to replay WW2 battles in uniforms, with accurate weapons and Nazi relics ?

I don't see any jews getting cooked.When they do replay them.Also they replay the Civil War battles and all the other famous battles.

Of course america has some racist people.I don't like how you are saying it though.Your making it like white americans are nothing but racists.Of course everyone is equal somewhat(but it has nothing to do with race).

I think recreationally, live ammo shouldn't need to be used and gun use need not be encouraged. There's not a lot guns are good for. As idealistic as you can expect that viewpoint to be, if I can live without weapons, everybody else can. Leave it to the police and their new tasers, thanks.

On a lighter (?) note, does anybody know about those two kids in that country in Asia who head their own army because they are thought to be reincarnated holy warriors or something along those lines. I've see a photo of them smoking cigarettes and holding AK47s, they must be about 10 years old or something.

Any ideas?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TE Hellfire @ April 20 2003,17:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On a lighter (?) note, does anybody know about those two kids in that country in Asia who head their own army because they are thought to be reincarnated holy warriors or something along those lines. I've see a photo of them smoking cigarettes and holding AK47s, they must be about 10 years old or something.

Any ideas?<span id='postcolor'>

yeah. they were both captured by the gov't there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In a normal civilized society the state protects the citizens and they have no need to think about defending themselves.<span id='postcolor'>

Long on theory, short on practicality. Maybe in a perfect world, but not in the real one. The cops are never there when you need them, just the other day about a few Km from my house a bank was held up by a guy with a handgun. Two patrons there jumped the robber and subdued him until the police arrived, during those few minutes anything could have happened, people could have been shot helplessly, but luckily someone had the balls to stand up to that criminal P.O.S. and they took him down.

I'd rather have a means to defend myself and others should the shit hit the fan, so what if I "escalated the violence" by filling a thug full of holes? That's one less A*hole the world has to deal with, if any criminal is stupid enough to pull a gun then they deserve what they get. They know it's wrong, regardless of wether their daddy beat them as a child or not. Being poor isn't an excuse either, that's why we have social safety nets in Canada.

Anyways, it would be great if we could remove all of the guns off the street and only sold them to sane, law-abiding people, but it's not a perfect world.

Tyler

In Arizona, there is a wonderful thing called "Open-Carry".

You figure it out.

I sure love my second amendment.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Denwad @ April 21 2003,12:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In Arizona, there is a wonderful thing called "Open-Carry".<span id='postcolor'>

crazy.gif There's also an Arizona town named Tombstone. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you have ?

Balschoiw,Isn't that call flame baiting ? I don't know what the hell you watch,but geez ,you've been brain-wash by something or someone.<span id='postcolor'>

You should read it in context foxer. It was the reply to FS´s picture of Nazis on german streets. If you felt offended, I have to excuse. Again it was not my intention to bash anyone, but FS made me answer his stupid post that way.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ April 21 2003,17:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">crazy.gif There's also an Arizona town named Tombstone. crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

There's also one in New Mexico (I think) called Palestine, one in Texas (I think again) called Bagdad.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Again it was not my intention to bash anyone, but FS made me answer his stupid post that way.<span id='postcolor'>

I did? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 21 2003,23:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ April 21 2003,17:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">crazy.gif There's also an Arizona town named Tombstone. crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

There's also one in New Mexico (I think) called Palestine, one in Texas (I think again) called Bagdad.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Again it was not my intention to bash anyone, but FS made me answer his stupid post that way.<span id='postcolor'>

I did? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ive been to Palestine in texas, about 2 months before the shuttle crashed there at a family reunion. Its not much of a town. Going east on Highway 81(I think?) you could blink and miss it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 22 2003,00:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ April 21 2003,17:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

There's also one in New Mexico (I think) called Palestine, one in Texas (I think again) called Bagdad.<span id='postcolor'>

We have a town in Israel named Batzra, which is the original Hebrew biblical pronunciation of Iraq's Basra.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Denwad @ April 21 2003,11:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In Arizona, there is a wonderful thing called "Open-Carry".

You figure it out.

I sure love my second amendment.<span id='postcolor'>

hooah to that, we got open carry in Missouri to and we are about to get concealed-carry (might have it now). 2nd amendment is what makes the bill of rights a bill of rights not a bill of priviliges

I dont think the real problem is kids knowing how to use a firearm. If needed, they will figure that out regardless. It isnt rocket science. The problem is not teaching kids respect for firearms and the results of using them. Letting your kid get raised by the TV and then teaching them how to use a firearm is not a good solution, no matter what country you live in.

There have been lot's of cases of well trained soldiers shooting comrades or themselves due to technical diffilculties with firearms, i knew a soldier who shot the runway when on patrol once, the ricochet could have hurt someone or more importantly gone into a tornado or something! (As the admin would say)

Just out of interest, and a little bit off topic, but what is the huge attraction of being able to carry a firearm around with you? I would feel pretty sick with humanity if I had to carry a gun around with me just to feel safe.

What if the country was over run? ( hypotheticly, just play along). If they were desperete enough to need every person I could see the situation of child soldier's. A few years ago me and my friends would play soldiers in one of my friends backyard. The only time we got hurt was when we were playing with medivel weapons.

PS. I found these cartoons at a website. I don't agree with or disagree with any of them,

I thought this was funny. Sorry this link no work

and this

and finally this biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but what is the huge attraction of being able to carry a firearm around with you? I would feel pretty sick with humanity if I had to carry a gun around with me just to feel safe. <span id='postcolor'>

Better to have something and not need it then to need it and not have it.

Shit can and does happen, just because you read about it happening to someone else doesn't mean it won't happen to you.