Sign in to follow this  
OxPecker

Ofp2 set in vietnam

Vietnam or not, doesnt matter...

The best thing now is that we have confirmation on OFP2 - that means we could start ranting about OFP3... smile.gif

Artillery and shooting from vehicles is the main issues I want to be fixed...

A second Falklands war in the late 80s would be a good fictional setting. A nice group of islands to have a campaign on.

The second war would have to include other nations though (the US, maybe the Soviets) - not just the Brits and Argentina.

I would prefer the setting not to be Vietnam, but that's just me. I don't think that setting would be very fun for all the different things you could do and drive in OFP.

Also, I don't like going back too much before the original OFP timeframe. I find that time to be pretty interesting, before that doesn't really thrill me. I would be against a WW2 shooter even more, those have been done to death.

Ok ladies and gents... place your bets.

It would be a good bet that OFP2 will not be based on Vietnam - and nevermind the pics. smile.gif

I bet BIS are laughing their asses off at us thinking that it'll be Vietnam. tounge.gif

Well, i bet bis is working hard and overtime because of that E3 presentation thing, they took what? 5 years to develop opf? Vietnam or not i surely hope they will take their time to develop this game, theres enough rushed crappy games out there, would be sad to see opf fell into that category sad.gif , i hope they will take their time, release it when properly done and give us the best they can, i can wait smile.gif .

Yeah, I think they really do that biggrin.gif

We'll see more about it next month.

I don't really care what setting it has, I'm gonna buy it anyway smile.gif

I know there has been a zillion WWII games but they're all just a bunch of arcade shooters. An ofp style WWII game would rock

I'd like a futuristic OFP. Yes I know, I know you think it'd suck, but it opens a lot of scope for gameplay and units. The further into history you go, the more boring the weapons and battles get.

Well that's what my feeble mind tells me anyway.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jo Man Dragon @ April 21 2003,20:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">who said it was gonna be Vietnam setting?<span id='postcolor'>

the voices in your head wink.gif

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ April 21 2003,16wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok ladies and gents... place your bets.

It would be a good bet that OFP2 will not be based on Vietnam - and nevermind the pics. smile.gif

I bet BIS are laughing their asses off at us thinking that it'll be Vietnam. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Scorpio REALLY hope you are right on that... but maybe you remember that in the past there was a project for make "Operation Vietnam" that came from Seventh (at the now closed www.operation-flashpoint.net) . Seventh is now part of "BIS Australia", that MOD never saw the light and I have the fear that the thing finally take shape like OF2... Maybe OF2 will have a campaing set in Vietnam and other ones at other places of the world showing different conflicts (real or not) Maybe is too much for ask but I hope it will be like that so we can have plenty of the actual units and many more. Like I said before,I think Vietnam is too restrictive, OF can't walk back in this way! Sure jungle will be simulated in great way but I can't imagine OF2 with less units (and freedom) than the original one. It can't be!!! Can't be. Hope you are right and BIS are laughing with our fears about OF2...

Vik

Operation Vietnam never died, they just haven't posted news in 2 years smile.gif

Seventh was never behind Operation Vietnam, they're in charge of Independace Lost.

yea if Bis set it in Nam its kool as long as addonmaker will be getting all the juice from the new engine.

Guest BratZ

Maybe they should release the OFP2 engine and modtools first then they can sell packs after ...WW1 Pack, WW2 Pack, Vietnam,Cold War (again with new engine features) and then on to Urban and Current day conflicts

I dunno I just want the new engine but it probably wouldnt sell good without at least 1 pack coming with it first

I dont care what theatre its really in, the next engine will have further possibilities than this one and I am not looking at it as just Vietnam

I am not too bothered about the scenario or time setting. Vietnam will be interesting.  Game-play holds more weight when I purchase a game.  Therefore,  I just hope the maps are larger and it has a MP campaign feature.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gonk @ April 22 2003,09:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am not too bothered about the scenario or time setting. Vietnam will be interesting. Game-play holds more weight when I purchase a game. Therefore, I just hope the maps are larger and it has a MP campaign feature.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, please add a multiplayer campaign feature somehow. Give us the option of playing a ton of coop missions right out of the box.

Nam is fine with me. I just hope it will have tunnels, multiple gunners on vehicles (Spectres!wink.gif better CQB possibilities, wildlife, "real" fires and some sort of responsive terrain like in Red Faction.

Ah hell, I'll buy it anyway, even if i need a new pc to run it.

IMO OFP is the standard all other tac sim shooters are measured at.

Good luck to BIS with creating a great new game for us!

L8R,

TopCover

I don't see the Vietnam as a modern warfare.....and to what i'm aware there is no island...I say that we all wait and see during may and we should know a bit more....

I reckon it'd be cool if it were set in Afghanistan. You could have two campaigns: one with the Russians invading, and then one with the Americans invading 20 years later biggrin.gif .

I wouldn't mind a Nam campaign, but I don't see how BIS will be able to acheive a good jungle effect with the same size islands. I understand computers will be better when it's released, but part of the popularity of Flashpoint was that you didn't need the most up-to-date technology to run it. Almost all computers could run it, so it sold heaps. I doubt BIS will release a game that will require a brand-new computer, because only a handful of people will buy it.

So, either we'll have a Vietnam with a average jungle, no Vietnam at all, or a game that doesn't sell much and doesn't have the same broad community that it does now.

Of course, I could be wrong smile.gif .

Cheers

Mr B