Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Just found something intersting about bf1942

ah yes but can u autogyrate with that helicopter wink.gif

ps, has anyone found a working VTOL plane for OFP,not the pack where u get one proper plane and another addon which flys like a chopper.

i'm downloading and going to test it smile.gif

don't bother. helicopters are practically impossible to fly, it's basically BF1942 with different weapons. yes, you still fling basketballs at each other crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 17 2003,01:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">don't bother.  helicopters are practically impossible to fly, it's basically BF1942 with different weapons.  yes, you still fling basketballs at each other  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

M1 Tank Platoon 2.

Old but gold! Plus playing as the OPFOR on a network is hilarious. Your T72's get nailed 1 mile out, while MLRS fire rips your decent units to piesces. Good fun though!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 17 2003,02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">don't bother.  helicopters are practically impossible to fly,<span id='postcolor'>

in what are they unresponsive,oversensitive,too arcade like??

The Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942 is simply awesome. The tanks reload alot faster, and so even with 350% of the normal tickets, you still have a game that is over faster than a standard Battlfefield mission.

The Helicopters aren't impossible to fly, you just have to work out the balance needed.

Strafe keys and the Mouse are needed to stay level, while holding forward makes you go up. Releasing forward makes you sink back towards the ground.

It DOES take a bit of getting used to certainly, but it's not impossible.

Download it, you'll have fun.

It's almost just what I've been asking for. I want a massive multiplayer thing like this. More like ww2 online modern but this looks good. I think I'll get it when it goes retail.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ April 17 2003,07:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">in what are they unresponsive,oversensitive,too arcade like??<span id='postcolor'>

Sluggish, yet unstable.

lol, hard to describe. They're very sluggish, very very sluggish, and they're not stable in that they recquire constant adjustment. But since they're sluggish, you're constantly overadjusting and constantly crashing, cursing, and beating your computer.

Off the top of my head, I haven't played in a long time.

mmm tried it.....................helicopter is really too hard to fly even with a jotstick sad.gif

the helicopter physics suck bad in that desert combat mod.

I like the option of having that M2 machinegun on top of an Abrams tough.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 16 2003,19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 17 2003,01:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">don't bother.  helicopters are practically impossible to fly, it's basically BF1942 with different weapons.  yes, you still fling basketballs at each other  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

M1 Tank Platoon 2.

Old but gold! Plus playing as the OPFOR on a network is hilarious. Your T72's get nailed 1 mile out, while MLRS fire rips your decent units to piesces. Good fun though!<span id='postcolor'>

I've had M1TP2 on my computer for years now. The graphics aren't that bad, even by today's standards. Better than the other tank sim out there, Steel Beasts. Though SB is a bit more hardcore realistic, those graphics are simply terrible. No sense of immersion at all with them.

The mod is not so bad and fun, but it still needs a lot of work.

Also, It is just a beta version, so let's wait and see the alpha smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ April 18 2003,18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The mod is not so bad and fun, but it still needs a lot of work.

Also, It is just a beta version, so let's wait and see the alpha smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you mean its a alpha so lets wait for the beta ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ April 18 2003,17:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 16 2003,19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 17 2003,01:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">don't bother.  helicopters are practically impossible to fly, it's basically BF1942 with different weapons.  yes, you still fling basketballs at each other  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

M1 Tank Platoon 2.

Old but gold! Plus playing as the OPFOR on a network is hilarious. Your T72's get nailed 1 mile out, while MLRS fire rips your decent units to piesces. Good fun though!<span id='postcolor'>

I've had M1TP2 on my computer for years now. The graphics aren't that bad, even by today's standards. Better than the other tank sim out there, Steel Beasts. Though SB is a bit more hardcore realistic, those graphics are simply terrible. No sense of immersion at all with them.<span id='postcolor'>

hehe, I always offer up my continued love affair with Steel Beasts to prove that I'm not a graphics whore.

Uh the Abrams is missing its 6th and 7th road wheel dude.

That take some pretty serious retardness to accomplish.

BF1942

Abrams-sm.jpg

Real M1

abram13s.jpg

Another screenshot I've seen had a Shilka with Sherman treads biggrin.gif

I wouldn't take any BF1942 mod very seriously.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 21 2003,04:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uh the Abrams is missing its 6th and 7th road wheel dude.

That take some pretty serious retardness to accomplish.

BF1942

Abrams-sm.jpg

Real M1

abram13s.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Consider who's making this mod:

BF1942 players. smile.gif