Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Just found something intersting about bf1942

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is that how you reload a mortar

<span id='postcolor'>

hahaha

biggrin.gif

i bet they will add a pile of morters or somethin

wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 21 2003,04wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uh the Abrams is missing its 6th and 7th road wheel dude.

That take some pretty serious retardness to accomplish.

BF1942

Abrams-sm.jpg

Real M1

abram13s.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

does this make u feel any better

m1a1_4-sm.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ April 16 2003,22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*Shudders*Battlefield 1942*Shudders*  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes I have to agree BF1942 is crap, crap graphics, crap sound, crap gameply, crap game. But MOHAA is a good game.

thumbs-up.gif

-iCe-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (|iCeMaN| @ April 21 2003,20:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ April 16 2003,22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*Shudders*Battlefield 1942*Shudders*  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes I have to agree BF1942 is crap, crap graphics, crap sound, crap gameply, crap game.  But MOHAA is a good game.

thumbs-up.gif

-iCe-<span id='postcolor'>

Atleast MOHAA has singleplayer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ April 21 2003,20:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (|iCeMaN| @ April 21 2003,20wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ April 16 2003,22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*Shudders*Battlefield 1942*Shudders*  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes I have to agree BF1942 is crap, crap graphics, crap sound, crap gameply, crap game.  But MOHAA is a good game.

thumbs-up.gif

-iCe-<span id='postcolor'>

Atleast MOHAA has singleplayer.<span id='postcolor'>

I really dont like the singel player in Mohaa. The only really good singelplayer is in mafia.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FuseBox @ April 21 2003,08:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 21 2003,04<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uh the Abrams is missing its 6th and 7th road wheel dude.

That take some pretty serious retardness to accomplish.

BF1942

Abrams-sm.jpg

Real M1

abram13s.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

does this make u feel any better

m1a1_4-sm.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Better, now fix that shilka. wink.giftounge.gif

It's an Alpha version. Do you really expect them to have every single model exactly as it will appear in the finished version of the game?

I didn't like Battlefield 1942, but the Desert Combat mod made it fun to have a few games with my friends.

Besides, you can't beat having a spawn point in a C-130 Hercules that is actually airborne and circling over the area of operations so that you can parachute down behind enemy lines.

The hardest thing to pick up is Helicopter flight, but once that is done the mod is fun to play around with.

I guess most of you just don't like the learning curve of picking up the complex controls of flying.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (drewb99 @ April 22 2003,00:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BM21-sm.jpg

Their BM-21 looks more than a little off  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Is that a Dodge Ram? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess most of you just don't like the learning curve of picking up the complex controls of flying.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...the complex controls of flying<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif Hilarious! Complex? biggrin.gif

Such hilarity...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frizbee @ April 22 2003,03:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The hardest thing to pick up is Helicopter flight, but once that is done the mod is fun to play around with.

I guess most of you just don't like the learning curve of picking up the complex controls of flying.<span id='postcolor'>

I've logged more hours in the Longbow and EE series than I would like to admit, not to mention Il-2, Mig Alley, EAW, etc. Not to mention over 2 years of flying OFP's helos. Through all of that, I've found that BF1942 consistently has the worst flight models, dyamics, and physics of any game I've ever played.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ April 22 2003,17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But have you tried the DC Mod? Im not saying you are wrong im just asking.<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, and I don't intend to. I just assume that a flight model made using the BF1942 engine will be awful, that's all. They probably tried to tone down the responsiveness of the aircraft, and ended up creating helos that handle like airborne cows.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 22 2003,18:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ April 22 2003,17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But have you tried the DC Mod? Im not saying you are wrong im just asking.<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, and I don't intend to. I just assume that a flight model made using the BF1942 engine will be awful, that's all. They probably tried to tone down the responsiveness of the aircraft, and ended up creating helos that handle like airborne cows.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, those flying cows are nasty sons of bitches! It`s friggin` hard to get the milk! mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 22 2003,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess most of you just don't like the learning curve of picking up the complex controls of flying.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...the complex controls of flying<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif  Hilarious! Complex?  biggrin.gif

Such hilarity...<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, complex.

I've logged hundreds of hours in Flight simulators. I'm not saying that the Desert Combat mod has realistic flight models or controls for their helicopters, but they are complex and challenging to pick up.

Out of the people I was playing with, only one other person could pick up those controls successfully. Even the AI bots can only fly for a few minutes before spinning out of control and crashing.

Having said that, I prefer it having this complexity, it stops ever Tom Dick and Harry from jumping into aircraft and flying around and doing stupid things like crashing into you deliberately (ala Operation Flashpoint)

If you actually spend the time learning how to fly the helicopters, it makes Battlefield 1942 so much more fun to play.

And it is good for those times when you can't find serious players capable of the thought required to play Operation Flashpoint properly.

Having actually flown a little in a chopper, (Silly bastards, I nearly wrote the bugger off, even if it was a little hover), I wouldn't call the controls complex. Badly designed, and clumsy perhaps, but not complex.

I agree on the little ratbastards who simply run around in their easy to pick up A/C, and I hope BIS model aviation correctly in OFP2. (Pedals, collective, cyclic etc. Its more fun than it sounds! ) That way it rewards the amount of effort that you put in, and geezers your supporting appreciated just that little bit more! smile.gif

By all accounts, flying a helo is sort of like juggling with your life depending on keeping all three objects going; not cow-tipping. smile.gif