Sign in to follow this  
miker_CLO

Breaking flashpoint news

Well the rumours have been widespread about the possibility of a new Operation Flashpoint

game. So the question is, is there or isn't there going to be a Flashpoint

2confused.gif........wellll.....yes there is wink.gif There I said it!

You heard it here 1st (Officially anyway) Codemasters are again teaming up with Bohemia

Interactive Studios and are in the process of developing the brand new gaming sequel for the

PC. As of yet the location and time period of the new game are still being kept Top Secret.

Well until E3 that is smile.gif

More news will follow and regular updates will be published in my monthly newsletter

'Codemasters Command Centre'. If you aren't already signed up you can do so at:

http://www.codemasters.com/codemprogram/joinup.php

A new Forum has also been launched and can be found here:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum

Again to post you will have to be signed up to Code M. If you cant be bothered feel free to

read away anyway smile.gif

Hey, I'm the first to post an answer to this "groundbreaking" news!

That is really great news, thank you telling us what we wanted to hear for such a long time! smile.gif

Now all the speculations about the theatre can go on ... biggrin.gif

I just hope, BI will not only focus on MP because OFP was one of the best singleplayer-games ever! Sure - today a lot of people demand on a good MP part but for some of us SP is still very important!

Again, thank you very much!

-Vic-

Well, this evil spammer posted twice about this. Once with this new thread and once in the OFP2 thread, where it belongs to. Just wondering which moderator has the guts to lock this thread biggrin.gif

I thought I would start a clean new thread after the official announcement. But also answer some of those long awaited questions from the other 17 page thread.

So let's watch with baited breath on the outcome of these posts..... wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WhoCares @ April 16 2003,14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, this evil spammer posted twice about this.<span id='postcolor'>

I think that's a bit harsh, we have to show the n00bs some patience wink.gif

Seriously though as there is almost news released it makes sense to give it a thread, assuming it stays relevant and newsworthy of course smile.gif

OH MY GOOD GOD!!!!!! They finally announced it. Cant wait till E3 to get the whole news. WOW I havent been this shakey since i first heard of flashpoint back in early 2001.

I wonder where this puts Independence Lost now, seeing as the sequel has been announced....

I`m shaky everytime I play OFP! Last Clanwar I almost needed heart medicine!! tounge.gif

I`m now longer with OFP than with any of my girlfriends!!! crazy.gifbiggrin.gif

You mean, you didn't know this before. tounge.gif

There have aready been statements about the next OFP... this isn't breaking anything as far as I know. smile.gif

There had to be a sequel. smile.gif

But I`d have liked it to be placed in the Korean war. Would`ve been something very special, because I know no simulation that deals with this conflict in 1st person. wink.gif

sorry for the cross post but im just trying to inform not spam

face2a.jpg

picture.jpg

logo.jpg

coming.jpgpc.gif

looks liek its going to be Vietnam as the top picture is taken from vietnam.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Marines on a combat-reconnaissance mission crouch down as they move through low foliage in the Demilitarized Zone in February 1968. They have just been attacked by a group of Viet Cong and are waiting for medical assistance and re-inforcements.<span id='postcolor'>

I think it is a bit confusing with 2 threads about OFP2 (this one and that one). confused.gif