Sign in to follow this  
Bart.Jan

Macros in functions

I want know something about macros. Can anybody give me several simple examples, please?

I found only one example, but it's too abstract for me.  confused.gif

Thanks for the tip, but there is nothing about macros. I found nothing about macros in tutorials and in any function there.

As far as I know a simple macro can be included when using preProcessFile on an sqf like this

#define PI 3.1415

{ _circumfence = PI*_d;};

if we look at this example you had:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define MOD(_X, _Y) ((_X % _Y) - (_X % _Y) % 1)<span id='postcolor'> we have #define macroName(arguments) (statement)

macroName is MOD and it can be inserted into your sqf just as any other function

(arguments) is _X and _Y

the arguments can be passed into the macro much like passing arguments into a function, you can have no arguments and just the (statement)

(statement) is ((_X % _Y) - (_X % _Y) % 1) and this is the body of the macro like the body of a function, the _X and _Y can be passed in when calling the macro through the defined arguments.

then you can simply call this in the sqf like a function in C, not like with preProcessed sqf files where you have to say call preProcessedName, but simply MOD(9,3).

_X becomes 9, _Y becomes 3 and htis line is executed:

((9 % 3) - (9 % 3) % 1)

Hope this makes some sense.

Thanks. It's clear now. smile.gif

Just few another questions :

I can use math macros. example: #define plus(_x,_y) (_x+_y)

1a)Can I use any (non reserved) names for macro variables? example #define plus2(_frt,_pke,_hoho) (_frt+_pke+_hoho)

1b)I presume I can not use names of macro variables in the body of function. Am I right?

example: private ["_x","_frt"];

I can also use commands macros. examples:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#define kill(_x) _x setDamage 1

#define minus2(_x,_y) [_x,_y] call loadFile "minus2.sqf"

kill(player);

_v=minus2(4,6);

<span id='postcolor'>

2a)Can I include somehow "minus2.sqf" into macro?

model example:

minus2.sqf

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

private ["_a","_b","_c"];

_a=_this select 0;

_b=_this select 1;

if (_a>=_b) then {_c=_a-_b} else {_c=_b-_a};

_c=2*_c;

_c

<span id='postcolor'>

transformed into:

#define minus(_x,_y) if (_x>=_y) then {_z=_x-_y} else {_z=_y-_x};_z=2*_z;_z

<span id='postcolor'>

2b)Or definition must be one line code* with variables that are "defined" in arguments?

*If not, how compiler recognize end of definition?

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bart.Jan @ April 15 2003,08wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks. It's clear now. smile.gif

Just few another questions :

I can use math macros. example: #define plus(_x,_y) (_x+_y)

1a)Can I use any (non reserved) names for macro variables? example #define plus2(_frt,_pke,_hoho) (_frt+_pke+_hoho)<span id='postcolor'>

I believe you can yes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

1b)I presume I can not use names of macro variables in the body of function. Am I right?

example: private ["_x","_frt"];<span id='postcolor'>

You CAN use the variable names also used in macro definitions. Do NOT use the name of the macro definition itself as a variable, unless you know exactly why and what you are doing. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can also use commands macros. examples:

#define kill(_x) _x setDamage 1

#define minus2(_x,_y) [_x,_y] call loadFile "minus2.sqf"

kill(player);

_v=minus2(4,6);

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Yes of course, + - / are commands as well. The thing is you seem to be unable to define more than one statement in a macro... the good news is you can create a kind of macro this way and still pass in arguments:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define DIV(_X, _Y) {player setDamage _X;player setDammage _Y;_X*_Y;}

private ["_result","_x"];

_x =50;

_result = call DIV(10,3);

player sidechat format ["%1",_x];

_result;<span id='postcolor'>Result becomes 30 and of course the player is killed. smile.gif He would sidechat 50;

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2a)Can I include somehow "minus2.sqf" into macro?

model example:

minus2.sqf

private ["_a","_b","_c"];

_a=_this select 0;

_b=_this select 1;

if (_a>=_b) then {_c=_a-_b} else {_c=_b-_a};

_c=2*_c;

_c

<span id='postcolor'>

transformed into:

#define minus(_x,_y) if (_x>=_y) then {_z=_x-_y} else {_z=_y-_x};_z=2*_z;_z

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Again the one thing I can recommend for this if you have to use macros is : </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define minus(_x,_y) {if (_x>=_y) then {_z=_x-_y;} else {_z=_y-_x;};_z=2*_z;_z;}<span id='postcolor'>

called with </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">call minus (2,3);<span id='postcolor'>