Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Afghanistan map out!

Ok i'll look that up for you smile.gif

And CAT said he had included the new updated anim in the update 2 but somehow it isnt there now maybe ofp.info got confused with the files confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 28 April 2003,19:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok i'll look that up for you smile.gif

And CAT said he had included the new updated anim in the update 2 but somehow it isnt there now maybe ofp.info got confused with the files  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the Update 2 file yesterday had the old anim and the new anim that Cat posted on the OFPEC forum requires addon CatSTTDesertSolider or similar.

So until the new anim is corrected, at least the old one works if you have the required BAS and UCE addons.

did anyone get this "Update 2" working?? I didnt download the entire map over... but this "Update" thign should definetly work.

yeah I have dl the update path 2.0 and copied everything in my afhan map and it worked

sorry i forgot to add intro mission in the rar so you can download the intro here

Unzip it in your \addon folder it should create \addon\CATIntro_anims\Intro.catintro\mission.sqm

It doesn't need any other addons to run

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ 30 April 2003,09:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think I might just wait a moonth for the next version...sounds simpler... confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You don't know what your missng! wink.gif

Well CAT has just sorted things out for all of you poor confused people out there with no clue what to do , how to do biggrin.gif

He has sorted a fixed final MAP with updates and sent it to Cervo , plz dont mess up cervo tounge.gif

I'll get thelist for you later avon catsaid he'd mail me ...

I have to say that this addon is the coolest map I've played so far.  The textures are incredible, and the buildings first class.  I just made a simple mission in that big city (I guess meant to simulate Kabul) down in the south where I had 4 BAS Rangers going against 4 Taliban 12 man platoons and 4 of the Toyota Hilux "Techicals".  Even with Apache gunship and AH-6 Little Bird airsupport we got our asses handed to us!!!  Anyone who says that the BAS soldiers outmatch all the other enemy unit addons out there should try creating such a mission.  I ended up having to use 8 Ranger platoons to finally capture the city and even then there were still pockets of resistance.   The fighting however was incredibly realistic.  It feels unbelievably scary going down allyways in the dusty streets and then to suddenly have Taliban fighters pop up in a side alley and open up on your guys.  In one part of the assault we were going down a long street when a whole squad of Taliban soldiers appeared at the end of the street and started to laydown fire.  I quickly ducked into a side alley and saw my whole squad get mowed down as intense tracer fire flew down the street with bullets skipping off the walls of the buildings alongside the street and kicking up dirt on the ground.  Left alone I found a tall building that I climbed up from where I had a good view of the city and was able to snipe at roaming Taliban units that were intercepting the other Ranger squads moving in from other directions.   Occasionally the whine of the miniguns on the Little Birds could be heard.  Then... finally I began to see a few friendly uniforms at the main mosque in the center of the city.   At that point I climbed down thinking that the path to the mosque was clear.  But halfway there I literally ran right into a Taliban officer.  In a frantic draw I tried to shoot but had an empty magazine.  As I tried to reload he drew his pistol and got off one shot that hit me in the chest before I pumped 5 rounds into him and he fell over dead.  

Wounded I slowly made it to the mosque just in time to witness a Taliban counter attack as they tried to retake the mosque.  Fortunately the Rangers had set up an effective defensive perimeter and drove the attack back.  A volley of rockets from one of the Apaches also helped quite a bit although one Ranger took injuries from rocket shrapnel.  

At that time I noticed that one of the technicals had been abandoned so I jumped in and used the DShK machine gun to mow down the last two attackers... or so I thought... just as I was about to get out, I heard a "wooosh" followed by a huge explosion that sent me and the truck flying and my screen fading to black.   Apparently a Taliban RPG-7 gunner had crept in from the other direction undetected.  sad.gif

I played the mission a few more times and eventually successfully captured the city completely but wow it's really challenging!  Anybody who wants a taste of what urban combat is like should try making such a mission.  

This map rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 30 April 2003,15:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well CAT has just sorted things out for all of you poor confused people out there with no clue what to do , how to do  biggrin.gif

He has sorted a fixed final MAP with updates and sent it to Cervo , plz dont mess up cervo  tounge.gif

I'll get thelist for you later avon catsaid he'd mail me ...<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks. Does Cat have a README ready documenting the new changes?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ 30 April 2003,16:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anybody who wants a taste of what urban combat is like should try making such a mission.<span id='postcolor'>

/avon cries over another missed opportunity

WOW your luck Avon i just posted the post above and a e mail came in my box the exact instant tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">no use list below

-----------------

textures

-enletokruh

-kamen04

-kamen05

-dd_rakosi

-CIDLCB1~13

Copy of CLeoB3

catisb1

CATIRDB1

CATIRD1~12

CATINTROGRASSSNOW1~12

CATINTROROCKBASE2

CATINTROROCKBASE1

CATintrodesertroad1~12

CATINTROGrassRoadBASE1~14

CATINTROCliff59~74

CATINTROCliff22~26

CATINTROCliff9~13

CATIntroCityBlockBase~CATIntroCityBlockBase9

CATIntroCityBlock1~CATIntroCityBlock8

CATINROSNOWdirtroadBASE1~10

CATINROSNOWBASE1~4

CATIDBI1DBGY1~12

CATIDBGY1~13

CATIDB1~13

catcrater

catcavetop

CATBDGTXT1

catawt2blt

catawt2blod

CILeoDT1_1

CiLeoDT1

catabsgblt

catabsgblod

catabsg1

---------------------

models

-CATSmrk_maly

-CATSkala2_1~2_5

-CATSkala3_1~3_5

CATSmrk_siroky

CATSmrk_velky

CATDD_rakosi

CATDD_bush09

CATDD_bush08

CATDD_bush07

CATDD_bush06

CATDD_bush05

CATDD_bush04

CATDD_bush03

CATDD_rakosi02

CATDD_bush02

CATDD_bush01

CATDD_borovice02

CATAfghanbusho22

CATABSG1

<span id='postcolor'>

There ya go wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 30 April 2003,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WOW your luck Avon i just posted the post above and a e mail came in my box the exact instant<span id='postcolor'>

Problem. I deleted everything in the list, except for the following files, which I could not find:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">textures

-enletokruh

-kamen04

-kamen05

-dd_rakosi

-CIDLCB1~13

Copy of CLeoB3

---------------------

models

-CATSmrk_maly

-CATSkala2_1~2_5

-CATSkala3_1~3_5<span id='postcolor'>

Flew a chopper and somewhere towrd the top of a hi mountain around DD42 to DF45 there was a large diamond shaped untextured area.

When I restored the original PBO and flew there again, all was OK.

That was only a very small test. Could be other problems. I was very carefull to delete only those files listed.

Please check!

edit: Possible coords of missing terrain are CH45.

Will you fix the wrong placed roads, rocks and buildings ? And when ? I think you must hire a beta-testing team (I could be one of 'em smile.gif) to provide you with bugreports.

Miles Teg great lil story there, fine example of why Opf (with the help of some truly talented addon makers) is the best game on the market smile.gif

Oh come on Placebo...there's great stories from other games.

"I was playing counter-strike and I shot some guy. Then some guy using a wallhack shot me. Then I called him a bot. He called me a n00b. I quit the server".

Edge of your seat stuff! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Nothing comes close to OFP!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Flew a chopper and somewhere towrd the top of a hi mountain around DD42 to DF45 there was a large diamond shaped untextured area.

<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah Avon this list is the same that the one included in the .txt file in updgrade 2 pack, so as i said i noticed the same problem.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cervomix @ 30 April 2003,21:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Flew a chopper and somewhere towrd the top of a hi mountain around DD42 to DF45 there was a large diamond shaped untextured area.

<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah Avon this list is the same that the one included in the .txt file in updgrade 2 pack, so as i said i noticed the same problem.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the question is if that's the only mistake and what file needs to be added back to resolve it.

Going by the list, I cut down the PBO size by around 23-24MB or a +30% reduction.

This caught my eye at Ofp.info

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Jennik sent us an email because he posted on his site screenshots of his work on nice island textures. He's also looking for somebody who can help with some things, like adding addons models, defining airport etc. so send him an email.

<span id='postcolor'>

jnn_desert01.jpg

jnn_desert02.jpg

jnn_desert05.jpg

jnn_desert08.jpg

Maybe these could fit your Afghan island?

Do I smell a co-operaton?

ok i finally got over the "I cant get it to work" and just redownloading the entire 40 meg file again.. things work perfect now.. love the island i hope this was the last update to this island i cant take much more 3 hour downloading.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Landwarrior87 @ 01 May 2003,02:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i hope this was the last update to this island<span id='postcolor'>

Nope.

But you may be able to manually update the PBO by downloading a much smaller update, as was possible until now.

crazy ass map!!!!!!!

the city is just dam massive

very cool

and nice story from another post i read

wanna post ur mission ill dl and play it

The mission right now is still just in its beginning stages, but I'll see if I can finish up something decent soon and post it. RIght now it's just simply 6 Taliban platoons (from the Afghanistan pack) scattered around that big city you were referring to in the south and then a few Toyota Hilux with a cycled waypoint circuit so that they drive around the map.

Then I just got 8 BAS Delta and Ranger squads going into the city from different directions all with "search and destroy" waypoints positioned around the mosque. Same deal with the Apache and AH-6 Little Bird gunships.

So it's pretty easy to make a simple mission like that. Just select as player any of the units in the Delta or Ranger squads.

I don't want to post the mission publicly until it's pretty slick looking with nice intro movies, sound fx, and stuff like that.

But hopefully after this weekend I'll have time to really work on this mission and get it finished as it's been a long time since I released any missions. There are also several other Afghan missions that I've been working on as well including one that features a B52 Arc Light strike using that B52 addon that came out awhile ago. smile.gif

Another one will include Snyper's support pack as well.

What's cool however is that this map can be used for all kinds of Middle East missions. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>