Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Afghanistan map out!

Yeah, sorry meant to click reply not quote, but trying to do 10 things at once here ... biggrin.gif

Still not coming up when I go to Filefront, I get to the "Download from our servers bit" click on that and wait - nothing. And it doesnt appear in the addons directory either.

I must be having issues with Filefront.

I downloaded the update anyway, and am re-pbo'ing it, taking its precious time tho....

Hey so how'd you guys like the new updates , weve even updated the mosque with mats and carpets , i even made sure cat had laid them down in the right direction tounge.gif

Apart from that we are now working on grafitti and other tit bits to make it even more interesting wink.gif

Not re-pbo'd yet but from the screens I've seen looks amazing.

A question though :

Is Cat done with the Major Terrain/building layout? or does he plan to do more before the final release?

I'm updating one mission, and want to make another one with this great map, and can get a start on it if the only things that are going to change are textures etc ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 27 April 2003,17:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Apart from that we are now working on grafitti and other tit bits to make it even more interesting  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

*cough*

tidbits

*cough*

crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 27 April 2003,17:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey so how'd you guys like the new updates , weve even updated the mosque with mats and carpets , i even made sure cat had laid them down in the right direction  tounge.gif

Apart from that we are now working on grafitti and other tit bits to make it even more interesting  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Haven't had a chance to take my boots off and sit down yet to try the rugs. tounge.gif

It is an astounding map. There's so much potential! I wish someone would make a serious campaign on this map.

One wish I've asked for already on the OFPEC forums: please restore the village that was at GB75 and was accidentally deleted in the previous update. It was such a great village and Nagual had put together a fantastic sample mission for it.

Haha Avon we'll were sorry but that portion is not coming back now i hope you fellows understand since the next up date is a way off now you can get on this mapwith peace now.

But one thing CAT isnt making one island only we are also planning on doing Kabul which we hope will re define OFP's CQB hopefully (the damn LODS wont get in our way crazy.gif )

And we will be making our campaign on the island when it'll be done , Afghansitan in the 80's biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 28 April 2003,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One wish I've asked for already on the OFPEC forums: please restore the village that was at GB75 and was accidentally deleted in the previous update. It was such a great village and Nagual had put together a fantastic sample mission for it.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah i liked that town alot. But as its not coming back and island seems to of stablized i will try another mission. The new urban areas are very nice, already the best urban environment in ofp so far.

The early mission only took around an hour to make, from a template, so another one might be close.

And again, the final version of these islands will be amazing, they really are very nice.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ 27 April 2003,18:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah i liked that town alot. But as its not coming back and island seems to of stablized<span id='postcolor'>

Putting it back wouldn't cause any earthquakes, would it? confused.gif

umm i get serious errors with this second manually re-pbo one.. the first updt went fine for me.. but now with this one i get a Cannot load "cattreedown.sqc" or something like that.. and i get white textures for the ground at the new big city by the river.... and at a couple of other cities.. maybe i accidently left soem files out when compressing it but ill try this again.

Edit: Yeh, did it twice.. same thing. deleted the old catintro and everything will this be fixed because im not trying to download 40 megs again on 56k!

I got the same problems after I updated and re-pbo'd it.

Quite a few missing textures, a missing sttdesertsoldier or something when the map /anim starts ...

And some swine stuck a great big funky looking river and gorge in front of the flight path in my mission, causing much chopper crashing and swearing!

ehm it is catsstdesertsoldier sttdesertsoldier is from SelectThis.

catsstdesertsoldier maybe it is the new russian soldier that cat is working confused.gif

Well obviously you both arent packing the .pbo back probably confused.gif

And yeah the STT soldier is by selectthis which come with his desert Malden

@Avon : yeah it might cause some tremors which could bring down a few mountains in the island so..... wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 27 April 2003,20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well obviously you both arent packing the .pbo back probably  confused.gif

And yeah the STT soldier is by selectthis which come with his desert Malden

@Avon : yeah it might cause some tremors which could bring down a few mountains in the island so..... wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

what do you mean were not packing the pbo's correctly? we did the first update fine.. its something wrong with it.. heres a pic.. Ok.. sinse the istructions on the first update worked for the first one.. id like some EXACT instructions for the second.. cuzz i did the exact same thing i did for the first update.

Screenshot of my problem: http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2354822.jpg its the same thing ingame.

Ace did you download the whole new map again, or did you just download the 1 meg update and repack it?

if so give me instructions on what you did exactly.

Just for the record. I had previously downloaded a copy of the PBO, which had the 1st upgrade already applied to it.

To this PBO, I downloaded the 2nd upgrade earlier today from OFP Info and manually applied it to create the file now available for download from The FAQ.

A slight problem: Today's small upgrade 2 file at OFP Info included the old anim MISSION.SQM file - the one that requires BAS and UCE addons. Could it be that there are other problems therein? confused.gif

I really like the new map, it still has missing textures, not been able to fix that yet, mainly on mountain tops ...

Managed to redo my mission to compensate for the new geometry, and there are areas of the map which have been updated superbly. wink.gif

Getting some fairly heavy fps slowdown in the main City complex, could be my card GF2Ti, but it rarely struggles with OFP. I guess I need to upgrade ... he still says 2 years later ...

Lots of great possibilities for this well crafted, lovely looking map, and I've not even got round to looking at any of the fabled caves yet.

Keep up the good work! ( and keep down the random massive geometry changes, mission designers are people too tounge.gif )

avon: your animation for the afghan map has references to uce_kuffiya soldiers (which I don't have)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ 28 April 2003,00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">avon: your animation for the afghan map has references to uce_kuffiya soldiers (which I don't have)<span id='postcolor'>

It's UCE's ME Resistance Units, available from The FAQ.

Note that this anim you downloaded from me is not the latest. The newer anim is supposed to do away with the need for unofficial addons but it currently has a missing addon bug. How ironic. wink.gif

Ok sorry guys yeah the problem might be in the anim confused.gif

I'll ask CAT for it but not today hes gone to sleep i guess sad.gif

So hopefully by tomorrow i'll let you all know....

Cat_shit included in the update #2 i packed a .txt file of some useless p3D and textures to remove, but don't do it cause it seems that 1 or 2 of the list must not be deleted. He'll check it that later and the map will be around 40mb instead of 60. He'll not release more public updates for at least one month so Nagual it's time to make some nice missions wink.gif

No not aslong as a month wink.gif

Need time to work more on it and you get sometime for some missions too biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cervomix @ 28 April 2003,01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cat_shit included in the update #2 i packed a .txt file of some useless p3D and textures to remove, but don't do it cause it seems that 1 or 2 of the list must not be deleted. He'll check it that later and the map will be around 40mb instead of 60. He'll not release more public updates for at least one month so Nagual it's time to make some nice missions wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Good thing I didn't understand what he wanted in that README. smile.gif

Will he fix the missing addon error for the updated anim? It's looking for something like CatSTTDesertSoldier, though it's claimed that the anim only uses default OFP units.

Well i had a chat with CAT and he had a field day discussing the problems you have landwarrior biggrin.gif

This is what he said regarding your problem on the anim folders:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm the ofp.info forgot to include the new cutscene anim folder so I uploaded the folder on the www.ofpec.com forum.

<span id='postcolor'>

Ok guys now get the new anim folder and use that and chuck the previous one out!

As for the missing textures CAT siad the same thing i told you , you probably didnt .pbo'ed all the files in correctly so the textures are missing , trying re doing it again wink.gif

Is there a safe and accurate list of files that can be deleted from the island's PBO, if there are any such files?

Or the opposite: is there a list of all the files that should be in the PBO and anything else can be deleted?