Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Afghanistan map out!

ofp.info hates me sad.gif ....are there any mirrors for the island..I really want to have it!!

Hmm yeah. For some reason im not able to access ofp.info either.

No matter what link i click on, it only sends me back to the page where you select your language. sad.gif

This is QUITE annoying since a lot of good mods never seem to make it any further than ofp.ino.

(offtopic. I know. Sorry!!wink.gif

someone please mirror the file...I searched all day all the OF sites for a link refreshing every minute with no luck..I`ve been waiting for a long time for an Afghanistan map and I keep hearing how great it is..so is anyone willing to help a desperate guy?

Okay, i think i have the latest version. What's up with the bridges? are they meant to be sticking out the river bank?

eatmyshorts: I think you must delete your cookies, something went wrong.

For the download problem you have to retry, every first attemp is refused (don't know why) but at the 2nd it should work fine

wink.gif

Thanks cervomix, really appreciate you trying to help, but unfortunately thats not it.

Tried it allready, didnt work sad.gif

Anyway, managed to get it with a little help from a friend, and it is absolutely great, just what i've been waiting for smile.gif

Keep up the good work!!! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (punishment @ April 23 2003,21:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">some of the bridge hights are assed up.

Some are even submerged crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Try changing your Terrain resolution (Low, Normal, etc etc).

too many addons don't cause a bleuscreen (at least not on my PC). On my PC it causes a warning message to appear; it can't create the 3d device, out of memory.

I have searched for this, but;

does anyone know how many addons ofp can handle?(in Mb)

And can this be changed by adding RAM or buying a better video card?

I can only handle the map with BAS rangers/delta's,BAS MH6 and BAS MH47. NO more than this. I mean; that sucks! I want to have some decent afghan fighters and the HMMWV form Marfy/BAS aswel. Right now the game can't handle that sad.gifsad.gif

On my old machine (before i broke it) crazy.gif i could get about 480MB of addons before i got the error "Can not memory map re\addons\0.pbo"

I had an athlon 1.2, 512MB ram and a 128MB Ti4400

There is a program which manages youre addons, Tales of War may have made it, or DKM.  this tells u if you are over the limit and lets you disable addons  biggrin.gif

yeah, I use the one from DKM.

Your machine used 512Mb (SD?)Ram. Mine only has 128mb DDRam (I know; UPGRADE!wink.gif. My video card is a kyro 2 (OLD!wink.gif.

I have AMD athlon 1.53Mhz

I'm a student (so I don't have lot of money), so what would be the best solution

-buying a new video card (how much does this help?)

-buying 256mb extra RAM. (cheaper, but how much does this help?)

In the most ideal situation I would do both, but I'm afraid that only a dream i my case (at least for the next 6 months)

sorry for the off-topic, but If I can have an answer you have jet another happy fan. Right now I'm a happy and frustrated one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ April 24 2003,00:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah, I use the one from DKM.

Your machine used 512Mb (SD?)Ram. Mine only has 128mb DDRam (I know; UPGRADE!wink.gif. My video card is a kyro 2 (OLD!wink.gif.

I have AMD athlon 1.53Mhz

I'm a student (so I don't have lot of money), so what would be the best solution

-buying a new video card (how much does this help?)

-buying 256mb extra RAM. (cheaper, but how much does this help?)

In the most ideal situation I would do both, but I'm afraid that only a dream i my case (at least for the next 6 months)

sorry for the off-topic, but If I can have an answer you have jet another happy fan. Right now I'm a happy and frustrated one.<span id='postcolor'>

Get the RAM, it does so much more for ofp than a new video card.

We just need more missions for this now, Poet's two are excellent but we could definitely use more smile.gif

yeah and I need a mirror to get the file..I`ve been trying for 4-5 days to download it with no luck and I`m on C A B L E

So please somebody mirror it I REALLY need it and I am not the only one who can`t download it from ofp.info!!! sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quicKsanD @ 26 April 2003,21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah and I need a mirror to get the file<span id='postcolor'>

Here ya go! smile.gif

http://www.filefront.com/?filepa....tro.rar

Expect an update of the map shortly.

OMG!Thanks avonlady you are the best!You helped me when I had almost lost hope..thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

Well quicksand...I guess you'll have to buy one her T-shirts now...or a nice mug tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ 27 April 2003,08:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well quicksand...I guess you'll have to buy one her T-shirts now...or a nice mug  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's a thought! smile.gif

Anyway, the 2nd update is out. I've rebuilt the island PBO and now there's an anim cutscene for the island.

I'm waiting for an updated README for CAT and then I'll upload it and replace the update #1 copy I've mirrored till now.

Stay tuned ..........................

The full version of Cat's Afghanistan Island beta update 2 (April 27 2003) can be downloaded from this FAQ file mirror. It's in ZIP format, weighing in at around 50MB.

Here's my introductory readme, included in the download:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Readme by The Avon Lady

This is a fully built ready to install copy of CAT's Afghanistan Island,

including the addon's 2nd update, released on Sunday, April 27, 2003.

I take no responsibility for this addon, other than mirroring a download

copy. All comments and questions about the addon should be directed to the

addon maker.

------

How to install?

- Extract the CATINTRO.PBO file directly into your OFP\AddOns subdirectory

or into a -mod folder's AddOns subdirectory.

- Extract the MISSION.SQM file into your OFP base subdirectory, making sure to

specify the USE FOLDER NAMES option in WinZIP or the equivalent option in

whichever ZIP file extraction program you are using.

Additional requirements

------

Please refer to the other README files included with this download.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 27 April 2003,11:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The full version of Cat's Afghanistan Island beta update 2 (April 27 2003) can be downloaded from this FAQ file mirror. It's in ZIP format, weighing in at around 50MB.

Here's my introductory readme, included in the download:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Readme by The Avon Lady

This is a fully built ready to install copy of CAT's Afghanistan Island,

including the addon's 2nd update, released on Sunday, April 27, 2003.

I take no responsibility for this addon, other than mirroring a download

copy. All comments and questions about the addon should be directed to the

addon maker.

------

How to install?

- Extract the CATINTRO.PBO file directly into your OFP\AddOns subdirectory

or into a -mod folder's AddOns subdirectory.

- Extract the MISSION.SQM file into your OFP base subdirectory, making sure to

specify the USE FOLDER NAMES option in WinZIP or the equivalent option in

whichever ZIP file extraction program you are using.

Additional requirements

------

Please refer to the other README files included with this download.<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Bad Link Avon Lady. sad.gif

I checked the list of Addons you have hosted at Filefront as well and its not listed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Poet @ 27 April 2003,16:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bad Link Avon Lady.  sad.gif

I checked the list of Addons you have hosted at Filefront as well and its not listed.<span id='postcolor'>

I just clicked on the link in your post (i.e., my post) and it's there. Started downloading just fine.

edit: though the file is not yet listed under NEWEST FILES. But still, the direct link is working.