Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

Afghanistan map out!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Poet @ April 15 2003,10:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, if you were lucky enough to get a copy of this cool map ( or managed to find it on the Russian Site ), might want to have a bash at this simple mission I knocked together :

http://quake3.barrysworld.net/poet/AfghaniRaiders.zip

Requires :

Resistance 1.90+

BAS Delta/Rangers ( of course )

BAS LittleBird

UCE Middle-East Resistance

and the Afghanistan Island Beta.

( links in the Readme )

Its my 1st mission, nothing fancy, but I had a lot of fun with it.  Single Player and Co-op available.<span id='postcolor'>

Why you havent used Remo's Afghan units in place of Uce's confused.gif

Not that I dislike Uce's units but it would be I think in this map better to use Remo's units wink.gif

And soon great addon maker mailman shall release his Afghan Russian soldiers it look so cool if you can read russians go to the site and enter the forums tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 15 2003,10:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">new version/re-release available now at http://ofp.gamezone.cz/  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

People that is not new version that is the same who has downloaded the map 2/3 days ago wink.gif

So dont download it again like me tounge.gif

I hope that by the time i get back from work again the link is still up confused.gif

The mosque building object has invisible protective areas around it that prevent you from walking close to the wall.

If you warp inside one of this invisible boundaries, you'll have to work a little to warp back out or you'll be trapped in there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Weird, I wonder why they took it down and put the same one up again - sorry if I gave bad info<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it's the same file, actually it was not deleted, i removed just the link from our pages and asked news sites to do the same (and flashpoint.ru forgot to remove it from their russian pages) tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 15 2003,11:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The mosque building object has invisible protective areas around it that prevent you from walking close to the wall.

If you warp inside one of this invisible boundaries, you'll have to work a little to warp back out or you'll be trapped in there.<span id='postcolor'>

Just hit the dirt and crawl out of it biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 15 2003,11:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The mosque building object has invisible protective areas around it that prevent you from walking close to the wall.

If you warp inside one of this invisible boundaries, you'll have to work a little to warp back out or you'll be trapped in there.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe it's the power of Allah keeping the infidels out? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 15 2003,16:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 15 2003,11:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The mosque building object has invisible protective areas around it that prevent you from walking close to the wall.

Maybe it's the power of Allah keeping the infidels out?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Then all that's needed is a REMOVE BOOTS command.

Very nice island Nomad Team, those buildings are very excellent. The final version of the map will be amazing.

I couldn't resist making a quick mission for it:

co@ 9 Urban Valley

I made it very quickly so it's basic, just a bit o fun. Works for sp/mp.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ April 15 2003,18:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I couldn't resist making a quick mission for it:

co@ 9 Urban Valley

I made it very quickly so it's basic, just a bit o fun. Works for sp/mp.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! I'll have to restart later when I have time. Four of my squadmates died after 10 seconds doing wheelies. crazy.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ April 15 2003,18:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I couldn't resist making a quick mission for it:

co@ 9 Urban Valley

I made it very quickly so it's basic, just a bit o fun. Works for sp/mp.<span id='postcolor'>

It's a lotta fun!

Cleared the first objective but didn't live through the 2nd. Too many meanies!

And then to be told that there are more heading in from the south! crazy.gif

Could do without the motorcycles. They really don't add much other than appearance - at least from where you start off from up above.

At the end, when I got killed, there was an ending screen with KIA displayed and then everything went black. Now in real life that may be OK but here I had to press ESCAPE to get back to something visible.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ April 15 2003,08:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OxPecker is now insane cause the link was there but he have not looked wow.gif  biggrin.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I plead temporary insanity! tounge.gif

Sorry if I got a bit hot under the collar, I thought I'd missed out.

So is the map now at ofp.info the same as the one that was initially up, or is it a modified version?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote

Weird, I wonder why they took it down and put the same one up again - sorry if I gave bad info<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it's the same file, actually it was not deleted, i removed just the link from our pages and asked news sites to do the same (and flashpoint.ru forgot to remove it from their russian pages) tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But a new version and an update should be released tomorrow, with bugs found by Avon fixed, river, bridge, and some other fixes. wink.gif

$!#@ I downloaded the update, only to find out that I need the original ARGHHH!

The one at Flashpoint News Center is like a update and it's giving me an error message and right now I can't get CZ to work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The one at Flashpoint News Center is like a update and it's giving me an error message and right now I can't get CZ to work.<span id='postcolor'>

The link at Flashpoint News Center is sending on our file and like our server is offline right now, that's why you can't get it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">$!#@ I downloaded the update<span id='postcolor'>

Which update are you talking about?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 16 2003,05:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At the end, when I got killed, there was an ending screen with KIA displayed and then everything went black. Now in real life that may be OK but here I had to press ESCAPE to get back to something visible.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks avon, i will fix that bug later today, and plan to do more in the insertion side of thigs a bit later.

And new island version sounds good, looking forward too it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 14 2003,03:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this is still just a beta, there will be many new features in the next release. I suggest you check out D4 or D5 or E4 and E5 on the grid.

Obviously, we still need help with this. Please email me or Robbo or Ace or CS if you'd like to join.

While it's not really realistic, I like having UCE/SDOC Russian Desert Troops battle Suchey's/Earl.'s marines.<span id='postcolor'>

who is CS? and whats his email?

Update pack available at ofp.gamezone.cz

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM released several fixes and added some stuffs to his Southern Afghanistan island, here is a pack of several .rar files that you'll need to add in the dpbo-ised previous version of his map. If you don't know how to do there is a readme inside the pack. Also, if it's still too complex for you or if you have a fast connection the updated island will be released soon! smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

UPDATE PACK 1

Edit: When I tried this out I noticed that the cute little town where Nagual's mission takes place has been removed (why?). Maybe I did something wrong, if not I really hope that it returns in another update.

well i have updated it.. more hills on it and its buggered up my missions for the ilnad coz i added building to it... the bridges are screwed on it aswell.. but i am very impressed with this map