Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Yak-38 forger

Get it at: http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?newlang=eng

or directly at:  ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/yak38.zip

This is a very good addon except for the fact that it basically is a helicopter.  In other words it does not use any nifty scripts for converting from VTOL flight to regular level playing like the other planes.  

But other then that it has some nice animations and the weaponsl, textures, and sounds are all excellent.  I really hope somebody gives this bad boy true level flight capability in addition to VTOL capability.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yak382.jpg

that thing is huge .. you talked about a YAK38 in your topic , not an Aeroflot cargo tounge.gif

j/k

but ofpman really needs to take the time to finish his addons , from all he has done yet , i only see a bunch of unfinalized alpha addons

his ideas are great , who would have thought about implemeting the CH56 cheyenne in OFP for exemple , but his addons really need some work like this yak which needs an important resizing

but there's one thing i like with ofpman's addons , it's the muzzle flash of his aircrafts' cannons

-edit-:

after playing around a little bit with the plane :

- it badly needs resizing , even before V/TOL ability , we're talking about carrier-based attack aircraft , not some kind of strategic bomber (exaggerating ... just a little bit)

- i have some doubts about the rocket pods , i don't remember this kind of weapon carriage made of cylindric rocket pods on russian planes , but on the other hand , the gun pods are really nice

a nice addons , but not fully worked out and it doesn't give away all its potential

Actually OFPMan1 took 4 hours to make the model and a day to make textures and config file. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cervomix @ April 13 2003,02:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually OFPMan1 took 4 hours to make the model and a day to make textures and config file.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

In that case OFPMan1 should really get together with the guys working on the harrier jet for the Falklands MOD team. They have a working harrier jet with VSTOL/normal flight capability. I bet those guys would be able to finish this YAK-38 quite nicely.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Heres a picture of about how large it should be. It's kinda hard to see its size relative to the people buts its the only one I could find with people in it.

yak-38-05.jpg

It has great potential.

My beef(other than what was mentioned already) is the fact that it has no real purpose as is.

You are dead against other faster jets and you arent going to last against real helicopters in this thing.

I reakon its a great model just a tad to big and it flys like a brick. I reakon the exterior textures arn't to bad but a script should have been implimented to change from VTOL to regular.

But nothing looks cooler when the this aircraft come into land at the airport all we need no is that soviet aircraft carrier/crusier.

It´s funny hovering around with it!

But is making a Shadow to a model such a huge problem?

You can open canopy, it has landing gear, animations, coloured muzzleflash and so on.

But why no simple shadow??

MfG Lee sad.gif