Sign in to follow this  
Lolsav

Decapitation a mission from ses squad

Hello, ive just released my final version of my new "Decapitation" coop multiplayer mission (its for 16 players, but i think its doable with half of the team).

It has some nice features such as a multiplayer negotiation script made by Dadlidd (joltan) and the ultra famous spectate mode made by Kegetys (version 1.2)

inside.jpeg

Thx to daddlid for the help implementing his nice Viewdistance script, and to all the others who helped me to find bugs and pointing weak points.

I added a feature that im sure many intro haters will love, its a Skip intro (yes or no) that u can pick in the lobby. After hearing so many complaints about how long intros are) . Tested it and it worked perfectly.

lobby.jpeg

So, if you want this mission grab it here (save as) and unzip it to ur mpmissions folder of ofp.

To play this mission download the SES addons pack 4 (available in downloads section of the SES site) or get these addons

Neededaddons.jpeg

BAS Rangers addons pack

editorupdate102.pbo

Hellden.pbo (island)

UCE EastWeapons 1.25 by UceE aka Jussi Soini

BTR70.PBO

KeG russian weapons pack

Much easyer if u just get the SES addons pack 4. It comes with a nice installer and uninstaller if u ever want to remove it for some reason.

Err forgot to say its for Resistance and 1.85 or above advised.

Mission is around 1400kb

There are more addons needed than the ones you mentioned. I downloaded those and still get lots of missing addons sad.gif

Can u b more specific? it would help alot thx. Cuz since i have SES pack installed i probably skiped something.

Sorry, but i can't really. I downloaded the SES packs and checked the mission.sqm to see which addons i needed and i got it to run on my server. Wow, 72mb if i really use only those the missions need (eg only ak107 and makarov from kegetys russian weapons pack, only ak74m and dragunov from uce weapon pack). Around 100mb if i use the complete addons... that's massive for one mission, hope i can convince my players to d/l the addons. My server has already around 300mb of addons, but they need an additional 26mb for this one sad.gif

I can give you a list of the pbo names, but i don't know how the official addon names (and name of the zipfiles) would be.

command.pbo

dragonfly.pbo

sebsfuh1h.pbo

sebsfuh1hresfix.pbo

uce_rusnaval.pbo

uce_rustaiga.pbo

uce_rustgrs.pbo

These do not come with the addons you mentioned (bas ranger, hellden, uce weapons, btr70, kegetys russian weapons pack, editorupdate102). I have to agree that it is much easier to install the ses addon pack wink.gif Although i hate installers, especially ones that put stuff outside the ofp folder sad.gif

Working on a solution right now. Thx for the info

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (benu @ April 12 2003,20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Although i hate installers, especially ones that put stuff outside the ofp folder sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The SES installers put everything in a seperate mod folder - only those addons that cause errors in mp when put in a mod folder are placed in either res/addons or /addons (depending on where they don't cause errors). Nothing is put outside the OFP folder (but for an entry to the start menu and the uninstaller entry in the registry).

BTW: The missing addons are Joe Lemmonade's (aka Sebastian Müller) Dragonfly, the SpecOp UH1, and UCE's Taiga cammo Spetznatz and Russian Naval Infatry (as modified by Norsu).

Ok benu i edited my mission again and to avoid making ppl dowloading it again (its 1400kb anyways) i made a little Update for it. Its less than 100kb unziped.

OOOOOOOOOPPPSSS new patch sad.gif

So if u alredy have version 1.1 (was updated last nite) get the patch <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>here</span> and apply it to the mission.

<span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-size:31pt;line-height:100%'>OR</span></span>

If u have older version get the patch from 1.0 to 1.2 version in <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>here</span> and apply it to the mission.

About the addons, i thought in making a separate zip with the ones used, but in the end they would b about the same size as the SES installer (Modules 1 and 2). So it was not worth to make a new one.

What i did insted was getting the detailed list of the addons included, wich i should had made from the start.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">- BTR70 (author unknown - available at http://ofp.info)

- UCE's Infantry units and retextured weapons:

INDIAN SOLDIERS (JUNGLE), UCE RUSSIAN FEDERATION MVD & SOBR(TAIGA CAMO),

UCE RUSSIAN FEDERATION NAVAL INFANTRY,UCE RUSSIAN FEDERATION SPETSNAZ

(GREEN TIGER CAMO), UCE RUSSIAN OMON, UCE RUSSIAN FEDERATION SOLDIERS (DESERT)

as modified by Norsu (contact author(s): http://flashpoint.xaos.ru/jjsoini)

- Kegetys' Russian weapons pack 1.1 (contact author(s): http://ofp.kege.cjb.net)

- Kegetys' Editor addon 1.11 (contact author(s): http://ofp.kege.cjb.net)

- STT KLR motorbike (contact author(s): w-chen@bigpond.net.au)

NOTE :the KLR motorbike should be copied to you Res\AddOns folder (they would cause error messages if placed in the mod directory or the regular addons folder)

- Hellden Island addon (contact author(s): http://www.hellden.ift.cx)

- Lavos mod's MT-LB pack (contact author(s): sebastian@psycho-cowboy.net)<span id='postcolor'>

Btw, thanx for making that clear for me Dadlid

I haven't had time to check the new version yet, but one of my players just reported that he could get the "old" version to run on his box with less addons. This usually means that there are addons in the mission.sqm which are not really needed by the mission at all (some addons add themselves to all missions you make while you have them in the addons folder). In case of the "old" version these seem to have been:

dragonfly.pbo

sebsfuh1h.pbo

sebsfuh1hresfix.pbo

I can only recommend to mission makers to use addon folders and only put the addons into it that are intended for that particular mission, or else some addons will add themselves to the mission although they are not really needed...

And i am looking forward to that new version biggrin.gif

Update: Problem solved... he had the new version already and the server still had the old one... These 3 addons do not seem to be needed anymore with the new version. Just disregard my post biggrin.gif

Cooll im glad u guys had it sort it out. Now i just hope u enjoy the mission biggrin.gif