Sign in to follow this  
Sui

My latest mission

Hey everybody smile.gif

I'm looking for some good voice actors to help me with my latest mission.

I'm preferably after American accents, but I'm willing to use anybody provided their accent isn't too strong...

It's for my mission Facile Ground.

If you'd like a look at the mission, the final public beta can be found here. (350Kb)

It involves an Platoon level Mechanised Infantry assault on the town of Larche.

OFP Version 1.85 (Resistance) Required

It uses no unofficial addons

I've only filled a couple of the parts at the moment, and are looking for 5 - 8 more voices smile.gif

As far as the mission goes, pretty much all issues are resolved. However I'm still open to suggestions and reports of any bugs you might find (though I'm pretty sure I've squashed them all biggrin.gif )

Please reply if interested. Thanks smile.gif

Hi Sui,

Send me a script and i will glady do some voices for ya, i have already done some for the Invasion '44 mod and would be glad to help out. biggrin.gif

Same here Sui, Glad to help you out. Although i havn't done any for anybody before I'm still up for doing some if yah want. Give me a shout.

I'm up for it, but my mic is kinda crappy, so the quality probably won't be too great. It works well for simulating radio-static, though. smile.gif

Can anyone do an eastern european accent? (russian, polish,czech etc.) i need one for an outro of a mission that you play an east soldier.

I can do most any accent cept for Eastern European...sorry Winters... confused.gif

Baaah that's racist or something, you need English actors to do the voices of the bad guys, haven't you watched any Hollywood movies lately? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ April 09 2003,13:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Baaah that's racist or something, you need English actors to do the voices of the bad guys, haven't you watched any Hollywood movies lately?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

English actors doing the voices of the bad guys???

This is beggining to sound like "Enemy at the Gates" with all the russians being played bt British Actors (jude law, bob hoskins) and the Main German being played by American Ed Harris??? crazy.gif

ah....Hollywood...When will they learn smile.gif

If you wanna see a good war movie that's not hollywoodish see Das Boot although i'm sure you allready have.

And Placebo, it's funny how hollywood uses any different type of accent to be the bad guy. biggrin.gif

British accents are always a target.

Thanks for the responses guys, this is just great biggrin.gif

I've still got more spots if anyone else is interested...

I have actually cast a guy with a British Accent as a special Op... it sounds quite good as the voice is very distinctive

However they're US forces, and I reckon we can't have too many of them non-US wink.gif

I would also mention 'Enemy at the Gates' if Winters hadn't beaten me to it biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

You've really got to wonder if they did that on purpose though... ALL the Germans were American and ALL the Russians were british...

Sui, maybe it would be easier for folks to know exactly what needs to be done if you posted what kind of lines would need to be recited. And for what situations.

Hey IceFire,

Thanks for the advice, but with there being 17 parts and almost 150 lines, that just isn't practical wink.gif

I also prefer to 'cast' someone in a part after hearing their voice, rather than just handing out lines willy-nilly.

If you would like a look at the lines, I suggest you play the mission (download link in the first post of this thread) as the dialog is pretty much finalised. smile.gif

I've still got parts going if anyone is interested... please post that you're interested and I'll contact you with details

Update: I've filled most of the parts. Thanks to everyone who's agreed to help me out smile.gif

I've still got a few minor parts going, so in accordance with IceFire's suggestion, here's the script extracts for these minor parts:

Combat Medic Jacobson

- "You or any of your guys hurt Sergeant?"

- "Ok. Send your injured man over and I'll fix him up."

- "Right, send your injured over and I'll treat them."

- "Command, Hotel Red 1. I'm afraid we have a KIA out here. The engineer didn't make it."

Engineer (Sgt. Anderson)

- "Sergeant __? I'm Sergeant Anderson, 5th Engineers. We're ready to get to work as soon as you finish marking the mines you want defused immediately."

- "All the mines you marked are defused. You're good to go. We'll get the rest of the minefield later."

- "Oh my god! Medic!!"

- "Where are those medics? Get them over here now!"

Corporal Peters

- "Sir?"

- "So you're going on the assault, Sergeant?"

- "Here's your stop."

- "Kick some ass Sergeant. Give those reds hell!"

If anybody feels they can help me out with these, I would really appreciate it. Post a reply and I'll drop you an IM with specific instructions. smile.gif

Thanks everybody

Sui, i checked out the mission to get some more background for my character, Very Shui mission, i should be done with the sound files in a few days more. I had work going on in my Apartment thats delaying me from finishing confused.gif

That's fine Winters, mate smile.gif

Real Life has to come first, and it's not like I'm paying you biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I am very interested in the voice acting. If you have any open parts, e-mail me (dj_olmstead@hotmail.com) and i'll give you a reply.