Sign in to follow this  
Airwolf

How to convince people that ofp is the best?

Try not too blame the kids too much. Anyone could do things like that. I have a 12 year old brother (I'm 16) who likes OFP, he even knows how to make fairly complicated missions (for his age wink.gif ) . I doubt if he went on multiplayer that he would do something that stupid in any game.

I think its OK if someone playes both OFP and CS know matter how old they are. But they better know thier stuff, not knowing what a T-80 is would be unacceptable. And anyone who plays OFP should realise that they are playing with a very mature and dedicated community and that trigger happyness and faliure to work as a team will not be tolirated on our servers. Violations may be punished by a law rocket in the @$$ or worse, being kicked from the server.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying every 12 year old is like that. I mean the bratty little kids who think they're tough (this was a problem that happened to me a few times in Team Fortress Classic).

is there a forum for ofp 2?

for posting ideas

hope they do more of an indoors aspect aswell as the outdoors figthing like inside of big houses etc.

this could revolutionise the whole game even more

sorry to go offtoic but couldnt find it if there is any

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ruff @ April 13 2003,10:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is there  a forum for ofp 2?

for posting  ideas

hope they do more of an indoors aspect aswell as the outdoors figthing like inside of big houses etc.

this could revolutionise the whole game even more

sorry to go offtoic but couldnt find it if there is any<span id='postcolor'>

There's a pinned thread in this forum section, "What would you like to see in OPF2?" to be exact.

*EDIT* Here's the link

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=14164

hehe, we were playing on the MGA server the other night, and I watched as one of the non-MGA/USMC guys tked one of our teammates despite his very non-Russian appearance. Well, since I was right behind the TKer, I put 3 in his brain, then typed exactly what he had typed 15 seconds earlier: "oops, my bad."

He got the message, and no more TKs were comitted the entire map smile.gif

Those sonsabitches. Why the hell would they want Bronco?? Noone even lives in Bronco! They should take what they can get; they've dammed the Rio Grande so much that Texans can't even really call illegal Mexican immigrants 'wetbacks' anymore, because they can just hop over the Rio Grande to get to America lol. Mobilize the National Guard! Operation New Mexican Freedom is about to begin!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"There is no doubt that the people's lives in that strip would be vastly improved because they no longer would be Texans," Robinson explained during Senate debate.

"I can see a great uplifting of their personal self worth," he said. <span id='postcolor'>

lol, he's got guts, i'll give him that. Too bad his house is going to be reduced to rubble in, *checks watch* an hour or so.

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 14 2003,01:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"There is no doubt that the people's lives in that strip would be vastly improved because they no longer would be Texans," Robinson explained during Senate debate.

"I can see a great uplifting of their personal self worth," he said. <span id='postcolor'>

lol, he's got guts, i'll give him that. Too bad his house is going to be reduced to rubble in, *checks watch* an hour or so.

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

2nd amendment at work? tounge.gif

anyways, back on topic.

i think one of the better way is to actually have some MP coop session. make a simple coop misison similar to pathfinder from the CWC campaign. by not following orders and going Rambo, they will fuck up. but if you convince them to do teamworks in every stage, you will enlighten them.

only problem is, you need to get multiple copies of OFP before you convince them to buy one. or use demo missions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (m16a2m203 @ April 14 2003,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just noticed your sig Tex, thought you might find this interesting  -  NM v. Tx<span id='postcolor'>

Yea..... Texas sucks at football

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 14 2003,03:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (m16a2m203 @ April 14 2003,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just noticed your sig Tex, thought you might find this interesting  -  NM v. Tx<span id='postcolor'>

Yea..... Texas sucks at football<span id='postcolor'>

Fuck off with yer 'Sooners' lol- We're going to kick your ass this year. Never trust a state whose motto is based on real-estate fraud LOL

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 14 2003,02wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">only problem is, you need to get multiple copies of OFP before you convince them to buy one. or use demo missions.<span id='postcolor'>

Multiplayer demo? I think that's enough wink.gif.

I know why most of my friends (the ones that play games) dont get into OFP: time commitment. They are all in a MOH clan, and they play it all the time. Setting up a MP game of OFP (besides the mutiple Versions that have to be matched) can take a bit of time, than you die quicly and have to wait a long time to get into again, if spawn isnt activated.

I play mostly Coop with One friend and thats it... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 13 2003,23:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 14 2003,03:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (m16a2m203 @ April 14 2003,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just noticed your sig Tex, thought you might find this interesting  -  NM v. Tx<span id='postcolor'>

Fuck off with yer 'Sooners' lol- We're going to kick your ass this year. Never trust a state whose motto is based on real-estate fraud LOL<span id='postcolor'>

You tell 'em Tex!! tounge.gif Those sooners are gonna get their ass handed to them!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 14 2003,23:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 13 2003,23:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 14 2003,03:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (m16a2m203 @ April 14 2003,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just noticed your sig Tex, thought you might find this interesting  -  NM v. Tx<span id='postcolor'>

Fuck off with yer 'Sooners' lol- We're going to kick your ass this year. Never trust a state whose motto is based on real-estate fraud LOL<span id='postcolor'>

You tell 'em Tex!!  tounge.gif  Those sooners are gonna get their ass handed to them!!<span id='postcolor'>

That would be a first wink.gif ..... or 2nd or something

Its hard to get Newfies to like this game, cause most of 'em are just like hippies except they live on an island... and fish all the time. I guess OFP wouldn't intrest such a odd group of people. Unless there was a fishing mod of course. biggrin.gif

I managed to convince 4 of my mates to play on a Lan.  We get together twice a year to play as two of them live quite far away.

However two of us play regularily on our own MP missions - usually cooperative.

You really have to be committed to play the game.  We play it for the totally immersive environment and the simulation aspect.  Not as some arcade shooter.

It is the only game that I keep coming back to again again and I had it on the day of release.

I just can't wait for OFP2.  smile.gif

The demo got me hooked, then when I finally got the full game, I was glued to my computer. Seriously, I must have played through half the campaign in one day! biggrin.gif I hardly noticed I was hungry until I was called down for my dinner. I took it into my room so I could eat during the game.

Three hours later, I was still playing and my dinner was cold! biggrin.gif

^ wow.gif ^

You're crazy...like that freak kid who played CS for like 80 hours straight and died. I know it's OFP, but I would never look past my food over a game smile.gif

A bud lended me his game and said: "you seen to enjoy combat games, try this one!"

I took a look at the box and though "Wow, looks awsome!!!"

while instaling i took a look at the manual and it felt very complicated, first mission was "steal the car" and it didnt look has good has the screens on back of the box, aiming was hard, enemy was invisible and deadly, interacting with houses was a pain, etc...after trying for an hour i thought UNISTALL!

Couple of days later i gave it another try and went to see the campaign, i only returned the game to my friend when Golden version came out smile.gif ,when i want to show how great this game is to a friend of mine i just load "After Montignac" in veteran mode and see their desperation while i tell em bout the features of the game, mod support, etc. It usually works smile.gif

Im 15 years old, so i have a heap of friends my age that i wanted to play online with, what i did was print out a fair few of the best screenshots concerning Operation Flashpoint i could find, mainly from the Operation Flashpoint photography thread, and stuck them in my school planner (yes im that much of a fan of this game) they ALL tottaly freaked out when they saw it, "What you can really fly that helicopter thing!?" "WOW, thats sick man your sitting in the tank!?!" "OMG, dood that plane was in Black Hawk Down!"

They seem to really like the vechiles, in the end though, all of them had POS computers and they were never really military guys that could actually make plans, work as a team and acomplish a mission, like me biggrin.gif

Convert the non belivers

OFP is amazing the reason for the game sucess is it never gets old its like GTA 3 you have freedom so even after the campaign theres plenty to do. the enviroments are amazing and the graphics are fine. im 14 and ive convinced 6 of my friends to buy the game by just letting them use my computer for 10 mins. I love the freedom thats the reason i mothballed my Rainbow 6 collection its to constrictive.

Splinter Cell, MOH and Socom:US Navy SEALS seem to be the most popular games at my school. As for converting people to games I once convinced someone to buy EE.

What pisses me off is what I saw in a GR forum. It stated that OFP2, Battlefield Vietnam and Vietcong are just copiers of GR:IT's glory. mad_o.gif

I have alot of OFP converting to do next year. wink_o.gif