Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Toyota hilux with 12.6mm mounted kord machine gun.

No! No armour! crazy.gif  biggrin.gif

Perhaps ask someone to help with the texturing if you are having a rough time.  Did you see Marfys tutorial?

Where is the tutorial? I don't want to have to use armor textures I just don't know how to make good car panels.

Just remove the scope from Kord, that makes it look just like NSV machinegun. After all isn't Kord made from NSV (they look so similar)?

hilux.jpg

Download here About 3.5mb.

Readme.txt

Toyota Hilux pack version 1.1 by Lt Damage

__

1 x Toyota Hilux with DShK 12.7mm heavy machine gun mounted.

Normal tyres, normal engine, speed limit of 120. <-- The technical everyone wanted.

1 x Toyota Hilux "Sport" with DShK 12.7mm heavy machine gun mounted.

Larger sized tyres, V8 engine, blower on the bonet, speed limit of about 300.

Likes all terrain. <------- The fun version I intended to make originally before someone decided to call this a "technical" in one of the forums smile.gif

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the addon. It took me a very long time to make and as such probably won't have that much time to make more. I may release updates on this sometimes though.

This addon is featured in missions on OGN's Flashpoint Resistance server. http://league.ogn.com.au for details (Check OFP Forums).

Credits:

SelectThis, thank you for kindly allowing me to use that nice DShK smile.gif (Sorry I had to kind of stretch it and do rude things to it.)

PRiME, assistance with some of the textures.

TheShadow, for trying to help me with those EVIL EVIL config.cpp files. Why does ONE "};" matter?!?!

And all the guys who helped me test it on OGN.

Cheers,

Well just tried it out it is way better then the last one my favuirote one is the sports edtion cos you can catch some major air in thoses nogova hills well done! smile.gif

Just wanted to let you know we all appreciate the hard work you put into this, it has definately paid off. I look forward to future versions/mods.

Far better that the last one.

Now they can swarm around the new MH47 and have some serious gunfights!

biggrin.gif

Me and the boys will be out in the hills looking for BAS helicopters in our new work trucks tonight!

biggrin.gif

Seriously, very nice work. I cant believe its the same truck.

Good taste in gun too, it's like ya read my mind! biggrin.gif

I love it! great work, you got it just right this time (this work is up there with Mechanics civvie cars) Although i'd like a more beat up version, scratched paint dusty wind-shields and stuff like that. Great job man!

Nice work can you also make 1 other version remove the DSHK machine gun add cargo places at behind the truck like in the movie BHD where the cargo stands and make it full add place to 10/12 persons that can ride in the back wink.gif

Ok I will probably have an update for you late this evening.

Did you want the Hilux sport as the one without the MG or the normal one?

And what do you mean with the cargo, sitting down on like in the 5T truck cargo space or standing up holding onto the back window area?

I had a crazy idea I'd like to try so I might have a little bonus in the next update too.

@GoOB Damn you, do you know how long I spent on these textures, I HATE texturing tounge.gif , lol, I was trying to make it look nice because when i first released it they said it looked like a piece of **** :/

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ April 23 2003,04:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I HATE texturing<span id='postcolor'>

Doesn't everybody? biggrin.gif

What I mean by cargo is on the back and that they stay but make it full 10 or 12 man in the back remove the gun on the normal 1 and remove the windblaster on the front too remove the big antenna on the front and it would be perfect for BHD missions wink.gif

I just wanted to say, OUTSTANDING work Lt. Dammage! I really loved the improvements you made to this technical. I also appreciate it that you removed that turbocharger air-intake on the hood. I saw a screenshot with that on it, and I thought to myself, "NOOOOO!!! Somali/Iraqi technicals look like normal Toyotas". But I was pleasantly surprised that when I played your addon, it indeed looked quite normal and infact aside from a few rough areas inside, it looked outstanding. I also love that you decided to use the DShK and you got the gun to rotate properly on it.

The engine sound is a tiny bit strange, but still not too bad. The gun sounds good also. I also like that you put in the cargo areas behind the front seats to hold passengers. Nice tough there. I just made an Afghanistan mission using it where I put in several empty Toyotas but with Taliban gunners and drivers. It really looked sweet seeing the "technicals" pop up from behind buildings or hills and then seeing my men engage them with rockets, grenades and machine gun fire.

Anyhoo... there is really very little I can find wrong with this addon other then very minor things. This is one addon that has been badly needed for a long time.

Keep up the outstanding work!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The only things that I would like to see are an Iraqi pink one(because thats hilarious and it was an actual vehicle they encountered) and some kind of militia cammo version.

But these are just ideas.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ April 23 2003,15:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just wanted to say, OUTSTANDING work Lt. Dammage!    I really loved the improvements you made to this technical.   I also appreciate it that you removed that turbocharger air-intake on the hood.   I saw a screenshot with that on it, and I thought to myself, "NOOOOO!!! Somali/Iraqi technicals look like normal Toyotas".    But I was pleasantly surprised that when I played your addon, it indeed looked quite normal and infact aside from  a few rough areas inside, it looked outstanding.    I also love that you decided to use the DShK and you got the gun to rotate properly on it.

The engine sound is a tiny bit strange, but still not too bad.  The gun sounds good also.   I also like that you put in the cargo areas behind the front seats to hold passengers.  Nice tough there.    I just made an Afghanistan mission using it where I put in several empty Toyotas but with Taliban gunners and drivers.     It really looked sweet seeing the "technicals" pop up from behind buildings or hills and then seeing my men engage them with rockets, grenades and machine gun fire.  

Anyhoo... there is really very little I can find wrong with this addon other then very minor things.  This is one addon that has been badly needed for a long time.

Keep up the outstanding work!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

Thanks, I was kind of bracing myself for another beating like when this was first released. smile.gif

I know there are some small problems, I did not think it necessary to point them out, I am working on them, and if you notice they are fixed in the next version then you know I was able to do it. e.g (No idea why the gun sight is off, looks ok in Oxygen)

Not sure what you mean by "removing the turbocharger"

The addon has two versions included under "WOLF Addons - Vehicles"

The Toyota Hilux DShK 12.7mm machine gun and also Toyota Hilux Sport 12.7mm.

The sport has the turbocharger on the top, fatter tyres, v8 engine sounds, higher top speed and its handling has been adjusted so it can to some nice slides on corners and keep most of it's momentum.

So yeah there are two types that comer with the back smile.gif

Once again, thanks for your feedback smile.gif

Great job with this toyota and nice that finally someone made something different.

I know it sucks to complain but now that you mentioned that you're going to do some improvements, could you please also modify it so that it's not so fast off road? At the moment it's the one of the fastest vehicles on and offroad, and that's ruining the realism quite much.

Well I will be reducing the effectiveness of the normal hilux in the next update, that was always planned, simply forgot smile.gif

The Sport will remain fast offroad though, any car can get speed offroad its just whether it loses control, it is less realistic to have it going 15km an hour like the BIS cars and motorbikes.

The Toyota Sport is supposed to be 4WD so its great for offroad.

nice work LT, its my fave vehicle for terrain scouting. just need a dog addon for the back now tounge.gif

dont know if it can be done but maybe disable manual fire from the drivers seat. thatd be 1 long lanky arm to reach the trigger from there.