Sign in to follow this  
Oligo

Mid east answer to america's army?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (the_unknown_one @ April 07 2003,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what i found offensive was the stereotyping of middle eastern people. Ive never been there but i'm sure theres loadsa people who arent terrorists.<span id='postcolor'>

I suggest you read Icefire's post again. He didn't call everyone terrorists. He said this is a game made by terrorists with the intent of promoting terrorism.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (the_unknown_one @ April 07 2003,20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">in that case, dont buy this game.please.<span id='postcolor'>

cancel-button.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Reuters @ avon's link)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Eight-year-old Hussein Osman said he liked the game because it featured real fighters and "because it kills Israelis."

"I can be a resistance fighter, even though in real life I don't want to do that," he said.

<span id='postcolor'>

well, says it all. giving them fantasy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"The goal is to create an alternative to similar Western games where Arabs and Muslims are portrayed as terrorists," he said. <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"It lets zealous youth, or those who didn't get the chance to be part of the resistance, to participate," Zein said, adding it was not intended to intimidate Israel. <span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"This game reminds us of the fighters and their suffering. It also entertains us and sends the Jews a message of defiance," said Maher Khalil, 22.

"To me it's a message more than a game," he said.

<span id='postcolor'>

and i gotta tell you, being a moderator, i saw plenty of underages acting mature and plenty of mature ppl acting like a kid wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First players train at a war college to use guns and grenades by aiming at pictures of Sharon, as well as Israeli Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz and former Defense Minister Benyamin Ben-Eliezer<span id='postcolor'>

wonder if Sharon gets booted out of office, they will have patch upgrade. tounge.gif

What happened to the good old games where u see anyone u shot them huh,Like in raven shield where ur fighting against evil nazi type ppl and has stupid bits interlaced through the story confused.gif

oh well it was only a matter of time before the middle eastern folk made a game to counter AA tounge.gif

I don't think there is anything wrong with sticking the boot on the other foot and kicking some arse in it. Besides the kind of kids that go on to a career in terrorism aren't the ones that are sat at home playing computer games in safety, they are the kids whose families are being killed by US or US allied forces. A kid who plays a computer game where he shoots Ariel Sharon in the head is far less inclined to actually shoot him in the head than a kid who just had his house bulldozed over.

Everyone remember Soldier of Fortune? The first one? Saddam Hussein was in that game and you also got to kill lots of arabs in very gruesome ways. So, I dont see anything wrong with putting a bullet in that wrinkly turtle of a man, Ariel Sharon. As long as its all in good fun smile.gif

I doubt anyone will play this game while shouting "GRAAA DIE INFIDELS, MY HATRED FOR YOU IS GREAT!"

Ive seen plenty of people saying similar things about "ragheads" in games, but it was in jest and not out of hatred ie "Woot! got me a raggie!"

You don't want to touch that.  Don't know where it's been. tounge.gif

Well if i was the makers i'd sack the idiot who is doing their webdesign ... it looks like the site for some shoarma restaurant in downtown amsterdam. Very poor job. The game looks so so. The part i find most stupid is that they find it hurtfull when arabs are being betrayed as terrorists ..... comming from the HEZBOLLAH?!?!?!? I would wager that if they never excisted that stereotyping would be allot less.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ April 07 2003,20:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Everyone remember Soldier of Fortune? The first one? Saddam Hussein was in that game and you also got to kill lots of arabs in very gruesome ways. So, I dont see anything wrong with putting a bullet in that wrinkly turtle of a man, Ariel Sharon. As long as its all in good fun smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes indeed. Soldier of Fortune was even a step beyond that. If you killed civilians in the NYC subway you failed the game while killing Arab and African civilians was ok.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes indeed. Soldier of Fortune was even a step beyond that. If you killed civilians in the NYC subway you failed the game while killing Arab and African civilians was ok. <span id='postcolor'>

Quite, many UK magazines picked up on that and the developers just shrugged!

As for this game, I wouldn't mind sampling it. A computer game from a terroist organisation is going to arouse curiosity. Shame they didn't make it compatible with America's Army!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 08 2003,03:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes indeed. Soldier of Fortune was even a step beyond that. If you killed civilians in the NYC subway you failed the game while killing Arab and African civilians was ok. <span id='postcolor'>

As for this game, I wouldn't mind sampling it. A computer game from a terroist organisation is going to arouse curiosity. Shame they didn't make it compatible with America's Army!<span id='postcolor'>

You pay money for it and you will be directly financially supporting terrorism.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 08 2003,05:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ April 08 2003,03wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes indeed. Soldier of Fortune was even a step beyond that. If you killed civilians in the NYC subway you failed the game while killing Arab and African civilians was ok. <span id='postcolor'>

As for this game, I wouldn't mind sampling it. A computer game from a terroist organisation is going to arouse curiosity. Shame they didn't make it compatible with America's Army!<span id='postcolor'>

You pay money for it and you will be directly financially supporting terrorism.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't be so suburban. You support terrorism every time you fill up your gas tank.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 07 2003,23:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You pay money for it and you will be directly financially supporting terrorism.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yeah..., reality bites right. Can't control the whole world yet? A few more years and no one but USA will have game developers. wink.gif

If I buy anything from the states I support the US terrorist forces too? wow.gifwow.gif I'm so scared.

How do you support terrorism when you fill up your gas tank?

Who get's the money when you get gas? The gas people.

Hizbollah makes this game, Hizbollah is a terrorist organization.

When you buy this game from Hizbollah, you are giving money to a terrorist organization. You are buying a game from a terrorist organization.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ April 08 2003,06:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A few more years and no one but USA will have game developers.<span id='postcolor'>

................. and the Czech Republic! crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ April 08 2003,07:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and Netherland<span id='postcolor'>

Is that where BIS has their tax haven account? tounge.gif

"Who get's the money when you get gas?  The gas people."

The gas people? Who's that exactly, Ice Fire?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How do you support terrorism when you fill up your gas tank?

Who get's the money when you get gas? The gas people.

Hizbollah makes this game, Hizbollah is a terrorist organization.

When you buy this game from Hizbollah, you are giving money to a terrorist organization. You are buying a game from a terrorist organization.<span id='postcolor'>

Considering that the US has been supporting our bomb toting chums over in Ireland for years, and still bloody does! (Although its dropped since 11/9. Seems people realised that terror attacks weren't that much fun, and it only took the deaths of 3000 people for them to learn! )

Besides, does that make it okay to pirate it? I'll be stealing from Hizbollah, I'm sure Bush will give me a medal and a kiss!

Well i'm glad that they have learnt to express their anger through computer games, i agree that these will probably keep them off the streets ... and walls.

Don't admit to playing those awful new Delta Force games but if you have did it fill you with inspiration to go kill some 'ragheads'? If you are normal people then you should think no it doesn't.