Sign in to follow this  
Oligo

Mid east answer to america's army?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ April 07 2003,14:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this is not a screenshot of special force.<span id='postcolor'>

It is indeed a screenshot of a Novalogic DF desert night SP mission.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 06 2003,15:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ April 07 2003,14:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this is not a screenshot of special force.<span id='postcolor'>

It is indeed a screenshot of a Novalogic DF desert night SP mission.<span id='postcolor'>

DF2 tp be exact smile.gif

I remember that mission biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 07 2003,09:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">here ya go:

screen002.jpg

screen003.jpg

screen004.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Heheh nice Half-Life mod tounge.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ April 07 2003,13:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 07 2003,09:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 07 2003,09:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So help me this looks like it was cloned out of Delta Force:

arab1.jpg

Hey! Novalogic! C'm here! wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe Novalogic licensed their DF2 engine to a Hezbollah? Who knows- maybe Osama will license the Lithtec engine and make his own game  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

this is not a screenshot of special force.<span id='postcolor'>

yeah, I uh kind of figured that out... two posts later. Thank you though, glad I have folks around here to keep me on the straight and narrow.

This is VERY wierd.

Who is making this game? A terrorist organization??

How much does the game cost?

I would indeed play this just to see what it is like. What kind of propoganda they are using. Is this a terrorist training game intended to train young future terrorists?

If so then it may even be made illegal or banned.

Where is this game being made? In the US???

Could I find this game in a store in the mall?? If so I find that very disturbing.

I like a challenge and what could be a greater challenge than a game where the world's most sophisticated military is the bad guy? If you can take on a carrier battle group with nowt but a WW2 rifle and a backpack full of grenades you can take on anything.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 07 2003,19:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who is making this game?  A terrorist organization??<span id='postcolor'>

Hizbalah Arts. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How much does the game cost?<span id='postcolor'>

You can get it free if you show up at the distributor with an explosive belt on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What kind of propoganda they are using.<span id='postcolor'>

Big bad mean Zionist infidels will finally feel the wrath of Allah.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this a terrorist training game intended to train young future terrorists?<span id='postcolor'>

You must've read the GameSpot preview.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If so then it may even be made illegal or banned.<span id='postcolor'>

Go ahead and ban it. See what happens to you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where is this game being made? In the US???<span id='postcolor'>

I'll give you a hint: I'm south of zee border.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could I find this game in a store in the mall??<span id='postcolor'>

Right next to the Burger Sultan fast food stand.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If so I find that very disturbing.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the boxes do get a little greasy from the kids after eating fries.

If i know what Avon is talking about, i agree. Just because is Israeli (is it israeli?) that doesnt mean its terrorist. Y r u stereotyping people? I think it was a bit harsh to do that. I think it should have been removed by the mods (i'm probably talking out of my arse here) as it was stereotyping middle eastern people (I really hope im ot insulting anyone here) as terrorists. That is Just Wrong. So piss off. PLease.

The_unknown_one

This post relates to the one posted by Icefire on page two of this discussion. If this has insulted anyone (except IceFire) because of what i have written about middle eastern people then I am deeply sorry.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (the_unknown_one @ April 07 2003,20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If i know what Avon is talking about, i agree.<span id='postcolor'>

If I knew what you were talking about then I could respond to it. wink.gif

No offense but I found your post hard to understand. What's your native language?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (the_unknown_one @ April 07 2003,20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"No women, no children" - Leon<span id='postcolor'>

Now they tell me! crazy.gif

What the hell are you talking about unknown one??

You sure are talking out of your arse because I can hardly understand your post.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 07 2003,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What the hell are you talking about unknown one??

You sure are talking out of your arse because I can hardly understand your post.<span id='postcolor'>

If I understand you correctly, you understand me. tounge.gif

Ok, I just read your post again. You saying I'M steriotyping middle eastern people???

Read their fucking site! It talks about killing Israelis and ariel sharon and teaching kids about palestinian martyrs.

They clearly said they wanted to teach kids about the cause and includes training where you can shoot target practice at Ariel Sharon.

Do a search on google.

It admits it wants to teach kids to be terrorists so why dont you shut up?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ April 07 2003,20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thats it. Now im really confused<span id='postcolor'>

You shouldn't have stuck your avatar head in here. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 07 2003,19:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 07 2003,20wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What the hell are you talking about unknown one??

You sure are talking out of your arse because I can hardly understand your post.<span id='postcolor'>

If I understand you correctly, you understand me. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No no avon lady I was talking to that other guy who just was talking to me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 07 2003,20:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No no avon lady I was talking to that other guy who just was talking to me.<span id='postcolor'>

Never mind. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ April 07 2003,19:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, maybe you are right.<span id='postcolor'>

Well of course i am ... wow.gifconfused.gif

ok im sorry. my native language is english. i live in fuking england for christs sake. icefire, i just didnt like the way u sed wat u sed. It sounded like you meant tto say that all midle eastern people are terrorists and they al want to make terrorist games but i didnt think that was possible. I was trying (although feebly) to stick up for avonlady, because the way she wrote the post after yours was as if to mock you because you had offended er. i am sorry. again. but i doubt they are trying to make people terrorists. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> doubt they are trying to make people terrorists.

<span id='postcolor'>This certainly belongs to the "Mid East thread" But i belive they are.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (the_unknown_one @ April 07 2003,20:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was trying (although feebly) to stick up for avonlady, because the way she wrote the post after yours was as if to mock you because you had offended er.<span id='postcolor'>

Icefire didn't offend me but - yeh - I was mocking him. tounge.gif

But seriously folks........................

This game is put out by Hizbalah, one of the most dangerous terrorist organizations in the world today. Here is the Reuters article on the game.

Now, what is it that Icefire said that you find offensive?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (the_unknown_one @ April 07 2003,19:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but i doubt they are trying to make people terrorists. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Here's a link.

http://www.parallaxonline.org/techvideogame.html

I think when you let kids try to shoot the Prime minister of Isreal, that is very terroristy.

Here's a quote from the makers of the game.

"Rayya said that the decision to produce the game was made by top Hizbullah officials, who believe that resistance against the Israelis wasn't limited to actual military actions.

'This game is resisting the Israeli occupation through the media,' he added.

Rayya said that the game would introduce the resistance to young people.

"In a way, Special Force offers a mental and personal training for those who play it, allowing them to feel that they are in the shoes of the resistance fighters,' Rayya said."

Hmm, putting kids in the shoes of palestinian terrorists is not trying to encourage terrorism?

They have openly admitted that this game is designed as propoganda to rally youth to terrorists in palestine.

what i found offensive was the stereotyping of middle eastern people. Ive never been there but i'm sure theres loadsa people who arent terrorists.

The_unknown_one