Sign in to follow this  
Aeon

Chopper targeted by machine gunner

As written in the title, I would like to know how my choppers could be targeted and engaged by infantry machine gunner. I looked at its config.cpp but I didn't find... confused.gif

Yes i also would like to know cos it is required for my mod

add the line

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">accuracy=x.xx;<span id='postcolor'>

where x.xx is anything greater than 1 (the higher it is the better the helo, but the more it gets shot at

I used a figure of 5 for the nam pack helis, in other tests that also worked for most of the BIS helis. Only the Hind remained untargetted (Guess the AI thought the Hind was too nasty to shoot at wink.gif)

SelectThis

Guest BratZ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeadMeatXM2 @ April 05 2003,20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">add the line

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">accuracy=x.xx;<span id='postcolor'>

where x.xx is anything greater than 1 (the higher it is the better the helo, but the more it gets shot at<span id='postcolor'>

But that goes against the Bis cfgvehicles.Heres some clips from it....

accuracy=0; // accuracy needed to recognize type of this target

class M113Ambul: M113

{

//--

accuracy=1000; // never recognized

From reading that ...setting it to 0 would make it easily recognized

(unless its backwards meaning the ambulance won't recognize other targets,but I am to assume it means others wont recognize the ambulance as an enemy)

I think this is the item you may want to play around with....

//threat[] VSoft, VArmor, VAir

threat[]={0.5, 0.2, 1.0};

Changing that I can make my planes target other planes priority or tanks,soldiers etc...

These settings are also important:

audible=0.05;

camouflage=1; // how easy to spot -> bigger means better spotable

Bratz...

no... basically...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">threat[]={0.5, 0.2, 1.0};<span id='postcolor'> defines which type of unit the unit will attack first...

so if the threat values were

threat[]={1, 0.1, 0.1};

then your unit would prioritise attacking men, and not go near Armour or Air units

if it were

threat[]={0.1, 1.0, 0.1};

Then your unit would mainly attack Armoured units

and if

threat[]={0.1, 0.1, 1.0};

Then your unit would act as an anti-air unit...

the </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">audible=0.05;

camouflage=1;<span id='postcolor'>

values simply define how easy it is for the AI to detect the unit in order to engage it...

trust us, it is the accuracy values that define whether or not the AI will engage the helicopter with light Mg's or any form of handheld weapon... without the accuracy being set to above 2 or 3 the AI WILL NOT engage the helicopter... no matter what other settings you give it... it will be ignored...

As for the BIS commented config notes, they dont allways make sense:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">accuracy=0; // accuracy needed to recognize type of this target<span id='postcolor'>

this actually means that the "accuracy" line in the cpp is needed to allow the AI to recognise the unit

and

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">accuracy=1000; // never recognized<span id='postcolor'>

must mean that above certain valuse the accuracy once again causes the unit to become ignored...

I can't give a definate answer on this, as I have, like SelectThis, only really experimented with this in a region between 0 and about 20...

Guest BratZ

Yes...You said the same thing I did.I understood the Threat and such already. The comments doesn't always make sense

Thats why if it wasnt for pioneers testing the stuff we would never know.

I know you guys have worked with this alot,thats why in another message I pointed it to here saying I wasnt sure.

What your saying makes sense, must be the enemy AI would figure that its a normal threat if the accuracy is set between 0-4 which is mostly used in the houses,vehicles and soldiers of a lower level.

The bis cfgvehicles doesnt appear to be uniform.

Heres one from the UH60mg:

class UH60MG: UH60

{

//--

displayName=$STR_DN_UH60_MG;

nameSound="blackhawk";

accuracy=1000;

model="uh-60mg";

Maybe the Hind is defined as UH60mg?

Heres one from normal UH60:

class UH60: Helicopter

{

//--

scope=public;

crew = SoldierWPilot;

picture=iuh60;

maxSpeed = 270;

side=TWest;

displayName=$STR_DN_UH60;

nameSound="blackhawk";

accuracy=0.30;

class SoldierWMiner: SoldierWB

{

//--

picture=iminer;

displayName=$STR_DN_ENGINEER;

accuracy=1000; // never recognize

class SoldierWSaboteur: SoldierWB

{

scope = protected;

picture=isaboteur;

accuracy=3.5; // hard to recognize

class SoldierWSniper: SoldierWB

{

//--

picture=isniper;

displayName=$STR_DN_SNIPER;

nameSound="sniper";

accuracy=3.5; // hard to recognize

class SoldierWAA: SoldierWLAW

{

//-- western soldier with AA missile

picture=isaa;

displayName=$STR_DN_AA_SOLDIER;

nameSound="missileSoldier";

accuracy=1.5;

class SoldierWCrew: SoldierWB

{

//--

picture=icrew;

model="MC tankistaW2";

nameSound="crew";

accuracy=1000; // never recognize

Why would the UH60Mg get ignored? Doesnt make sense.

Myself I also think cost must have something to do with it also.The higher the cost the more priority I think. My planes seem to choose the largest tank first when it comes to bombing.

class iegf4u: A10

{

accuracy=.5;

But yet soldiers shoot at me?

Must be because of this: cost=200000;

Yes more cost = you have more the ennemis engage it quikly smile.gif

I know it's been a dead topic for a while now. Another factor I've found as to a helo being targeted by a machine gunner is it's armour level.

Hmmm ... old thread ....... !! DANGER: Mod Approaching !!

but in reading this I see the boys have missed some important factors.

For the WEAPON used these values are important;

hit=92; indirectHit=50; indirectHitRange=15;

Only because if the values arent "low" enough for the TARGET vehicle;

cost=2000000; armor=500; armorStructural=4.0;

Then the AI won't attack.

As you lower the armor value you'll find the AI will begin to attack the vehicle, but of course you then have a "weak" vehicle.

The trick here is to raise the armorStructural value which sort of strengthens the vehicle but still allows units to fire at it. Easy! 'ish smile_o.gif