Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas kiowawarriors released!

confused.gif

I think there is a way to use the script on any helicopter.  You just have to execute the script by putting some stuff in the helicopter's INIT line, although I'm not sure what.  I could verify this and give you exact details but I'm too lazy smile.gif

thumbs-up.gif

-iCe-

*cough* read the readme... *cough*

Guest jacobaby

**cough***

And dont forget the readme may not be quite right......

**cough**

If you would like exact details on how to get the dust to work with your mission, please feel free to mail or PM me, or see my post further back on the thread.

TJ

EDIT; while I think of it, you could also use the burning script for any type of vehicle, again, feel free to ask.

The only thing I really don't like is that in the .50-caliber version you can't really use the laserdesignator. The gunners view is fixed, making the ld quite useless..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Peanut @ April 09 2003,13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only thing I really don't like is that in the .50-caliber version you can't really use the laserdesignator. The gunners view is fixed, making the ld quite useless..<span id='postcolor'>

well, using

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this removeweapon "LaserDesignatorOH"<span id='postcolor'>

in the helo´s init kinda solves it...

pang you missunderstood me, I want to use the kiowas laserdesignator, but in the .50-versions you won't be able to turn it, while flying into another direction...

thats right, i could not make it posible in the beginnings of devlopents of the kiowa pack months ago it gave problems with the gun.

peanut, it´s known for ages now, that you cant have two (the laserdesignator is viewed as a gun by the game engine) on a vehicle wink.gif

Ah, to clarify my previous post: I know how to add the dust script when making a mission. Its not hard, a simple exec line in the editor.

What I was referring to was if it were possible to add the script to existing missions in the singleplayer campain.

yes u can...but u have to badly despretly want it.

depbo the campaign.... find every mission that ever used a helo, add that script to every mission that ever used a helo. then repbo the campaign (make a backup of the old one) and replace it..then..mabe..just mabe.. u can play a rolling campaign (one mission after another) with that script working. the mabe part is i dunno if it will carry over.. like one mission ends the next begins

To Tall: you dont need to do any of that stuff. If you don't belive me, go to DKM-mods website (I can't remember offhand at the moment) and search the january archives. They should have a download for a addon which adds the effect to all BIS choppers. Its actually what im using currently. I don't however know how in the hell they made the addon, however-which is why i'm asking if a smart fellow from BAS (or anyone with bas's permission) could make the same with their downwash effect.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adviss @ April 10 2003,20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To Tall: you dont need to do any of that stuff. If you don't belive me, go to DKM-mods website (I can't remember offhand at the moment) and search the january archives. They should have a download for a addon which adds the effect to all BIS choppers. Its actually what im using currently. I don't however know how in the hell they made the addon, however-which is why i'm asking if a smart fellow from BAS (or anyone with bas's permission) could make the same with their downwash effect.<span id='postcolor'>

DKM didnt add them to the official choppers, they made new versions with the script added, by 'new' i mean they arent the helicopters used in, say, the campaigns.

*checks singleplayer campain*

-drats. your right. *sigh*. I guess I hadn't actually fired that up in a while, I mostly just goof around with the editor. My mistake!

Its still a nice script addon though. To make this post a bit more worthwhile I might as well ask a question- what the hell is the advantage of laser targeting using the OH-58, anyways? The apaches dont recognize the target unless their 1000 meters or closer. By that time, theyve already picked out several targets in the area and engaged them already. yes, they do engage the laser target if following close behind me, but I was originally hoping I could sneak into the area with the OH-58, lass the target, and call in my choppers to engage from 2+ kilometers away. argh. Any suggestions?

I think the sounds on the BAS m4's are not very accurate.. man i was watching discovery channel modern weapons.. they were shooting M4 ACOG Scopes, that the 502nd 101st Airbourne use and they sound more like a popping noise.. and the muzzle didnt flash every time a bullet came out.. and they were firing live ammunition.. it was practice rounds. I really like the textures on the M4's, they just sound so "Black Hawk Down'y" and we all know your motto is "BHD was 10 years ago, we aint making addons for that" so... any chance of an updated sound for the m4??

and the SAW and m240 sounds.. I STRONGLY SUGGEST THOSE SOUNDS BE CHANGED. THEY SOUND LIKE PUNKS.

you can just DEPBO BAS_wep, and put your own sounds in there, thats what I did, I replaced all the bas sounds with real ones, they sound much better  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Landwarrior87 @ April 11 2003,05:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the sounds on the BAS m4's are not very accurate.. man i was watching discovery channel modern weapons.. they were shooting M4 ACOG Scopes, that the 502nd 101st Airbourne use and they sound more like a popping noise.. and the muzzle didnt flash every time a bullet came out.. and they were firing live ammunition.. it was practice rounds. I really like the textures on the M4's, they just sound so "Black Hawk Down'y" and we all know your motto is "BHD was 10 years ago, we aint making addons for that" so... any chance of an updated sound for the m4??

and the SAW and m240 sounds.. I STRONGLY SUGGEST THOSE SOUNDS BE CHANGED. THEY SOUND LIKE PUNKS.<span id='postcolor'>

Well you watch discovery and we have our own militairy advisor, now lest listen to discovery then instead of the advisor? crazy.gif if its all that bad change the sounds yourself it aint that hard as long as you wont release the pack with that sounds on it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ April 11 2003,08:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Landwarrior87 @ April 11 2003,05wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the sounds on the BAS m4's are not very accurate.. man i was watching discovery channel modern weapons.. they were shooting M4 ACOG Scopes, that the 502nd 101st Airbourne use and they sound more like a popping noise.. and the muzzle didnt flash every time a bullet came out.. and they were firing live ammunition.. it was practice rounds. I really like the textures on the M4's, they just sound so "Black Hawk Down'y" and we all know your motto is "BHD was 10 years ago, we aint making addons for that" so... any chance of an updated sound for the m4??

and the SAW and m240 sounds.. I STRONGLY SUGGEST THOSE SOUNDS BE CHANGED. THEY SOUND LIKE PUNKS.<span id='postcolor'>

Well you watch discovery and we have our own militairy advisor, now lest listen to discovery then instead of the advisor?  crazy.gif  if its all that bad change the sounds yourself it aint that hard as long as you wont release the pack with that sounds on it<span id='postcolor'>

Dude, be open to constructive criticism. Those sounds do sound very "videogamelike".

Yes, we know you have a military advisor, but you don't need any military training to listen to a sound of a gun being fired in a documentary and know it sounds very different to what's coming out of your PC speakers tounge.gif

Yes we are open to construtive critisim... but God F**king damnit... This thread is about the KIOWA WARRIORS not the god damm delta/ranger pack... the same thing happened on opflashpoint.org, and ended up in a flame war and the thread being locked...

Now, use the BAS Updates thread for any posts like that Landwarrior...

and lets get back ontopic of the Kiowa Warrior pack... else i'll get this thread locked down...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adviss @ April 11 2003,01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its still a nice script addon though. To make this post a bit more worthwhile I might as well ask a question- what the hell is the advantage of laser targeting using the OH-58, anyways? The apaches dont recognize the target unless their 1000 meters or closer. By that time, theyve already picked out several targets in the area and engaged them already. yes, they do engage the laser target if following close behind me, but I was originally hoping I could sneak into the area with the OH-58, lass the target, and call in my choppers to engage from 2+ kilometers away. argh. Any suggestions?<span id='postcolor'>

The point of laser targeter in OFP is that you can engage everything with it. You can't lock hellfires to building but with the help of laser targeter you can do that. Also Apache's engagement range depends on how much your view distance setting is.

i seen news on BAS site i gotta say its really nice to hear that you will relise some good stuff that i liked smile.gif

btw will MH-47E be able to take Jeep in cargo?

i was asking was it going to be updated.. no need to get all "(Insert Word Here)" yehp my fault for puttin in Kiowa's thread but o well...

any tutorials on how to change the sound?

First of all a big virtual hug to all you BAS guys and thanks for your excellent addons!

In using the Kiowas, I stumbled over a bug/quirk and also, a solution:

Problem: getting "missing addons"-messages when having the addon in a mod folder.

Description: putting the BAS_kiowapack.pbo in a "mod folder" (separate from the AddOns and/or Res/AddOns folder) will get you

a missing addons-message in every mission that uses the normal BIS OH58 helo.

Also, adding a BIS OH58 to a mission will also add an entry for "bas_kiowapack" in the

Addons (or maybe the AddonsAuto) part of the mission.sqm, even though no BAS Kiowa is in that mission.

Reason: lack of a requiredAddons[] specification in the config.cpp

Solution: add

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">requiredAddons[] = {oh58};<span id='postcolor'>

to the CfgPatches part of the config.cpp, since the Kiowapack uses resources from the BIS OH58 addon.

References:

Suma's note on requiredAddons

Avon's FAQ item on mod folders

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Killswitch @ April 26 2003,05:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First of all a big virtual hug to all you BAS guys and thanks for your excellent addons!

In using the Kiowas, I stumbled over a bug/quirk and also, a solution:

Problem: getting "missing addons"-messages when having the addon in a mod folder.

Description: putting the BAS_kiowapack.pbo in a "mod folder" (separate from the AddOns and/or Res/AddOns folder) will get you

a missing addons-message in every mission that uses the normal BIS OH58 helo.

Also, adding a BIS OH58 to a mission will also add an entry for "bas_kiowapack" in the

Addons (or maybe the AddonsAuto) part of the mission.sqm, even though no BAS Kiowa is in that mission.

Reason: lack of a requiredAddons[] specification in the config.cpp

Solution: add

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">requiredAddons[] = {oh58};<span id='postcolor'>

to the CfgPatches part of the config.cpp, since the Kiowapack uses resources from the BIS OH58 addon.

References:

Suma's note on requiredAddons

Avon's FAQ item on mod folders<span id='postcolor'>

thanks for the info, im gone discuss with the others of bas if there will be a update