Sign in to follow this  
dm

Bas kiowawarriors released!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 06 2003,13:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ April 06 2003,13:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">as regards the laser, once you have the diamond, you have to press fire again to get back to the dot while in LD mode.

Thats not something we did, its the game.

TJ<span id='postcolor'>

Yes but the dot doesn't necessarily go back to the front of the chopper where the crosshairs are. That's the problem.<span id='postcolor'>

when you target something else it turns to that position.

its the gunner that controls the laser on top of the helo.

OK. A little update. After downing the Hind with a Stinger, I right clicked to issue NO TARGET. The white dot then swiveled back front and I switched to the LTD.

Still there are problems after that with targeting and blowing up the buildings but that's a slight improvement over before.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Posted: April 06 2003,12:29    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (pang @ April 06 2003,10:59)

maybe a bug?:

how come you dont hear the foxy engine startup sound when you declare your mission as a MP mission?

the sound wont play as soon as you activate the "mpgame=true" command in a mission.

did i get something wrong in the readme?

Well spotted, I'm glad people are noticing the extra effects we included.  

The foxy sound is actually a real sound from a UH-60 AUX power unit.

On the local side the sounds are run by an eventhandler. I cancelled those effects for different scripts by means of the mpgame variable, to make sure all choppers could have the effects available.

I deliberately left the sound out thinking nobody would notice (well done you!, but if you are keen to get it back, you could do this;

Unpbo the PBO and goto the folder called "Engine". Once there open the script "global.sqs"

Then put the bit that says

Code Sample  

?(mpgame):exit

AFTER the bit that says

Code Sample  

? (getpos _oh58 select 2) < 5:_oh58 say "kiopowerup"

Resave and repack the PBO and all should be fine.

<span id='postcolor'>

TJ,

i did that and it works just fine now. thanks for the tip  smile.gif

one funny thing:

i rePBOed it with makePBO v1.1 by amalfi (sry for the direct filelink, fighter and gang  wink.gif ) and the "new" pbo was about 1meg smaller.

i´ll try to put up a mirror with the mp- sound fixed version later on today, if its ok with BAS and somebody is interested.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If anybody makes any GOOD missions for MP using the KIOWAS, please could you let me have them for my server. All BAS addons are suitable, and Seb Nam, but no others please.<span id='postcolor'>

well, we have quite a lot of BAS- addon maps running on our server, that we did.

unfortunately most of them use other addons like KORD, ZU23, MTLB pack and so on...

i even got about 5 BAS only missions, that i wont be able finish, due of the lack of time sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also please note there may be an error in the readme you have.

To get the effects working properly in MP you have to run

"\BAS_Kiowapack\mpscripts\mprotorwash.sqs",

NOT "\bas_kiowapack\engine\rotorwash.sqs".

<span id='postcolor'>

wasnt that already fixed in the 1.1 readme?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (drewb99 @ April 06 2003,05:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The TH57, however, should have a back seat even if the Kiowa doesn't:

TH57.jpg

And I've hit space pleanty of times and the smoke and illumination rockets don't seem to show up  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The 'TH-57' wasnt added as a realistic interpretation of the real thing, otherwise you would have seen more model changes, what it does add is a small unarmed west chopper, so at least in MP games there is no longer the need to have the BIS OH-58 clearly showing rocket pods but having it 'unarmed'.

And that must be a problem at your end, as everyone else seems to have found them, what version of ofp are you using?

And to anyone else having problems, because of the large amount of scripts added and the features of those scripts only being added in the last few patches you will probably need 1.90 or 1.91 for the Kiowa's.

The smoking and burning effect when half damaged/downed are also extremly GREAT!!!

Those secondary explosions when the kiowa is burning on the ground!!! Nice idea!

And coming to close to the burning kiowa as Soldier!!!!  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

MEDIIIIIIC!

http://www.plankton.ch/lee/kiowaburning.jpg

Enjoying this fantastic addon while other whining on black textures.

MfG Lee smile.gif

Well , solidsnake gave me a no-cd crack (YES ! I buyed the game)

And i really see no difference , Only when a stinger gets launched , it is still in its protection

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 06 2003,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well , solidsnake gave me a no-cd crack (YES ! I buyed the game)

And i really see no difference , Only when a stinger gets launched , it is still in its protection<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO!

how can you brake your cd? get a frisbee disk instead playing around with your ofp cd... biggrin.gif

back on topic:

i found another "maybe bug" thingy in one of those MP scripts:

whenever the chopper crashes, the copilot gets thrown out.

actually its an pretty cool effect to have a crewmember like thrown out because of the physical forces, but he lays on the rotor...

is this intentional to have him thrown out, or is it a bug?

maybe he could lay besides the crashed chopper?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 06 2003,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well , solidsnake gave me a no-cd crack (YES ! I buyed the game)<span id='postcolor'>

I see moderators smacking their lips - a two for one sale! wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 06 2003,14:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 06 2003,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well , solidsnake gave me a no-cd crack (YES ! I buyed the game)<span id='postcolor'>

I see moderators smacking their lips - a two for one sale! wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If a moderator bans me or solidsnake i will ... , i will ... ,

Never mind ...  biggrin.gif

Here ppl !! if u don't believe me !!

COPY THE URL IN AN OTHER INTERNET EXPLORER WINDOW

http://www.freewebs.com/octowussy/188-8814_IMG.JPG

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 06 2003,15:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Heads up! The link in your sig banner is messed up. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 06 2003,14:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 06 2003,15:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Heads up! The link in your sig banner is messed up. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

not anymore , and check my previous post biggrin.gif i've posted a pic of my cd

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 06 2003,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here ppl !! if u don't believe me !!  

COPY THE URL IN AN OTHER INTERNET EXPLORER WINDOW

http://www.freewebs.com/octowussy/188-8814_IMG.JPG<span id='postcolor'>

Oh god! There is no doubt that this is your CD!!!

It's practically got your name written on it!  mad.gif

Advice: Don't confess that you're using CD-Cracks on the official forum..

confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 06 2003,15:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and check my previous post biggrin.gif i've posted a pic of my cd<span id='postcolor'>

Why don't you flip it over so we can see the printed side of the cracked CD?

Hmmm...............................

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 06 2003,14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 06 2003,15:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and check my previous post biggrin.gif i've posted a pic of my cd<span id='postcolor'>

Why don't you flip it over so we can see the printed side of the cracked CD?

Hmmm...............................<span id='postcolor'>

zoom on the pic you can see its not written cd-r on the back, cd-r have a very small writing of cd-r.

i see a codebar tounge.gif

with that CD crack you cant play normally....

remember about.......FADE tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ April 06 2003,14:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 06 2003,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well , solidsnake gave me a no-cd crack (YES ! I buyed the game)

And i really see no difference , Only when a stinger gets launched , it is still in its protection<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO!

how can you brake your cd? get a frisbee disk instead playing around with your ofp cd... biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

uhm... my cd also broke when I was starting up ofp.. I wanted to test some addons.. I started up and suddenly a crashing noise and i opened my cd player and pieces of resistance fell out..

Result in the pic:

http://members.home.nl/famvreuls/DSC00773.jpg

(A few weeks before this I also found a small crack in the CWC cd)

But im going to get GOTY or so.. smile.gif and then i can enjoy all the new addons such as this one.. (the kiowa is my fav chopper)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ April 06 2003,15:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ April 06 2003,14wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 06 2003,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well , solidsnake gave me a no-cd crack (YES ! I buyed the game)

LMAO!

how can you brake your cd? get a frisbee disk instead playing around with your ofp cd... biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

uhm... my cd also broke when I was starting up ofp.. I wanted to test some addons.. I started up and suddenly a crashing noise and i opened my cd player and pieces of resistance fell out..

Result in the pic:

http://members.home.nl/famvreuls/DSC00773.jpg

(A few weeks before this I also found a small crack in the CWC cd)

But im going to get GOTY or so.. smile.gif and then i can enjoy all the new addons such as this one.. (the kiowa is my fav chopper)<span id='postcolor'>

how the hell do cd drives break your cd? its just a laser looking at the cd confused.gif

..looking at a cd which rapidly spins around. I want to stress rapidly here. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 06 2003,14:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ April 06 2003,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well , solidsnake gave me a no-cd crack (YES ! I buyed the game)<span id='postcolor'>

I see moderators smacking their lips - a two for one sale! wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

A two for one sale indeed.  mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">§2.2)No discussion about cracks

This includes request for cracks, links to cracks or sites that host <span id='postcolor'>

You are post restricted until further notice, possibly permanent.

Guest jacobaby

You guys make it hard for us to sift through the comments and bug reports...........

Go play with your...errrrr....CHOPPERS !! biggrin.gif

As regards the co-pilot getting ejected, thats not deliberate, or at least I didnt script it. If it does do that take it as a bonus, you cant usually nick ammo from dead crew in choppers....

For the MH47 I was thinking of booting out all the dead AI on a crash.......if you guys dont want that just say.......and say SOON........

tounge.gif

TJ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ April 06 2003,16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">......and say SOON........

tounge.gif

TJ<span id='postcolor'>

I agree with both options!

Soon?

Soon! crazy.gif

MfG Lee wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lee_H._Oswald @ April 06 2003,13:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Enjoying this fantastic addon while other whining on black textures.<span id='postcolor'>

If you are refering to my post about the black colour choosen I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not whining! All previous pictures on Kiowas I've seen they have been painted grey/green and thats why I asked - not whined. Big difference!

This is a great addon and I've been waiting for it quite some time. Just wished I could get the Laser Designator to work in MP (with 2 players in the same Kiowa) but this is most likely an issue with the OFP game engine and nothing BAS could do anything about!

Personally I'm very greatfull since the BAS team do all their work on their free time and have decided to share it with the rest of us in the OFP communiy for the price of nothing - I mean how can anybody complain on something you gets for free?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KeyCat @ April 06 2003,16:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you are refering to my post<span id='postcolor'>

No I´m not. wink.gif

It´s just that many people talk about little things/bugs, while they didn´t saw all Features of an addon.

And colour? C´mon, Black is great. I agree that black is not = black. But it´s first(+update) release and more will come in near future.

Trust in BAS.

MfG Lee wink.gif