Sign in to follow this  

Iraqi islands

Soul Assasin wins! It is indeed a Pathway (using Paths LOD) for AI. PM me your details if you would like me to send you a CD when 1.00 is finished!

Well done smile_o.gif

Altered "Cesta" road texture. smile_o.gif

NewCesta.jpg

its prolly a pathway LOD of some kind for AI
Quote[/b] ]Soul Assasin wins! It is indeed a Pathway (using Paths LOD) for AI. PM me your details if you would like me to send you a CD when 1.00 is finished!

Heh... Nice guessing mate

Maybe alittle too good?

Nah, only jokin' tounge_o.gif

Altered "Cesta" road texture. smile_o.gif

NewCesta.jpg

Looking good Leone, Is it a new road or an existing BIS road with new textures.  BTW Great work!smile_o.gif

Existing BIS roads ("Cesta" series of roads, normally the dirt tracks) smile_o.gif

HAS update (Lighting)

HASlights.jpg

HASlights2.jpg

Not a final version, but getting close to it. Soldiers can cross over it, vehicles cannot. Soldiers will sometimes try to go around it, vehicles (particularly tanks) will go around it most times but every now and then they will get stuck. About as good as it gets.... smile_o.gif

4RA05.jpg

No idea what that's meant to be rock.gif

I meant can you show us some pics of your Iraqi maps city(s) and so ? So far we've only seen barebone military bases and so i wanna see some semi-urban stuff if you guys are making like a small oasis or anything , a small town in the desert....

smile_o.gif

Now do you understand?

Yep....and I'm not planning on any of that on my islands. Dunno where you got that pic from....but maybe use that island instead (whatever it is) smile_o.gif

There might be that sort of stuff on any other islands that may or may not be included in the mod, but I'm really not too interested in building that sort of island. Huge big open flat deserts...that's the brief, that's what I'm making :P

Oh, and before anyone asks ('cos this keeps on being asked), no, we are not going to make Bagdad!

Ah damn , you guys are like making Gulf War 1 right?

I think making small towns , with a little bit of urban stuff like a factory or house or two would be very indeed.

So will you guys make a Kuwait island then ? It is surely a must for the MOD if you are to make a campaign based on the 1st Gulf War.

P.S: That pic is mine (view the combat phtography thread for more wink_o.gif ) , i made it by scavenging different addons and merging them in together tounge_o.gif

Hopefully the island will include enough flat areas for us to build our own urban areas in the editor...that would be cool.  wink_o.gif

Yep, you will have enough things to play with to produce a very nice urban area.

Kuwait? Yes we did have someone who was working on a very nice map....but they have gone AWOL for a few months now. That's life over the net...and it's a shame sad_o.gif

Third World Explosion (3WX) is looking for OFP architects to work on Middle Eastern style buildings for our first third world region. 3WX products are free to all modmakers and hopefully all modmakers will be happy to contribute to the 3WX inventory.

3WX will act as a clearinghouse for editor objects and mapmakers. Feel free to use our products and to contribute to the inventory.

Think of it as a construction yard and nursery for map and modmakers offering you nothing but the best buildings, trees, bushes and assorted editor objects. Third world immersion and realism is our goal.

Leone, I'm nearing completion on a highly detailed Middle Eastern style coffee shop and have a nice mosque completed already (though its a retex of someone else's model). The coffee shop is entirely original. Let me know if you are interested in it.

Probably! smile_o.gif I'm not really up to that stage yet. I've still got quite a few bits to add to the airbase map, but most of the layout/design work is done (read: I know where everything is going to go, just have to sit down and do it). The mountains map still has quite a bit of work to be done.

One of the donated items we have is most of the CAT buildings (thx CAT smile_o.gif ). I haven't even started on those yet...it took me about a month just to do the Agent_Smith donations (thx Agent_Smith smile_o.gif ).

More than half my time is spent editing/fixing/making objects, so the progress on them isn't as quick as some might think it could be (plus real life...).

When things are a bit more complete....we shall have a good talk Schoeler smile_o.gif

i know this is a lil off topic, but how is the F-14 comming along?

i know this is a lil off topic, but how is the F-14 comming along?

We will start working on it again this week after we finish working on the Iraqi Voices!