Sign in to follow this  

Iraqi islands

I'm just going to use this thread to post a pic every now and then, so that you can see how things are progressing. So here we go. smile.gifMainMenu01.jpg

Damn... I've been waiting 4 minutes for that picture to load..

OFPEC server is (no offsense) quite slow, especially on those pictures...

[Edit, now that the picture has finally loaded]

Looks good, wish I could get some help for my island... cough...

Yes..it is a bit slow. But they are hosting, so I'm not complaining wink.gif

Buildings will be a mixture of BIS, retextured BIS, OPGWC Team built, third party and retextured third party buildings. Basically we are trying to get the best of all worlds...and why not? tounge.gif

Here is part of one airbase. The hangers are just placeholders for a forth coming Hardened Aircraft Shelter (HAS).

Runways_In_Situ.jpg

I'll make it real simple: Canals and palm trees. There you have it, southern Iraq made simple.

Looking good smile.gif

Says on first picture "BETA 0.96," so it can't take too long... wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ April 05 2003,23:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looking good smile.gif

Says on first picture "BETA 0.96," so it can't take too long... wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually he just have an older config version, I got 1.0 config!

And yes it's looking very nice!

Nice place for a picnic tounge.gif

CoastalArea.jpg

nice work, specially those bushes. but how do you get all the edited bushes into wrp? i cant get the middle eastern buildings pack in sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ April 06 2003,10:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice place for a picnic  tounge.gif

CoastalArea.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Awesome! Are you going to add any palms :-)!

Well great work, i m going to post it on the site smile.gif

Lol....GET THAT F***ING TANK OFF MY ISLAND!!  biggrin.gif Hehehehe

No large palm trees...just the smaller palms/bushes. Tall palms tend to be in southern Iraq, around the two rivers....this island isn't really that area. Besides, total plant count is at about 64,000.....that's enough  wink.gif  biggrin.gif

Since I've had to make up these two pics for masking purposes, I thought I would post them up. They are a complete overview of both islands showing the textures. Pics are the full views of both islands, 12.8 x 12.8km. To give a sense of scale, runways are around 2km long (which is about half the length of the runways on the real bases from which my designs are taken). smile.gif

IraqiAirbase first.

IAOverview.jpg

IraqiMountains.

IMOverview.jpg

Thanks blackdog  biggrin.gif  wink.gif

And just so the other island doesn't get too ignored...two pics of the desert on IraqiAirbase.

IADesert.jpg

IAMuchDesert.jpg

That's all for a while. The next stage is making the bases, and that will be on going for the next couple of months. smile.gif

nice work leone, how large will the bases be? i love making bases biggrin.gif takes time but seeing it finished is the good part

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mrukas @ April 07 2003,11:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nice work leone, how large will the bases be? i love making bases biggrin.gif takes time but seeing it finished is the good part<span id='postcolor'>

At least 2 times bigger than the main nogova airport smile.gif

cool, mod im working with i have huge work on my hands, ill be doing the city of Basrah, and try making it as big and as realistc as possible sad.gif ..

will the bases even be 2 times larger than lipany(the capitol of nogova)?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mrukas @ April 07 2003,23:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cool, mod im working with i have huge work on my hands, ill be doing the city of Basrah, and try making it as big and as realistc as possible sad.gif ..

will the bases even be 2 times larger than lipany(the capitol of nogova)?<span id='postcolor'>

Well we don't know yet but IraqiAirField is an island filled with 4 Bases / Airports. We are trying to do a high quality base-island- and we will add more things when we can smile.gif!

wow, will the auto landing pilot/ and AI be able to land at all 4 of or will it choose only one? and take-off offcourse?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mrukas @ April 07 2003,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow, will the auto landing pilot/ and AI be able to land at all 4 of or will it choose only one? and take-off offcourse?<span id='postcolor'>

We must ee on how this works but probably he will choose the closest or hte one without enemies wink.gif

nice smile.gifwink.gif ... well, have you also noticed how if you put AI planes to takeoff on the top northeast island with the airfield, the AI seems to wanna go to the other airfield on west nogova? or is it just me?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mrukas @ April 08 2003,00:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nice smile.gif  wink.gif ... well, have you also noticed how if you put AI planes to takeoff on the top northeast island with the airfield, the AI seems to wanna go to the other airfield on west nogova? or is it just me?<span id='postcolor'>

I think they just can auto-land at one airport a map. Same on Everon - auto-land only works on main airport on eastern Everon, not on the small island north-west of Everon.