Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

Every image i save in ie turns out into a .bmp

When i right click save as on an image

it always save as untitled.bmp andi cant select .jpg,

why does it do that? anyway to fix? sad.gif

Which version of IE you have? I have 5.0 and I suffer from the same problem, but it appears only randomly.

I've had that problem for a while, but I've found a solution now. From usenet:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is usually fixed for almost all users by emptying the Temporary Internet Files including all offline content. Open Internet Explorer, click Tools/Internet Options and Delete the Temporary files, making sure to check the popup box to Delete All Offline Content. Then you should be again able to save images in their original format.

<span id='postcolor'>

Worked for me smile.gif I had about 5 GB temporary internet files and offline content wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 03 2003,17:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've had that problem for a while, but I've found a solution now. From usenet:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is usually fixed for almost all users by emptying the Temporary Internet Files including all offline content.  Open Internet Explorer, click Tools/Internet Options and Delete the Temporary files, making sure to check the popup box to Delete All Offline Content.  Then you should be again  able to save images in their original format.

<span id='postcolor'>

Worked for me smile.gif I had about 5 GB temporary internet files and offline content  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thx it worked for me too

i have ie 6.00

smile.gif

you can lock topic now A&A

you could also add the extension manually when saving, ie "image.jpg" instead of just saving as "image"

I find with Windows XP, doing that will only cause it to save as 'untitled.jpg'.bmp (minus the quotes), except under certain circumstances.

I get that problem once in a while, but when I do I just manually add the .jpg extention.  Sometimes it will save as the original extention the pic has from the site.  It's just easier to rename it after saving. wink.gif

And about the Temp Files, yes you should do that once in a while, but not all the time 'cause everytime a site gets put into your temp. internet folder, it will load faster and faster the more you visit it.

-iCe-