Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

To whom are the memorials for?

Over the course of plaing OFP, I and many other people have noticed the several memorials. While there is no specifics on what/who they are for, if any.

I'm talking about the little things with the figure in them. For instance, one is Southest of trosky along the forest's edge.

Another can be found northwest of Paskey. And another one east of modrava up the road.

BIS, or anyone who knows, were these put in there as a memorial to someone? Or are the just there to look pretty for resistance?

The one you are talking about in particular looks like the Mary (lol, almost typed Marfy). I'm not sure though...

arch1.jpg

arch2.jpg

arch3.jpg

arch4.jpg

arch5.jpg

How come your screen shot looks so good? What kind of video card do you have?

Wow, and I thought I KNEW what this games graphics are like.

Where did you get that gun? I've never seen it before in this game.

you can visit me in the ofp combat photography thread smile.gif

its named AKW_L300R and AKW_M4A1 and I have no idea who made them. Search M4A1 on OFP.info because I think thats where I got it.

To answer the original question I go with Avon. I always took it they were memorials to Mary and Jesus. I saw a lot of them in France looked very similar.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 01 2003,21:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A left handed rifle?

edit: Nevermind, I know how you did it I think<span id='postcolor'>

Those pictures are actually correct, the LM300 and M4 have the ejection port and controls on the right. The picture weren't flipped or modified.

Counterstrike and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and other games flip the models because the left side of these rifles are apparently too boring for some people.

I don't think "memorials" is the corect term. Memorials are to remind people about someone or a group of people, like soldiers who died in a particular battle, or someone important from that area, for example.

The "memorials" that you find in OFP are simply roadside shrines.Quite common in continental Europe.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ April 02 2003,00:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 01 2003,21wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A left handed rifle?

Those pictures are actually correct, the LM300 and M4 have the ejection port and controls on the right. The picture weren't flipped or modified.

Counterstrike and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and other games flip the models because the left side of these rifles are apparently too boring for some people.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I always wondered why the ak47 had the shell ejector port on the left side when I was using it right handed in cs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 03 2003,00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ April 02 2003,00:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 01 2003,21<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A left handed rifle?

Counterstrike and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and other games flip the models because the left side of these rifles are apparently too boring for some people.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I always wondered why the ak47 had the shell ejector port on the left side when I was using it right handed in cs.<span id='postcolor'>

Hate to go off topic in my own thread but since I'm prolly not gonna get an official answer... what the hell.

Sgt. Milkman, all weapons in CS when used right handed ejet shells across your face. Why? If you follow the history of CS you'll find Gooseman was aperntly left handed. He modelled the weapons for lefty shooters, and when people complained for right handed (because they didn't like left like goose had intended) he simple mirrored all the models for rightys.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ April 03 2003,16:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 03 2003,00:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ April 02 2003,00:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ April 01 2003,21<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A left handed rifle?

Yeah, I always wondered why the ak47 had the shell ejector port on the left side when I was using it right handed in cs.<span id='postcolor'>

Hate to go off topic in my own thread but since I'm prolly not gonna get an official answer... what the hell.

Sgt. Milkman, all weapons in CS when used right handed ejet shells across your face.  Why?  If you follow the history of CS you'll find Gooseman was aperntly left handed.  He modelled the weapons for lefty shooters, and when people complained for right handed (because they didn't like left like goose had intended) he simple mirrored all the models for rightys.<span id='postcolor'>

I am a lefty shooter, I just happen to be too lazy to switch the hands on my guy, although I have tried and nothing seems to happen when I make it left handed.

Your right, you probably wont get an "Official" answer, but I must say these memorials are not related to one person, like Viktor Troska. They are more related to The virgin Mary and other religious figures.