Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

Best combat training in the world

Ok, I am making this new thread because my last thread was spammed and closed.

This thread is not the same idea.

This is basically a discussion of the worlds elite, who has the best combat training.  Regular infantry, or any special soldier units for example.

Nothing about planes, bombs, tanks, or the such.  I am talking about combat in the soldier sense.   You cannot use technology as an argument.  This is a discussion of soldier training and skill, not gear.

This thread will also allow me to for my first time try the poll function.

But feel free to add groups that are not listed as my poll is just a few suggestions off the top of my head.   Try to limit the discussion of Special Operations Units.  They get too much attention as it is.

And try to avoid redundant militaries if they are, ie: British SAS, Australian SASR, I dunno if they are.  Just a guess.

Look, not to rain on your parade (and sorry for spamming your last thread, it was just meant to be a little joke), but haven't these type of threads been done to death in the past?

Ok, I voted British SAS. But I was tied betweed SAS and French Foreign Legion.

Plus, I'm not sure about how the FFL trains. Maybe they are better.

But I wouln't know anyhow.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ April 01 2003,02:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Look, not to rain on your parade (and sorry for spamming your last thread, it was just meant to be a little joke), but haven't these type of threads been done to death in the past?<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, maybe.

But then again the only thread in the past I've seen like this one is someone did about "Who is the worlds best Special Forces".

Mine is different. It includes all soldiers. Special Operations Units, para commandos, to regular elite infantry.

It's basically about all soldiers and finding the best of them all.

zZz, this is like your 4th thread about this kind of thing. Give it a rest, please.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 01 2003,02:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">zZz, this is like your 4th thread about this kind of thing. Give it a rest, please.<span id='postcolor'>

4th??

You mean 2nd. My last one got locked because of spam.

if u dont like it then ddont read it,otherwise ill break out the emergency measures wink.gif

Im still decidding which one to pick.

Changed my mind from "other" to "brit. SAS" too late confused.gif The british have had the SAS going for like 50years and have special forces down to a fine art. That is not to say that the other forces have lesser soldiers.

It's okay to say that other forces have lesser soldiers than the SAS, I think most soldiers if they knew their stuff would be the first to admit they're not up to SAS standards. The only unit in the world that even comes close is the SBS.

french foreign legion ? regular ? I WASn45T A FUCKING BIFFIN GODAMNIT !!!!!!

you can call the french Armée de Terre regular if you want , but not the FFL

i can admit that most of the legion units aren't special ops ones , but still , the french foreign legion training ranges way over any kind of regular ground troops training as far as i know

Please stop with these threads IceFire. They are utterly pointless. Everybody will just vote for their nation's forces and nothing constructive will come out of it.

Closing