Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Ofp:goty hits the us

WOOhoo! Just placed my order. Thanks for the EB Games link.

Before you buy, you might want to check out other stores to see where you can get the best deal. You know you better save up for IL or OPF2 when it's coming out! But if you placed your order, too late! confused.gif

I bet you if you look you could find it cheaper!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Silent N Deadly @ Mar. 25 2003,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Before you buy, you might want to check out other stores to see where you can get the best deal. You know you better save up for IL or OPF2 when it's coming out! But if you placed your order, too late! confused.gif

I bet you if you look you could find it cheaper!<span id='postcolor'>

Cheaper? I'm not gonna surf around for 2 hours to save 5-10 bucks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cheaper? I'm not gonna surf around for 2 hours to save 5-10 bucks.<span id='postcolor'>

I am just saying! smile.gif I didn't force you to do it...Just saying! wink.gif

For $30 you get 3 games, thats $10 a game, sounds like a good deal to me wink.gif EB Games usually has the cheapest prices and their return policy is great (14 days and you can get a one time full refund if your software just wont work and tech support is nowhere to be found) at least in New York City it is tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For $30 you get 3 games, thats $10 a game, sounds like a good deal to me   EB Games usually has the cheapest prices and their return policy is great (14 days and you can get a one time full refund if your software just wont work and tech support is nowhere to be found) at least in New York City it is<span id='postcolor'>  

Yep, that's still a very good deal!

Are the prices listed here in Canadian or US dollars?

Thanks in advance,

SCTW

WOOOHOO!!!

The UPS guy came yesterday, but we weren't home. Soemone is home today though..so I'll be getting it today!

sad.gif RRrrrright, with my luck, Fry's probably isn't carrying it. My friend wants to buy OFP, but I told him to hold out and wait for GOTY.

Probably BS, it's not here. mad.gif

LOL! Hehe.

I'm American, and I bought my OPF GOTY edition many many months ago.

Just around last Christmas.

Whoohoo!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KDog35 @ Mar. 31 2003,03:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sad.gif   RRrrrright, with my luck, Fry's probably isn't carrying it. My friend wants to buy OFP, but I told him to hold out and wait for GOTY.

Probably BS, it's not here.   mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i saw GOTY in Fry's. check again. wink.gif

I was their last week; No GOTY. smile.gif And it won't be there when I check again tomorrow. mad.gif

Well perhaps it would be a good idea to ask them if they're getting it in, and if not ask them to order it for you, no harm in asking smile.gif

Yay! I got it. It's nice being able to play both versions withn only one CD. smile.gif It's also nice having to apply only ONE patch if you have to reinstall for some reason. biggrin.gif

I may buy it just so i can give my other 3 discs to someone less fortunate than me.

The reason you might not be able to find it is because you might have been looking for the regular size game boxes.

GOTY comes in these tiny little boxes. The front of the box completely comes off the bottom of the box.

Kind of like the cardboard box of those puzzles that you put together to make a picture.(they're made up of these little pieces that you put together, no 2 pieces go together. You have to match the right matching pieces together by looking at the portion of the picture on one piece and comparing that to the picture on the cover)

confused.gif

Yes that's true, and the three CD's come in little paper CD "envelopes".  Pretty cheesy if you ask me mad.gif

But still it's the game that counts smile.gif

Also in Canada (where I live biggrin.gif) the GOTY Edition at EB is $44.99, which makes it about 51 bucks with tax.  Still pretty good I think, since they sell Red Hammer for 24.99 by itself at Future Shop, OFP And Resistance for 49.99 at Best Buy.  So getting "three" games for $51.00 is like $17.00 each.  wink.gif

And you get the complete Resistance soundtrack on CD with it! biggrin.gif

-iCe

Well I checked again today, no GOTY. Did you find it in the same section as the original? I asked Best Buy if they could order it for me and they don't do any special ordering for anyone. I guess i'll ask Fry's, they better do orders! I Will Not buy anything over the net, hopefully I'll find it; pissing me off.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KDog35 @ April 11 2003,06:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I checked again today, no GOTY. Did you find it in the same section as the original? I asked Best Buy if they could order it for me and they don't do any special ordering for anyone. I guess i'll ask Fry's, they better do orders! I Will Not buy anything over the net, hopefully I'll find it; pissing me off.<span id='postcolor'>

yes. i went to Fry's and it was right next to originals.

if you can drive, there is a Fry's pass 605 on 60. I was on my way to friends and saw it there.

Ralph I live in Los Angeles, CA; kinda far. There's one in Glendale, CA, I may check there this week-end. Or Comp-USA

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif Picked it up at Comp-USA weee!

I have a very basic question: Is everything played on Disk #1?

I'm looking for Red Hammer and not familiar with it. It tells me to go under campaigns to find it, all I see is the originals and resistance.