Sign in to follow this  
Oberon3d

Westland wessex

Hi....I know I said is bad to do two Addons at the same time but I couldn't resist doing some work at home. ( I do the ferret in my brake time at my work place)

So I have been modeling this nice almost harmless helicopter ( i still don't know if I will put him a door machine gun)

I will have to unwrapp it before start texturing it...but i'm planing to make both a British Wessex and an American S-58 with it as both are almost the same....so you can use it either in Vietnam or in the Falklands. The S-58....I think should have a machine gun.

tounge.gif

www.appc70.dsl.pipex.com\wessex\1.jpg

www.appc70.dsl.pipex.com\wessex\2.jpg

www.appc70.dsl.pipex.com\wessex\3.jpg

Of course first I have to finish the interior of the Ferret... tounge.gif

Hi Oberon3d

The wessex is looking really nice. Ever thought of joining the Falklands mod team. We were going to make a wessex, seems a shame to have two of the same addon smile.gif

Cheers

Colonel Klink

Falklands Mod Team Lead designer

Hi.

I'll send you the wessex so you can mess with it when it's finished and do your version....I told you long time ago I would make the wessex for your MOD but that I couldn't join you.

I'm afraid I can't fully join any MOD because I can't dedicate enough time. And I still have some own projects in the queu

tounge.gif

Any way....count with this wessex as a Falklands Mod Addon

tounge.gif....when it's done of course

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oberon3d @ Mar. 24 2003,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi.

I'll send you the wessex so you can mess with it when it's finished and do your version....I told you long time ago I would make the wessex for your MOD but that I couldn't join you.

I'm afraid I can't fully join any MOD because I can't dedicate enough time. And I still have some own projects in the queu

tounge.gif

Any way....count with this wessex as a Falklands Mod Addon

tounge.gif....when it's done of course<span id='postcolor'>

That's a roger on that Oberon3d.

Thanks buddy. Looking forward to seeing it.

If you want help with it. Please let me know.

Cheers

Colonel Klink

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Colonel_Klink @ Mar. 24 2003,11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi Oberon3d

The wessex is looking really nice. Ever thought of joining the Falklands mod team. We were going to make a wessex, seems a shame to have two of the same addon smile.gif

Cheers

Colonel Klink

Falklands Mod Team Lead designer<span id='postcolor'>

I sence propaganda and lazyness tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Mar. 24 2003,16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Colonel_Klink @ Mar. 24 2003,11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi Oberon3d

Cheers

Colonel Klink

Falklands Mod Team Lead designer<span id='postcolor'>

I sence propaganda and lazyness tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

no its just co-operation on making a addon smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I sence propaganda and lazyness <span id='postcolor'>

Dont even dare to say the falklands mod r lazy! especially klink (all hail klink)

Looks very nice.

Wish I had the patience and skill to do stuff like that. smile.gif

I doubt I could model a lunchbox! wink.gif

And yeah, I don't see it as lazyness... I'd rather see one well-done, community supported vehicle, than 15 versiosns of that vehicle on a website, when I have to figure out which one is best. crazy.gif

Damn nice work oberon.. yeah I remember you mentioning doing the wessex a long time ago when I asked you about joining the team..

smile.gif

Great work! Isn't this the same one that they used in vietnam (or was that the other one... they both look the same). There was one that looked similar to this one in Full Metal Jacket...

Otherwise, as usual, I love you oberon! Your work is excellent

/edit: heh... pictures were worth a thousand words but they didn't translate to the text you wrote about them being in the vietnam war.

Hmm, i think there was one of these in the movie k-19 thats from a U.S destroyer that hovers over the sub.

The original helo is the American Sikorsky 58

The british bought a licence to build it under the name Wessex.

And yes, they were several of this in "Full Metal Jacket" but I bet they were british Wessex disguised as Sikorskys tounge.gif

What I really want to do is start painting skins... smile.gif

I think there are a couple of differences between the Wessex/UH-34, the main one being the Wessex has a turbine engine and the C/UH-34 has a piston engine, so if you decide to make a USMC UH-34D then you might need to rethink the exhaust positioning (not sure if theres a difference, but there probably is), either way, great model!

well the wessex it self has several diferent positions for the exhaust, antena, windows, air intake...but....let's be honest...I'm not going to make ten diferent versions...I just want to fly that damn chopper  tounge.gif

I just might make another version with the sferical nose (without that "mouth" more like the H-34) but that's it....next model

What I will do is a few diferent skins.

If anyone is going to start saying that it's not realistic....well....so what?...  tounge.gif

I don't mean you Eviscerator (thank's for the tip)  smile.gif

...this is just in case anyone starts as usual....the not realistic or historical stuff...

Cheers smile.gif

this was on my list in most wanted choppers thread.

Well done and keep up with it.

Hi...

Sorry for not replying...I have been very busy....but...I haven´t stoped...

The Ferret interior is coming good...The Wessex is Ready to be textured....I have made the mapping and I have a texture page with the wireframe so I can paint straight away...

I have some texture space in that page for future extra details like the steps in the wheels, some aerials and whatever else smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ 11 May 2003,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any pictures? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

the model is ready to be textures so it would not look any different than the pics that are already given