Sign in to follow this  

News sites, live feeds etc

There has been  several requests of collecting links to various news sources covering the on-going war. Post your links in this thread. Once we get a good list, we'll put it in the first post of the Iraq war thread. Please keep the exact following format so that automatic sorting can be used to order the links later:

Name(link),  Language,  Format

Example1:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

CNN, English, HTML

<span id='postcolor'>

Example2:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

ABC Australia News, English, RealPlayer<span id='postcolor'>

Format names:

WindowsMedia,

RealPlayer,

HTML

Flash

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 23 2003,17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sky News Live, English, WIMP biggrin.gif

Closes the moment I try connecting.<span id='postcolor'>

Try this url, I took it out of the html source and it works for me when pasted into WMP, of course I'm in England so no idea if that's a factor smile.gif

Pah... for an incredible smart and goodlooking and cosmopolitan and multilingual person like me there is only one adress necessary. tounge.gif

NETZZEITUNG

Which posts links to the most recent articles published by the most popular newspapers (mostly german though). So every second I can check what those below have to say.

Der Spiegel

The New York Times

Frankfurter Allgemeine

Die Welt

Die Zeit

Die Sueddeutsche

Handelsblatt

Financial Times

Network World

Golem

Neue Zuericher Zeitung

Focus

Sport 1

Le Monde

Le Figaro

Washington Post

Guardian Unlimited

Diepresse.com

De standaard

Indimedia org

You can personalise this site and create certain filters.

Albert, you are my hero.  smile.gif

BTW is there a way to avoid that nasty buffering stuff? Everytime I watch AlJazeera Livestream and it get`s interesting the video stops and buffering begins. I have 512MB RAM and DSL, so what`s the deal with that buffering? sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 23 2003,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">makes me wish i spoke german sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you could always try the Drudge Report, FS

WWITv Internet Portal - Video feed links - All languages - All Formats

Tampa Bay Radio links - More video feed links, scroll down a bit. - English, Arabic - All Formats

Early Bird Government news clipping service - US servicemembers and DOD only.  You're going to have to log in if you're not hitting it form you .mil pc - English - Html

Salam Pax's Blog - Interesting web log purportedly being posted by an Iraqi - English - Html

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 24 2003,06:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 23 2003,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">makes me wish i spoke german sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you could always try the Drudge Report, FS<span id='postcolor'>

aha, thank you.

reuters.com has to be the best video footage of the war so far in my opinion. Boy the last time i posted here was about 5 months ago lol crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rob @ Mar. 24 2003,08:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">reuters.com has to be the best video footage of the war so far in my opinion. Boy the last time i posted here was about 5 months ago lol  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Those a raw recorded clips for the most part. Yes, some of them have great shots, like the Um Qasr battle yesterday, with the Javelin shot.

IMPORTANT

Due to information being erased by the media minutes or hours after it is posted, it is suggested you copy important news articles to your local archives if you wish to reference them later.

Cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Mar. 24 2003,22:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Al-Jezeera in English - English - HTML<span id='postcolor'>

Thank you. If anyone had any doubts about the slant of Al Jazeera's "even-handed" reporting, this site should alleviate those doubts.

Just summarize the titles on their In Depth page and you'll catch on quickly.

And this is just their English site!

Interstat posted this link to the University of Texas Online Library with many links to maps and other informations about Iraq, including the link to DigitalGlobe.com with many satellite images of Baghdad and other sites.

Edit: Evil fast moderators *grumble*... But DigitalGlobe has more than just this one satellite picture of Baghdad...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 25 2003,10:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Mar. 24 2003,22:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Al-Jezeera in English - English - HTML<span id='postcolor'>

Thank you. If anyone had any doubts about the slant of Al Jazeera's "even-handed" reporting, this site should alleviate those doubts.

And this is just their English site!<span id='postcolor'>

"David meets Goliath"

"Oil as a weapon of power"

"Why britain wants this war"

"Oiling the wheels of government"

"War leaders may face crime charges"

What`s the problem with that headlines? AlJazeera is as objective as our european "western" media. At least it seems so for me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Mar. 25 2003,13:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 25 2003,10:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Mar. 24 2003,22:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Al-Jezeera in English - English - HTML<span id='postcolor'>

And this is just their English site!<span id='postcolor'>

"David meets Goliath"

"Oil as a weapon of power"

"Why britain wants this war"

"Oiling the wheels of government"

"War leaders may face crime charges"

What`s the problem with that headlines? AlJazeera is as objective as our european "western" media. At least it seems so for me.<span id='postcolor'>

IMO, you just said plenty!

I almost bet my OFP CDs for such an answer. biggrin.gif

Discussing on this leads to nothing. Back to our maps and links. smile.gif