Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Operation flashpoint 2

whats wrong with all of you? they offcially announce the sequal to the greatest game of all time, and you complain? dont forget what has made this game so succesfull! addons! mods! things of that nature, you can do whatever you want with operation flashpoint, its do anything anywhere environment makes it a perfect setting for any time period. And the industry could use a good nam game, all thats being produced now is world war II games, the only nam game that i have seen released is platoon and vietkong, which dont match up to ofp.

Im hopping to see in OF2:

A new improved engine. I'll like some eye candy, at least, as better as UTK2003 engine or Battlefield 1942 one.

Improvements on multiplayer. Ill love to see multispawn based gametypes like the zone controls or even CTF like in Battlefield. Even though Bis said it wasn't posible, Battlefield team has manage to do it pretty well. the fact that you have to wait for plasying only makes multiplayer less fun. If they manage to do that in OFP2, it will be the game to beat at multiplayer.

Increased realism in physics. There are many arcade war games out there. None has emphasised the importance of great physics like OFP. Im hoping to see more of it on the OF2

Mod tools relased since day one. Not only the mission editors but also a new version of Oxygen for OF2 and a terrain editor for new isles.

Less Bugs. Can I stress this....a lot.

Multiplayer In game voice comunication. Well halflife could do it. Why not OFP2?

More cheat protection

A singleplayer campaign as good as the Red Hammer.

Improve AI. He he he....AI in OFP is oen of the best all around. Still some imrpovement will be more than welcome.

Well Im hoping to be blown away by teh next OFP. Just like I was blown by the original one.

Smiles and then Smiles again.

And there's more than enough life in OFP-R to see me to OFP2 in 18 months, especially with all the great addons and mods coming.

Nope, never played a nam-based game or mod before, so it's all fine with me smile.gif

Gollum can become the tunnel rat biggrin.gif

there will 100% be possible to make addons and mods for ofp2 so i think it doesn't matter so much when the game happens..

Sorry but i didn't feel for read thru the whole thread so not sure it been up, but the guy on the picture they use for the "box of ofp2".. wanna know the history about it? well just check this page:

http://www.vietnampix.com/faces2a.htm

and i used it my OFP mission (with SEB NAM), and just spread it to a few friends, guess BIS founded it and thought i was on the right track.. so bis, i expect some credits. Also i did a mission called "first strike" perhaps the best i ever did, and played with some OFPEC people, then in the res campaign you find a mission called first strike, not close to mine but anyway.. wink.gif

Before you flame me, i am not taking this seriosly wink.gif

Ok, guess what : would BIS or Codemasters use a copyrighted photo of vietnam marines in operation to make their jacket and communication and actually publish a game, say, about WW2 confused.gif

Now, it's quite clear that OFP2 will be about Viet Nam and will involve at least US marines... You know what, I would have been happy whatever the era and storyline, as long as BIS are equal to themselves and raise the standards as they have done with OFP.

If the game meets our expectations people that really hate a vietnam game will soon have addons and mods for other eras but with the new improved engine, so i guess there is nothing to fear for that matter.

For now i am a fan of SEB's Nam Pack, eagerly waiting for their next releases so you might have guest that i am glad ofp2 will be about vietnam too... If only it could also include pre US in Nam things, like French colonial war in Indochina, for a change. I guess it will not be too difficult for a few mod/addons makers to do that after ofp2 is out smile.gif)

I WILL BUY OFP2, OH YES, I WILL...

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ April 16 2003,16:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im just wondering what the new engine will bring...<span id='postcolor'>

riverine ?

wink.gif

If you look at the pic, there is short grass and a tree that you would find in europe. The M60 looks like a .30 calibre , maybe and the only thing that points to vietnam is the waterbottle on this helmet. Maybe the US is involved in a conflict around Vietnam. smile.gif But in Europe.

(If it is the US)

I'll DEFINITELY purchase OpFP2. I have no interest in a Vietnam game, but the new engine will set the standard for what can be done in a game of this nature - the WW2 addons will come along quickly (only era I'm interested in). Can't wait!!

Thank you BIS!

I dont really give a damn what theme OFP 2 will have, it could be about pirates from the 1700th century for all I care. The important thing is how they will improve the engine and editing support.

Guest Scooby

Yeah, Addons will come quickly. It only took 1.5 years to get first decent addons for Operation Flashpoint.

Outstanding, all that matters is the quality of the new engine. Actually a Vietnam game is perfect because of the diversity of environments in the 'Nam. It should mean a lot of nice vegetation, finer terrain details etc... I hope we get trenches, foxholes, bunkers, canals and rice paddies. Plus a whole host of nice new tropical plants and trees. We can turn this game into anything we want. I can't wait.

AS someone already posted

face2a.jpg

picture.jpg

logo.jpg

coming.jpgpc.gif

Indeed it looks like Operation Vietnam went somewhere because i got an E-mail from seventh after i e-mailed him, he said they where still going.

We'll see what setting it will be in May, but it sure looks like it's going to be Vietnam (the tv set, the film on the tv set, the Nam picture the used (see post above), etc). But how much in OFP1 was about the cold war? Just the campaign. So for you that don't want "another Nam game," well do you wanna miss OFP2 ( ! ) and all future usermade missions and addons not about Vietnam just because you don't like the campaign...? I wouldn't wanna do that. And for you that love Vietnam conflict based games - enjoy the campaign and all the (usermade) missions made around the Vietnam conflict.

smile.gif

I'm looking forward to OFP2. thumbs-up.gif

Neo

hehe, if OFP will be in vietnam, that will be the second CZECH game in vietnam, and i think that second VERY GOOD GAME IN VIETNAM, hehe, yeah yeah, Czech rulez biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

fire6d.jpg

I wanna see the engine simulate this.

Has anyone here played "Line of Site:Vietnam" ? It does foliage better then any other FPS I've seen to date.. The levels are as large as 1 mile sq. The foilage is amazing !!!

Well, forum admins, how about making a Flashpoint 2 forum? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Melkor @ April 16 2003,20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, forum admins, how about making a Flashpoint 2 forum?  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Not much to talk about yet, maybe after E3 we will have more to say.

RED

There are too many Vietnam games lately....I was hoping for something in a more actual time...Maybe Desert Storm, Iraqs War, of something modern (Even a fictitious USA vs. EU war)..... confused.gif

Vietnam games relay on many jungles and squads of 8-12 men. There is no intensive use of vehicles, big islands. This is one of the most boring settings for a game like OFP.

I was hoping for OFP to follow its war simulation theme and not go down to the CQB.

So far the only vehicles we'll regularly see are a ocasional Huey and a Jeep. sad.gif

Till now we have this Vietnam games. They all grafically are great (or will be great). Also their gameplay os good but nothing as intense as OFP. OFP2 will have a strong competition.

Vietcong

pic

Line of Sight: Vietnam

pic

Men of Valor

pic

Please read forum rules, no pic over size of 100kb.

why the hell are they choosing vietnam? we already have a decent mod for it... so why does ofp have to be nam era?

i think BIS have lost their minds on this one - i think the general community on the whole would prefer a different era... something more modern.

dear oh dear... although i know i'll still buy it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Messiah @ April 16 2003,21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why the hell are they choosing vietnam? we already have a decent mod for it...<span id='postcolor'>

There's a mod going for about every war thats ever happened.. and future ones....

Absolutely.  There are enough Vietnam mods and games out there.  I'm not even really excited about the prospect of running through endless forests, because you don't get the combined arms battles of the first game.  Besides, with most of the cool modern-day weapons and vehicles missing, it would be a big step backwards.  Going from Hinds and Apaches to Hueys?  No thanks.  

What would be really cool is a game set in the Soviet\Afghan war or maybe even a fictional invasion of the United States by Russia and/or China.  That would open the door for great combined arms warfare, and a near-future setting would allow BIS to incorporate all the latest weapons, vehicles and technology, like optical camouflage, heat vision, radar jamming, F-22 and JSF planes, the Stryker combat armored personnel carrier, AWACS, hovercraft, etc. etc.