Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Operation flashpoint 2

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Mar. 23 2003,22:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 23 2003,22:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">duh....

marijuana, hippies, flowers, and free sex. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, imagine the "mods".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The guys at LLWR Mod (Love Letters With Roses) have released their brand new Bean Plant! Great job!<span id='postcolor'>

No but seriously... I guess Vietnam can be nice. If not today. Doesn't anyone want it to be set today? Perhaps with a made-up conflict...<span id='postcolor'>

I'd really enjoy to have it set today like operation iraqi freedom with alot of desert stuff

im a desert maniac

or a fictional one set in 2004-05 would be cool

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 23 2003,23:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd really enjoy to have it set today like operation iraqi freedom with alot of desert stuff

im a desert maniac

or a fictional one set in 2004-05 would be cool<span id='postcolor'>

Could be nice, yeah, but I think it would be a bit "single-tracked" or something, I mean, only one place. One "island". So I don't know...

And I wouldn't call 2004-2005 "fictional" as the game is probably going to be released in mid 2004 wink.gif

Yes, I certainly hope modding tools for OFP2 come out sooner than OFP1 did.

Anyway, good to see a site open for OFP2.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 23 2003,21:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigpoppa @ Mar. 23 2003,19:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So please BIS, don't make the mistakes of OFP 1, just support us from the beginning with the right tools! And please deliver us a SDK, so we can extend the possibilities of your future engine ourselves.<span id='postcolor'>

So you would rather Opf2 get delayed 6-12 months so that mod tools can be included rather than getting Opf2 first and then waiting a while for the mod tools? Personally I know what I prefer and it's not the first option smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, it's modding that keeps me and others to this game; I have no problem if it takes one or two months until the modding tools are released; so there'll be a better chance that a mod will be completed before the majority left the community (I don't want to discuss the community thing).

But, if it would be the same like with O2 light and even no released Visitor, then I would look at games that deliver the tools to create nice addons or mods.

Just look at FarCry or especially Soeldner: Secret Wars. They want to release parts of the source, so people can expand the game.

And why should OFP 2 be delayed if the tools would be released short after game release? I think that the developers have to create the modding tools first, as they have to create islands, models and stuff before they release the game, right?

God, I wish they would rework their physics engine and fix the bouncing problem... crazy.gif

It would be nice if BIS asked us (players) in some kind of poll - "which conflict would you like to see in OFP2?".

Well.. if one day the will ask me about this I'll tell them - Vietnam... "and nothing else matters"  wink.gif

Guest BratZ

Nobody has done a good Vietnam era game, that would be nice,todays conflict wouldn't be bad.

After seeing the Bis Camel and its still in beta wha...WW1?

A conflict covering WW1 - WW2 and maybe even to Vietnam would be sweet

I expect with the new engine capabilities it won't stop at just a Vietnam game, as there would be so many possibilities.

Pre-Order button would be nice too, after Operation Flashpoint I am sold on any product from this company!

Model editor or not (original OFP did have the mission editor which was nice)

In pcgamer they reported ofp2 was going to be vietnam. Or it was a rumor around there office, along with the VTV network is one in vietnam.

Vietnam would be cool, but I hope the engine leaves itself open to modern conflicts as well.

I think Marek mentioned in his interview that the OFP2 engine would be backward compatible with OFP1 addons?

And I hope Independence Lost still gets a release, but after the interview, I'm not holding out much hope.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Mar. 24 2003,02:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Vietnam would be cool, but I hope the engine leaves itself open to modern conflicts as well.<span id='postcolor'>

good point

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I think Marek mentioned in his interview that the OFP2 engine would be backward compatible with OFP1 addons?<span id='postcolor'>

he said, they are really trying, not for sure.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And I hope Independence Lost still gets a release, but after the interview, I'm not holding out much hope.<span id='postcolor'>

that's up to BIS Austrailia. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be nice if BIS asked us (players) in some kind of poll - "which conflict would you like to see in OFP2?".

Well.. if one day the will ask me about this I'll tell them - Vietnam... "and nothing else matters" wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well they do sorta have the same thing.

OFP 2 thread full of suggestions

I think thatll help them quite a bit if they're having problems thinking of what kind of stuff to have in ofp2.

Also in an interview they called ofp2.. "attack of the shrubs" Hm.. silly name but vietnam would fit that description.

I'd take a czech war scenario over yet another vietnam game any day.

Every second publisher is going for at least one vietnam game already. (vietcong, men of valour, ...)

In the end, it will turn out to be a nice game for sure, but I would really prefer some other scenario than Vietnam. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ Mar. 23 2003,20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also in an interview they called ofp2.. "attack of the shrubs"<span id='postcolor'>

Damnit SFG. If i have to tell you ONE MORE time why they had that caption there under the OFP1 screenshot, i'm gonna scream! mad.gifconfused.gifwink.giftounge.gif

Well looking at the tv-set i would also think it s a conflict in the 60's or 70's.

Its an old tvset, and got a black & white testscreen.

My guess is vietnam too smile.gif

I would prefer a modern conflict rather than an old one....

I think ww1 and ww2 get boring and are not as impressive as modern conflicts.......

I hope too...I hate to see old crap campaigns about Vietnam Id rather play fictional modern campaigns with modern weapons....Besides, there is a Vietnam Seb Nam Pack with many addons, sounds, and everything..you can play it on ZEUS ADDON server...

I hope OFP-2 will have improved engine, also reload system would be done correctly so you can reload on the move.....

Personally, I am tired of WW2 bullshit games like BF42, WW2 online, Vietcong, and other crap....I WANT MODERN STUFF!!!

I know this has been asked many times before but Nevermind

Soldiers Shooting Out of Vehicles!!,Multiple Gunners on One Vehicle biggrin.gif

The little i know which i really can't say, but the little i know about what is coming has me drooling.

I can say what everyone should be able to work out and this isn't an expansion this is a brand new game with a new engine.

Bah I was gonna type more but I'll jump on with BIS and keep the suspense going biggrin.gif

Guest jacobaby

Things I noticed;

VTV is the name of a czech TV channel.

I see in Maruks interview he says OFP XBOX will use version 1.5 of the OFP engine.

To me this means that OFP XBOX will maybe include some of the new features they have been working on, like vertex and pixel shading. I dont have an XBOX, but I can wait for the reports for comparison. Anybody got one?confused.gif??

What about a radical idea. They make the new game OFP2, with its larger playing area and better physical engine, and they get BAS to do the models and textures..

biggrin.gif

Seriously I think they could have an online "Bank" of addon units available at payable download for just a few bucks each.

Each group of units could fit seamlessly into the existing campaign and SP/MP missions, which would be more randomly scripted to allow for MAX replay value.

And a free busty redhead with each CD of course..........

TJ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Mar. 24 2003,22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the little i know about what is coming has me drooling.<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif I want to be you

You should be drooling just knowing BIS is making something new. Seriously you know Suma, Maruk etc, they are great guys and when great minds are working on a new game you can bet it will be something we will love smile.gif

After playing OFP I have a great amount of respect for BIS and trust them 100% that whatever they release will be something new and innovative, not just a clone.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Mar. 25 2003,09:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You should be drooling just knowing BIS is making something new. Seriously you know Suma, Maruk etc, they are great guys and when great minds are working on a new game you can bet it will be something we will love smile.gif

After playing OFP I have a great amount of respect for BIS and trust them 100% that whatever they release will be something new and innovative, not just a clone.<span id='postcolor'>

Hear Hear!

OFP was BIS' first proper game as well - which is an amazing accomplishment in itself, to start off with such a top game -, so now they have some invaluable experience and, as Marek said in the interview, having learned some lessons here and there.

I am under no doubt that BIS is going to come up with something absolutely fantastic smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Mar. 24 2003,18:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You should be drooling just knowing BIS is making something new. Seriously you know Suma, Maruk etc, they are great guys and when great minds are working on a new game you can bet it will be something we will love smile.gif

After playing OFP I have a great amount of respect for BIS and trust them 100% that whatever they release will be something new and innovative, not just a clone.<span id='postcolor'>

No offense, but could you explain a little bit of how you know what you know? I mean, how do we know you're not fooling us? confused.gif